ADVERTISEMENT

Let's take a kneel in gratitude

McCloudersportLion

Sep 5, 2019
To the 1986-87 Penn State offensive line...

hqdefault.jpg

I remember that moment so well. I was a high school junior... our marching band was in Dallas and had been in the Cotton Bowl parade and attended the game where Ohio State defeated Texas A&M. The next night we watched the Fiesta Bowl in our hotel rooms.

I was thinking of attending Penn State, but despite growing up in the Harrisburg area I had never followed PSU football much. That game made me into a lifelong fan. What a feeling of relief when Dozier made it into the end zone... and then the complete elation when the final interception sealed it.

Iconic moments in an iconic game... just awesome.

...that kneel had nothing to do with our National Anthem and everything to do with thanksgiving...
...our seats for that game were in the first row of the balcony immediately above where Pete made the game winning interception ... I kept yelling, “Get down, get down”...and he finally heard me, or so I thought... :)

...that kneel had nothing to do with our National Anthem and everything to do with thanksgiving...
...our seats for that game were in the first row of the balcony immediately above where Pete made the game winning interception ... I kept yelling, “Get down, get down”...and he finally heard me, or so I thought... :)
Hopefully you detected my sarcasm. I was at the game and certainly acknowledge it is one of our most iconic photographs.

Calm down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT