ADVERTISEMENT

Let's make a list.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Those who have eaten a shit sandwich since 2011 because they had it wrong about Penn State.

I'll start. mark emmert.

Those who have eaten a shit sandwich since 2011 because they had it wrong about Penn State.

I'll start. mark emmert.

Mark Emmert made his career on PSU and looking like a tough guy doing good things for people who were harmed.

Whether or not 300-400 people think he's a jerk... he doesn't care.

LdN

Reactions: FHSPSU67
At this point, I'm not sure who had it right and by default everyone has it partially wrong. I'll admit that things certainly have gone down differently than I predicted. I now am unsure as to what is the real story is when Corman folded, CS folded, Spanier didn't mount a defense, Paternos folded, the A9 folded, Zig hasn't been correct (although I'm sure he will say he is), Ray has been wrong, TSM escapes scrutiny, and it seems like everyone is a victim and they can't be questioned. The only thing I'm certain of is that there have been few winners in this whole sordid affair, maybe Freeh and Ganim, but I'm not even sure Freeh came out of this unscathed. Even the prosecutors like Fina have not come out of this better off.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Angelo Cataldi and the entire WIP hosts and the Phanatic 97.5... on a positive note normally I don't like seeing people lose jobs but I saw Rob Ellis was canned at 97.5 the other day. Couldn't happen to a better deserving person. He ripped Joe non stop and even when proven wrong with facts still wouldn't shut up. He smooth talked Jay when in the studio and as soon as Jay left the studio ripped him saying he was oblivious to the facts and just a kid trying to protect his guilty father... once Cataldi and Morganti are gone when their next contract is up there will be no one left on philly sports radio who take continuous cheap shots at Joe and PSU all
In the name of ratings and get the PSU base upset and call in screaming

I have to say that I've had it right almost from the get go.

Everyone suspected or knew, everyone wanted the next guy to handle it, and simply compartmentalized it out of their lives.

Then, people being the absolute princes they are, everyone rushed to the microphone to be "more outraged and offended" than the next guy, so they could virtue signal and at the same time, deflect any potential accusation of "pedophile enabler".

Put on top of that the debate ender, "What about the children? Don't you care about the poor children?" and no one was willing to talk honestly.

The truth is simple - the only real criminal is JS. Everyone else is just human (certainly not monsters or bad people) who could have (but were, at least as far as I'm concerned, under no obligation to) done more.

One side circus is the ridiculous attitude Surma apparently holds toward paterno because Paterno wasn't able to work "conversion therapy" on his relative. Insane.

If we are giving 1/2 way honest answers, No One.

The Penn State Board of Trustees UNANIMOUSLY verified that the NCAA - and Emmert - acted in good faith. An event that PSU fans CELEBRATED because it allowed them to shout 409.

Curley and Schultz are in prison, after PLEADING Guilty.

Spanier was found Guilty and is hoping for an appeal.

The representatives selected by Penn State's Alumni, who promised to debunk the Freeh Report, have not said one word in 20 months. Literally.

The Penn State Board of Trustees - with no opposition - has just turned over the control of the University to a drug-dealing, ex-con.

Delusions regarding what we want to believe transpired, are not productive.

The only folks who have dined on "shit sandwich"?

I think we know who cleaned up their plate in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT