ADVERTISEMENT

Limegrover out.

My sense is more Limegrover wanted the OC position, wasn't happy that he wasn't even chosen to call the offense in the bowl. As such, he felt he was at the very least third man down the OC totem pole. Next OL coach up!
I’m not so sure about that. Limegrover has said he didn’t enjoy being OC at Minnesota and just wanted to be an Oline coach

Can’t say it isn’t deserved. That said, seems like a good guy. I hate to see people losing their jobs, but it is a little easier to swallow after making the kind of money these guys make.
It won’t happen, but I would love to add UK’s o-line coach, John Schlarman. Any coach that can get his line to block well enough to un for over 500 yards while only throwing 4 passes as UK did against Louisville in the last game of the season with a WR at QB impresses me.

Limegrover came to Penn State in 2016 after Penn State head coach James Franklin’s first offensive line coach, Herb Hand, left to take the same position at Auburn. Limegrover added the title of run game coordinator in 2018 and has held that title ever since.

I think we know who will now be named run game coordinator. And, holding on to that coach is more important to us atm.

I doubt the new OC had any influence in this. No way CJF is going to ceede a decision like this to a new guy he has never worked with. One thing I give Franklin credit for, he looks very carefully at the staff and while he may not act quickly, when he sees a decision must be made, he makes it. If he was good with Limegrover's work he would not let him go just because the new OC wanted the change.
I tend to think this may be more of a mutual parting. By no means did Limegrover do a bad job. Maybe it's true that he wanted the OC position, maybe he viewed the decision to have Bowen call plays as a slap in the face, who knows? I wonder if Bowen gets the OL spot? He has done a great job with the TEs so on some level I would like to keep him there.

I doubt the new OC had any influence in this. No way CJF is going to ceede a decision like this to a new guy he has never worked with. One thing I give Franklin credit for, he looks very carefully at the staff and while he may not act quickly, when he sees a decision must be made, he makes it. If he was good with Limegrover's work he would not let him go just because the new OC wanted the change.
I tend to think this may be more of a mutual parting. By no means did Limegrover do a bad job. Maybe it's true that he wanted the OC position, maybe he viewed the decision to have Bowen call plays as a slap in the face, who knows? I wonder if Bowen gets the OL spot? He has done a great job with the TEs so on some level I would like to keep him there.
My sources are telling me Bowen is the guy.

Very Surprised (with the caveat that I have no idea if there may be some issue(s) that I am not aware of)

I can't imagine that Bowen won't now take over the OL (he seems destined for bigger and better things over time)…… unless CJF has some "Sekrah-level" hire in mind :)
Sekrah—-gotta love this....I’m hearing Les Miles

Hmmmm. Ciarocca and Bill Kenney coached together for three years at WMU (2013-2016). Is Bill coming home to coach the OT’s?

Last edited:
Reactions: flash86
Unfortunately I think Smith is untouchable. Only legacy on the staff
This type of thinking is idiotic. Smith was hired because he had significant recruiting ties to western PA. Penn State fans like that Smith played for JoePa and was a standout player. These are hardly requirements for being a coach at Penn State.

Not downplaying TE’s but if they do hire a new TE coach, hat coach needs to be an out of this world recruiter. I just watched the interview with KC and I believe he really knows his stuff. Although he does seem to be a little introverted. And that is ok, but you have to have balance.

Since he was a at in college, maybe Terry can switch over and coach TE and then go out and get a big time DB Coach?

Reactions: step.eng69
It’s me. Franklin just hired me. My philosophy as an offensive line coach is pick up your man and block. With the running backs, my philosophy is find the hole and run through it.

I’ve got this. 2020 is our year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT