ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh Forum

Hey Nitt, I actually enjoyed the back and forth.... honestly, don't disagree all that much with the fact that the Lehigh wrestlers came to scrap.. I was impressed by the majority of them....the raw talent is what blew the match open... not the effort..... Certainly don't think anybody "gassed" from PSU, other than Rasheed.... - sorry, are you implying something in there specifically?

Hey Nitt, I actually enjoyed the back and forth.... honestly, don't disagree all that much with the fact that the Lehigh wrestlers came to scrap.. I was impressed by the majority of them....the raw talent is what blew the match open... not the effort..... Certainly don't think anybody "gassed" from PSU, other than Rasheed.... - sorry, are you implying something in there specifically?
The stuff about Zain and the refusal to acknowledge the video evidence. You have to read all 3 pages.

sounds like good fans. I don't have issues with my wrestlers being gassed at the end of the match. Means they kicked butt during and left it all out there. Gassed before the 3rd is a different scenario.

In Nickals defense, looked like he got hit below the belt....and this caused him to slow down. Since it was near the end of the match, he finished it up without taking any time.

I read the posts in the thread as a typical Lehigh self congratulatory party for their excellant efforts.
As a team they still wrestle in reverse, a style that simply annoys me. They are stuck behind Cornell in recruiting and development, and I really wish they would take that step forward towards the elite. Not be so freaking self congratulatory for good efforts and their place as one of the better programs capable of finishing top 10 every now and then. How about expecting great efforts that constantly challenge for a spot at the elite table.

I guess I was pretty impressed with their efforts. Unlike most of the teams we wrestle, Lehigh actually showed up to wrestle instead of run. I do think, if I'm objective, that there were several of their wrestlers who looked to be in better shape than ours. That surprised me as I really didn't expect that to be the case. Even Zain looked pretty tired to me.

In terms of what was written on their forum, eh, typical fans stuff that didn't see so bad.

...as former coach Charlie Speidel often stated...."I would much rather look worn out - and WIN - than look glorious in defeat"...

I guess I was pretty impressed with their efforts. Unlike most of the teams we wrestle, Lehigh actually showed up to wrestle instead of run. I do think, if I'm objective, that there were several of their wrestlers who looked to be in better shape than ours. That surprised me as I really didn't expect that to be the case. Even Zain looked pretty tired to me.

In terms of what was written on their forum, eh, typical fans stuff that didn't see so bad.
Zain appear a bit tired at the end. Whether or not Bo took a knee to the groin I do not know, but yeah bo looked a bit tired.
I know the duals are snap shots of where everybody is as far as the training curve on the way to the post season.
In a week that had the staff driving the training hard zain and Bo appeared a bit tired wrestling a couple capable kids and yet won by 8. Just my 2 cents, not a bad snap shot.

Reactions: psuflyguy
Bo got hit in the groin 100%, I was surprised the announcers never mentioned it. He was holding his junk and grimacing out of bounds toward the end. Despite that and being tired he continued to shoot up until the whistle if I recall.

It wasn't amusing. It wasn't actually anything. I don't put much stock in what a Lehigh fan has to say. They have the worst fans I've witnessed in wrestling.

They have some wrestlers, though.

Bo got hit in the groin 100%, I was surprised the announcers never mentioned it. He was holding his junk and grimacing out of bounds toward the end. Despite that and being tired he continued to shoot up until the whistle if I recall.
I think Bo's opponents have watched this video:

If any of them were the dudes obnoxiously screaming "STALLING!" after every whistle, I greatly dislike them.

Listening to that dual put them right up there with Iowa, for me, and I'm from Minnesota.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT