ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas Raider Henry Ruggs in serious trouble...

That was pretty stupid of him, and what happened is terrible. But I have to wonder how fast he was going and what the cause of death was. The 2013-2018 RAV4 is being investigated for a fire problem. If the woman died because of the fire he may not have been solely responsible.
Not solely but rear ending her car may have caused the whole thing. I would imagine the defense would be using the issues with the RAV4 to "soften" his penalties.

Not solely but rear ending her car may have caused the whole thing. I would imagine the defense would be using the issues with the RAV4 to "soften" his penalties.
That's if they played a role at all. I'm also surprised a late model Corvette doesn't have some type of automatic braking that would have avoided this.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
That was pretty stupid of him, and what happened is terrible. But I have to wonder how fast he was going and what the cause of death was. The 2013-2018 RAV4 is being investigated for a fire problem. If the woman died because of the fire he may not have been solely responsible.
I read a news report that stated the impact of the rear end collision trapped the woman driving the Toyota Rav-4, and her dog, inside the car. If that is accurate, I hope she and the dog were killed by the impact before the smoke and fire got to them. Just horrible. I didn't read anything about Ruggs going 150 mph, but more facts will undoubtedly surface soon. It appears to me that he is facing some meaningful jail time.

I read a news report that stated the impact of the rear end collision trapped the woman driving the Toyota Rav-4, and her dog, inside the car. If that is accurate, I hope she and the dog were killed by the impact before the smoke and fire got to them. Just horrible. I didn't read anything about Ruggs going 150 mph, but more facts will undoubtedly surface soon. It appears to me that he is facing some meaningful jail time.
just hit the media....156 mph while drunk. nice

• Angry
Reactions: BBrown
Abd some girl got into a car with him? And she survived also?
yes....I just hate to see that, to be honest. Guy did something really stupid and killed someone. His intent wasn't to hurt anyone but here we are...one more life ruined. I know I did a lot of dumb things at his age. And if I had his money, would have done a lot more dumb things. Just lucky nobody ever got seriously hurt.

I recall driving at 89mpg in my push button automatic 1964 Pymoth valient on banana skin tires in the rain. I was never a big drinker but I know of several times when I drank and drove. I am mindful of friends that would brag about being so drunk that they couldn't see. One of the gals that I took out in college got killed just outside the school's area by a drunk driver in WVa.

Just a horrible situation all around.

yes....I just hate to see that, to be honest. Guy did something really stupid and killed someone. His intent wasn't to hurt anyone but here we are...one more life ruined. I know I did a lot of dumb things at his age. And if I had his money, would have done a lot more dumb things. Just lucky nobody ever got seriously hurt.

I recall driving at 89mpg in my push button automatic 1964 Pymoth valient on banana skin tires in the rain. I was never a big drinker but I know of several times when I drank and drove. I am mindful of friends that would brag about being so drunk that they couldn't see. One of the gals that I took out in college got killed just outside the school's area by a drunk driver in WVa.

Just a horrible situation all around.

When I was 18, I remember driving home drunk enough that when I turned my head it was a blur. My family was supposed to pick me up at the train station and just never showed, it was freezing that night so I went for it.

Ridiculously stupid of me and I am extremely lucky nothing happened. I obviously would never ever ever do that again.

That being said, that was 1998, this is 2021 and there are so many other options. How dumb or arrogant can you get. Even when I was doing that at 18 I knew it was wrong. Nowadays, in Vegas, he could get a super luxury ride home. What could he, or his girlfriend who didn’t stop him have been thinking.

What a complete waste. So sad all around.

Last edited:
When I was 18, I remember driving home drunk enough that when I turned my head it was a blur. My family was supposed to pick me up at the train station and just never showed, it was freezing that night so I went for it.

Ridiculously stupid of me and I am extremely lucky nothing happened. I obviously would never ever ever do that again.

That being said, that was 1998, this is 2022 and there are so many other options. How dumb or arrogant can you get. Even when I was doing that at 18 I knew it was wrong. Nowadays, in Vegas, he could get a super luxury ride home. What could he, or his girlfriend who didn’t stop him have been thinking.

What a complete waste. So sad all around.

Yep, have a friend that drove home with his driver side door open so he could keep an eye on the painted center line on the highway. He regrets that now but we laughed and laughed at that. I also dragged a friend off the train tracks. We got home from a club and realized 'Fuzzy' was missing. As the only non-drinker, I retraced our steps and found that he sat on the train track and then passed out. This all happened about an hour before the Amtrack came through at 45 mph at 2am every night. crazy times.

“Former #Raiders WR Henry Ruggs is accused of driving 156 mph seconds before the crash. He was at 127mph when airbags deployed. His blood alcohol level was .161, which is more than twice the legal limit. A loaded gun was also found in the car.”

Friend told me that the NFLPA has a program where any player can call for a ride at any time, no questions asked... Guess with the girl and the gun he didnt want anyone to mess it up...

He should face the death penalty imho for what he did. No different than murdering someone with a loaded gun.

Friend told me that the NFLPA has a program where any player can call for a ride at any time, no questions asked... Guess with the girl and the gun he didnt want anyone to mess it up...
He was doing 156 to impress the woman. Adrenalin is a great aphrodisiac. Can’t get that in a Uber.....

They weren’t dead after impact according to what I just read. Would be rescuers heard screams but could not get to her because of the flames and smoke

They weren’t dead after impact according to what I just read. Would be rescuers heard screams but could not get to her because of the flames and smoke
you would think 2nd degree murder might be on the table with the evidence that has come out so far. drunk and going 150+ mph goes beyond reckless.

Reactions: blmr31
Wow. If true he's probably looking at the max sentence or close. Automatic brakíng isn't available on the Corvette yet, by the way.
The judge said in all his years on the bench, he can’t recall a case involving this high rate of speed. Ruggs is going away forever.

That's if they played a role at all. I'm also surprised a late model Corvette doesn't have some type of automatic braking that would have avoided this.

Automatic braking wouldn’t do shit at 156 mph.

A lot of the electric nannies aren’t popular in sports cars. I’ve considered coding it out in my car. I’ve had auto braking engage accidentally more times (many) than times i needed it (never) because of how low my car is. It’s always a situation pulling onto a roadway at a different angle and the sensors pick up the roadway as an obstacle and brake. ****ing hate it. /rant

The new vettes do have cameras depending on how they’re optioned so odds are the entire thing is recorded.

Reactions: bison13 and BBrown
Automatic braking wouldn’t do shit at 156 mph.

A lot of the electric nannies aren’t popular in sports cars. I’ve considered coding it out in my car. I’ve had auto braking engage accidentally more times (many) than times i needed it (never) because of how low my car is. It’s always a situation pulling onto a roadway at a different angle and the sensors pick up the roadway as an obstacle and brake. ****ing hate it. /rant

The new vettes do have cameras depending on how they’re optioned so odds are the entire thing is recorded.
Yeah, those cameras are great for recording things. They are also the worst thing because....they record things.

Yeah, those cameras are great for recording things. They are also the worst thing because....they record things.

First thing I install in any new car is a dash cam. Too many bad drivers and people who become absolute psychopaths once they’re behind the wheel. Thankfully haven’t needed it but have had a few close calls where I would have.

The second thing I do after installing it is disable the gps that puts the speed Im traveling into the video.

Reactions: bison13 and BBrown
First thing I install in any new car is a dash cam. Too many bad drivers and people who become absolute psychopaths once they’re behind the wheel. Thankfully haven’t needed it but have had a few close calls where I would have.

The second thing I do after installing it is disable the gps that puts the speed Im traveling into the video.
I have a dash cam (front and back) in my car. Have not had to use it yet, but I got cut off this AM and the dashcam would have come in handy if/when the guy would have argued he did nothing wrong.

The downside is that the dashcam also videoed when I went the wrong way down an active one way street (North 8th Street in Philly) a while back. Thankfully, only a 48 hour window before the dashcam wipes itself clean.

I have a dash cam (front and back) in my car. Have not had to use it yet, but I got cut off this AM and the dashcam would have come in handy if/when the guy would have argued he did nothing wrong.

The downside is that the dashcam also videoed when I went the wrong way down an active one way street (North 8th Street in Philly) a while back. Thankfully, only a 48 hour window before the dashcam wipes itself clean.

If you’d gotten into an accident going the wrong way on a one way they wouldn’t need your dashcam footage to know who was at fault :)

Nick Saban with the We are praying for Ruggs.
Listening to him and Carr you would think the poor girl was drunk and hit him at 150MPH.

I don't know if any of you have seen the video taken on a camera phone post-accident, but it is disturbing as hell. I don't know how this guy lives with himself, inside a jail cell or not, for the rest of his life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT