ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Talk Football

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
after players, the single most important factor might be time, esp in the college game. What installs are needed?--how long on each? what order do you teach them....
D base first, Nickel 2nd?
So you get a new OC.. you can be a great play caller, but can you install those packages so the plays will work when you call them on Saturday.

The more I listen to CJF the more I like him, he is highly technical for a college football coach, from mapping out coaching schedules to having the players wear monitors to make sure that their heart rates are up during practice, while also managing the amount of steps they are taking deep into the season.

My only foray into coaching with was the San Diego Seacatz female team (my coaching buddy had a slightly different suffix that he would add to after the word Sea...) I remember doing installs on the white board, man that shite was boring. Funny story, he was repping the passing game and he told me to get back to safety. Well, these were girls/women.. who had played minimal football, I wasn't matching wits with Drew Brees and Sean Payton. So they were throwing the middle of the field, I simply played 16 yards deep dead center field, when they would throw short I would creep up and ruin the route confidence, when it was deep center I would take 2 steps back and create a small window.. after 5/6 failed reps I hear F bombs raining out of the sky, and my buddy started screaming "what in the eff are you doin back their Scotty, just stand the eff there". To this day my buddy jokes about how I ruined his seac**** offense.. said I had unreal range for a 35 yo LMAO.-sg

Reactions: AFRich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News