ADVERTISEMENT

Lambert Smith is gone

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
Moving on. Inside sources confirm. So next year it looks like we make do with what's left.

Andre Greene is coming but he is not an upgrade.

I'll wait to hear from better sources but is anyone going to be sad about losing anyone from our WR room? Everyone in that room is highly replaceable based on what we saw this year. Rumors of disfunction in the room in the meetings and classroom only cement that opinion.

I don't agree with all of psubiomeds opinions and editorializations, but from a strictly reporting stand point, I've found him to be reliable. That said, I think a refresh in that room is fine, KLS is hardly irreplaceable. He had a lot of consistency issues in his career and this year just sort of become the Alpha with attrition, but I think he is a very average receiver. There are WRs in that room I can't even make a determination on because they haven't got much run. Get a couple transfers, let guys earn it, let's see what we have.

At the start of the Michigan game in Happy Valley 3 years ago we had the ball deep in our own territory. Wind was howling. Cold as heck. Snow flurries had just ripped through.

In what appeared to be a running situation, KLS lined up in the slot and Clifford threw a very catchable ball down the seam. Should have gone for an 90 yard TD ....IF HE DIDN'T DROP IT.

From quite literally the LAST ROW OF THE UPPER DECK above the Club section in the South endzone I lost my mind! Kid ended up making many plays over the years but also botching more than his fair share too.

There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure he has his. What isn't in dispute is that he had more than enough of an opportunity, and while he was a strong contributor, he never elevated to the lead role.

Maybe he will find it in his next stop? Wish him well. He should have a diploma by now. IF not- that is on him. Just the way it is....

Moving on. Inside sources confirm. So next year it looks like we make do with what's left.

If true, KLS would not be considered as a loss. I wish him well.

Now your comment about Andre Greene leaves me extremely worried. Penn State can’t afford like-for-like WR replacements from the portal and expect to defeat teams like Ohio State next year. WR upgrades are a must, not an option. Allar needs real WR weapons, not more blue-collar, slow, possession type guys.

Reactions: Psubiomed
If true, KLS would not be considered as a loss. I wish him well.

Now your comment about Andre Greene leaves me extremely worried. Penn State can’t afford like-for-like WR replacements from the portal and expect to defeat teams like Ohio State next year. WR upgrades are a must, not an option. Allar needs real WR weapons, not more blue-collar, slow, possession type guys.

Which receiver in the portal will put psU ahead of osu?

If we use last year as an example, there were several WRs who would have been major upgrades and positioned Penn State to defeat Ohio State and Michigan. Time will tell. The best players have yet to hit the portal. I say Penn State should wait it out for the next month or two. There is no need to take tier 2 average WRs simply because they are the first options in the portal.

I don’t know if I should be happy or sad. During 2023 he was the best and clearly the most reliable wide receiver we had. Or was that just being the tallest midget?
He was a locker room cancer who dogged it on patterns and sulked when he didn't get the ball. He also missed practices and meetings along with 3 or 4 others.

They're better without him even if they only get Greene.

If we use last year as an example, there were several WRs who would have been major upgrades and positioned Penn State to defeat Ohio State and Michigan. Time will tell. The best players have yet to hit the portal. I say Penn State should wait it out for the next month or two. There is no need to take tier 2 average WRs simply because they are the first options in the portal.
Kaden Prather and Jimmy Horn.

Reactions: blair10
London Humphreys and Deion Burks.

But they ain't coming here and never were. We are securing a 2 catch receiver whose team lost at home to Virginia 😂

But they ain't coming here and never were. We are securing a 2 catch receiver whose team lost at home to Virginia 😂
What is the latest on Fleming? Apparently he is visiting Nebraska now. Does he really want to go play for a losing program tho?

Did they put their last schools ahead? Are they better than Marvin Harrison?

Both were 3*s coming out of HS.

Gone where? Portal? I can't imagine him as an NFL draft pick.

My question is, if he’s such a cancer and unhappy why hasn’t he left for the portal or Franklin dumped him? A trip to Atlanta in late December can’t be that big of a draw if all this stuff is correct.

I'll wait to hear from better sources but is anyone going to be sad about losing anyone from our WR room? Everyone in that room is highly replaceable based on what we saw this year. Rumors of disfunction in the room in the meetings and classroom only cement that opinion.
KLS was the best we had so I'm sad to see him go. He was Allar's #1 target until he virtually disappeared. Something makes me think he was in the dog house and he didn't take it well.

What I remember about KLS is him getting a really stupid personal foul penalty that could have lost us a game this year against a better opponent. I hope he does well wherever he ends up next year, but Penn State needs better players at the WR position than KLS.

Hopefully Kotelnicki can scheme any ham sandwich open. I do like his creativity.
😂 At the current rate of fail in the portal he's gonna have to...right now our starting 3 would be injury prone Wallace, a guy who can't learn the plays, and ANOTHER guy from North Carolina who had 4 total catches and, wait for it....ALSO HAD TROUBLE LEARNING A PLAYBOOK.

So, yeah, right now Andy has his work cut out for him.

😂 At the current rate of fail in the portal he's gonna have to...right now our starting 3 would be injury prone Wallace, a guy who can't learn the plays, and ANOTHER guy from North Carolina who had 4 total catches and, wait for it....ALSO HAD TROUBLE LEARNING A PLAYBOOK.

This is the current wide receiver room that you stated 42 times is a cancer but now that defections are happening, it’s the end of the world? Help me understand please.

He also has Omari Evans and Kaden Saunders. RS freshman Ivey was highly rated. Hopefully we can supplement that in the portal.

What is the latest on Fleming? Apparently he is visiting Nebraska now. Does he really want to go play for a losing program tho?
No idea what Fleming is doing but I highly doubt Penn State is on his radar. PSU is a lightening rod for local kids.... either you love it, embrace it and want to be part of it (ala Pribula) OR you can't stand it, want to get away from it and do whatever you can to defeat it... The later is Fleming.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
He got his framed jersey at the season end banquet. That's kinda the bat signal.
Unless he goes back on it and changes his mind, but I feel like the staff is encouraging him to move on with his life's work. That room was diseased and he was the main reason.

He was a locker room cancer who dogged it on patterns and sulked when he didn't get the ball. He also missed practices and meetings along with 3 or 4 others.

They're better without him even if they only get Greene.
Again, you said before that KLS WASN'T one of the locker room problems even though I think most suspected that he was.

If he was a cancer why was he playing? That’s a reflection on the coaches. To allow that to fester or ignore it is malpractice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT