ADVERTISEMENT

KYPSW, wrestling media edition

Willie: Iowa 18-17
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Well regardless of the who, what, where, and when of predictions and prognostications:

The whole match hinges on our 4 still 'arguably' unproven newcomers. Beau, SVN, Levi and Alex.

Sure 0-4 is an unlikely possibility, but most sane connoiseurs of our sport should see a 2-2 most likely which should guarantee the match, short some crazy bonus scenarios. I lean 3-1, while if Iowa comes in our house tight and nervous from TnTs relentless no fun approach, 4-0 is not an absurdity.

Their performance in this dual still may have little bearing on how far they go in March, as each remains on their early career, mid-season upward trajectory.

Why would anyone think Cael's success with these 4 is less than countless 'waves' in the past (Willie?).

Then again this prediction is curiously un-Willie like.

I am seeing a vision of a two men sitting in a dark corner of a pub somewhere whispering over a beer. One says to the other, these young guns are a little too over confident at this stage in their development. They are starting to believe their own headlines. I need them mentally heading into the Iowa match as underdogs. The smaller bald man says to the larger, 'consider it done my good friend'.

Reminds me of negging a girl one has eyes for, so not to appear too desperate and to protect one's own low self-esteem.
he is doing it to gain extra credibility points in case it happens (Iowa wins)... he'll say he called it. If PSU wins he is covered by the tossup discussions...

Well regardless of the who, what, where, and when of predictions and prognostications:

The whole match hinges on our 4 still 'arguably' unproven newcomers. Beau, SVN, Levi and Alex.

Sure 0-4 is an unlikely possibility, but most sane connoiseurs of our sport should see a 2-2 most likely which should guarantee the match, short some crazy bonus scenarios. I lean 3-1, while if Iowa comes in our house tight and nervous from TnTs relentless no fun approach, 4-0 is not an absurdity.

Their performance in this dual still may have little bearing on how far they go in March, as each remains on their early career, mid-season upward trajectory.

Why would anyone think Cael's success with these 4 is less than countless 'waves' in the past (Willie?).

Then again this prediction is curiously un-Willie like.

I am seeing a vision of a two men sitting in a dark corner of a pub somewhere whispering over a beer. One says to the other, these young guns are a little too over confident at this stage in their development. They are starting to believe their own headlines. I need them mentally heading into the Iowa match as underdogs. The smaller bald man says to the larger, 'consider it done my good friend'.
Just guessing, but TnT believe they should win and they understand to do so they need to wrestle their best.
I expect both teams to wrestle hard as and sharp as nails. From a pure entertainment standpoint this match should be fun. From a PSU wrestling fan standpoint I believe it will be more fun than an Iowa wrestling fan's standpoint, but neither side will be disappointed by their team's effort.

Reactions: slushhead
Hey Madden,
I heard a joke today that I am sure others have already heard, but just in case you missed it.

What do you call 53 Texas millionaires sitting around together watching the Super Bowl.

The Dallas Cowboys🤠!!!

From a PSU wrestling fan standpoint I believe it will be more fun than an Iowa wrestling fan's standpoint, but neither side will be disappointed by their team's effort.
Maybe you wrote this tongue-in-cheek, but I think there's a 99.9% chance there will be fans from both sides who will be disappointed about the effort and performance of at least one of their team's wrestlers. Like Thanos, it's inevitable.

Reactions: nitlion6
Simply…or not so simply…we need 6 wins tonight, with or without bonus. If it goes 6-4 in PSU’s favor, Iowa could pin 2 PSU guys and would still lose on tiebreakers.

That said, with Spencer’s somewhat guaranteed 6, if Iowa gets to 5 wins, it will be very difficult to offset his pin bonus. Even with 3 majors, PSU still loses. So if the heavy favorites all win (125, 133, 174, 184), PSU needs to split the other 6 to get the W.

Just guessing, but TnT believe they should win and they understand to do so they need to wrestle their best.
I expect both teams to wrestle hard as and sharp as nails. From a pure entertainment standpoint this match should be fun. From a PSU wrestling fan standpoint I believe it will be more fun than an Iowa wrestling fan's standpoint, but neither side will be disappointed by their team's effort.
It’s easier going in as the underdog in my opinion from a fan’s standpoint. I’m just loving what I see from Woods and Lee this year and some of our younger guys are showing decent promise.

Our 157 has been one of the more entertaining guys to watch this year because he’s really developed a lot and just lets it fly out there. He’s not going out there to “not get majored” which was what that weight class looked like before the season to me.

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT