ADVERTISEMENT

Lets see what the NCAA does

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Will be interesting to see what happens....considering that 88% of their operating budget comes from the NCAA tourney...and Louisville has put a ton of $$$$ in Emmerts pockets. An God forbid if NIKE gets caught and UNC is found to be dirty...it would be great if somehow this caused Emmert's organization to crash and burn...

Will be interesting to see what happens....considering that 88% of their operating budget comes from the NCAA tourney...and Louisville has put a ton of $$$$ in Emmerts pockets. An God forbid if NIKE gets caught and UNC is found to be dirty...it would be great if somehow this caused Emmert's organization to crash and burn...

FBI supposedly subpoenaed the Nike AAU records today. Do they take this to the end- no matter how widespread or stick with what they have now, declare victory and call it a day?

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ball-coach-arrests/1k5n2el7howse10l0a3cb57wdw

Any of us should live long enough to see the NCAA actually do A N Y T H I N G.

The only thing they've done this century is jump all in over a criminal matter that didn't involve one single student-athlete. And in fact they jeopardized the health and safety of student-athletes by reducing the number of allowable scholarships at a school that consistently had one of the best graduation rates in the country.

If I'm ever in a room with Emmert or Delany or Freeh, the manners my parents taught me will be immediately and seriously disregarded.

Let's see what the media does. I remember a guy (I think ESPN) saying that everybody cheats by paying athletes, doctoring grades, etc. but the JS case was much more serious.

My guess is that teams will be banned from the NCAA tournament for a year or two but I seriously doubt that their reputations will be dragged through the mud like PSU. A lot of these guys are little known scumbags so dragging their names down any further is not newsworthy. But dragging Paterno into the mud made for quite a story.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT