ADVERTISEMENT

Link: Journey Brown Highlights. Kid kind of reminds me of Reggie Bush.

Only difference is that Reggie Bush's highlights were put up against FBS and NFL teams as opposed to District 10 teams, some of which were A.

He's very fast for his size. The best highlight is him running the kid down when playing defense. Defenders take bad angles against him. Is that because they are of a lower class? He has deceptive speed? Just not sure. It doesn't look like he picks them up and puts them down really fast. He is very fluid...reminds me a bit of T-Pryor. I am guessing it will take him a couple of years to adjust to playing against better competition. But he clearly has a lot of tools.

I appreciate your enthusiasm. The kid has some serious athletic ability. Anyone who watches the video will know that (although I'd advise muting the audio)....

With production and speed like this kid has, I don't care who he played against. Neither of those things come by accident.

Only difference is that Reggie Bush's highlights were put up against FBS and NFL teams as opposed to District 10 teams, some of which were A.
Bush had a burst that few could match as evidenced in the video. Saquon comes close.

Does the student athlete have a say in making these videos? If so, thats a problem. There were more f bombs in there than yards gained! And the logo is a marijuana leaf.....another Levon Bell???

Ever hear of Tyler Ebell?
No, but what's not to like about 7,000 yards, 100 TD's, ridiculous track numbers, and some good tape? There's a history of good production already and a lot of physical upside.

For the record, I did not feel the same about Bragalone last year.

I wish I got to see Brown do a little more on tape (pass pro, catching the ball, run with power, return game) but I like the use of the scholarship on the player and am excited about him.

Chad Greenway played five man football. Ever seen the teams where Curtis Dukes came from? He was averaging 6.0 ypc before he got lost in the system change. Not everyone gets to play 5A ball in Texas.

No, but what's not to like about 7,000 yards, 100 TD's, ridiculous track numbers, and some good tape? There's a history of good production already and a lot of physical upside.

For the record, I did not feel the same about Bragalone last year.

I wish I got to see Brown do a little more on tape (pass pro, catching the ball, run with power, return game) but I like the use of the scholarship on the player and am excited about him.

Chad Greenway played five man football. Ever seen the teams where Curtis Dukes came from? He was averaging 6.0 ypc before he got lost in the system change. Not everyone gets to play 5A ball in Texas.
Curtis Dukes got "lost in the system change"?

Behind Bill Belton and Derek Day?

Does the student athlete have a say in making these videos? If so, thats a problem. There were more f bombs in there than yards gained! And the logo is a marijuana leaf.....another Levon Bell???

Yea, that's kind of a red flag.

Curtis Dukes got "lost in the system change"?

Behind Bill Belton and Derek Day?
Yes. The early indications were pretty good at like 6.0/carry.

"Dukes was the leading returning rusher for the Nittany Lions entering the 2012 season, but rushed for just 98 yards and didn’t receive a carry after the Sept. 29 game against Illinois."

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20130110/SPORTS03/701109951&template=mwdt

Then out with the old (Paterno) staff and in with the new (BOB). He did miss the first semester BOB was in town due to academics, but was back in good shape thereafter. Yet we got the Day and Belton show. Behind them? Yes. Due to talent? No. Articles and quotes like this began to show:

"Maybe there are some difficulties for him understanding some of the schemes but, even with that, he could have a package set where he gets some time."

I also heard his pass pro and receiving skills needed a lot of work and BOB wasn't a fan.

http://www.espn.com/blog/colleges/psu/post/_/id/2218/dukes-considering-leaving-after-season

It happens with a lot of coaching changes. This is a pretty classic example.

Hey...guys....don't get excited for anyone as nobody has played a down yet. Since they haven't played a down yet and we have tons of examples of kids that flew under the radar and flopped or excelled. Every JB thread needs that look at me guy, I'll tell you he can't succeed and you need to STFU because being excited about a kid who is coming to PSU is a bad thing. His track times...who cares...since Moo Moo Smith was fast. 700 yards in one game against a peewee team means you should shut up.

It's like clockwork...JB thread...his comp sucks and fast guys aren't always good so you shouldn't care. That god we have people to tell us some kids don't work out and some over achieve....who would have ever known.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT