ADVERTISEMENT

Koa- language barrier

WearePsu18

Oct 10, 2017
I haven't heard it mention, so I thought I would address the elephant in the room. He seems like a smart kid, so I'm wondering how his transition to the states has been as far as communication goes? Are we doing anything different like special playbooks or relying on signals more when he's in the game? I thought I saw him point to linemen a couple of times and defenses might catch on if he's pointing to where he's blitzing. The only time I've been out of the country is when I was shipped to Nam and I was as confused as a yankee learning to square dance. This could be the reason he hasn't quite played like we thought he would.

I haven't heard it mention, so I thought I would address the elephant in the room. He seems like a smart kid, so I'm wondering how his transition to the states has been as far as communication goes?

what?

are you talking about Koa Farmer?

I'm guessing so. Koa was born in California. He grew up in California. He speaks perfect English.

smh

I haven't heard it mention, so I thought I would address the elephant in the room. He seems like a smart kid, so I'm wondering how his transition to the states has been as far as communication goes? Are we doing anything different like special playbooks or relying on signals more when he's in the game? I thought I saw him point to linemen a couple of times and defenses might catch on if he's pointing to where he's blitzing. The only time I've been out of the country is when I was shipped to Nam and I was as confused as a yankee learning to square dance. This could be the reason he hasn't quite played like we thought he would.

what?

I'm guessing so. Koa was born in California. He grew up in California. He speaks perfect English.

smh
Isn't this almost word for word the same post that was made about Koa or somebody else on the team about a year ago?

Whether a troll attempt or an ignorant & uninformed Penn State fan, this takes the cake for dumbest post of 2017. Austinit-level stupidity on display.

Reactions: psu7113
The OP is on to something here.
Last year following the Iowa game, my son continued his tradition of going to the players' exit to see them as the come out. Some he will talk to, some he won't.
Koa was stopping to talk to people and stopped to talk to my son. After the conversation, my son said it was like when he watches Gilligan's Island on MeTV. It was like the natives when they would stumble onto the island and talk with the professor.
For sure, we understood very little of what Koa was saying! :rolleyes:

Holy Hannah, what a way to start the day.

OL

what?

smh

Did he grow up in the San Fernando area? Perhaps Valspeak is his first language.

go_sit_in_the_corner_dumbass_trucker_hat.jpg

Nice 1st post. And a piss poor attempt at flaming/stirring the pot. Idiot.

Pitt troll attempting to start racist thread. He probably linked it to the Lair. These Yinzers are so predictable.

As an aside, I was screaming at Koa to flip the ball to Barkley on the KO where he almost took it to the house.

Maybe he didn't because he couldn't understand me.:(

On a somewhat related note, I really liked Farmer as a return guy in 2015. I was a little surprised at how slow he looked returning that kick on Saturday. One might almost say he was lumbering. Guess bulking up to play LB cost him some speed.

I'll turn this into a cool Koa story, Was at an uplifting athletes event with my girls 3, and 2 at the time. A good bit of the team was there Koa and Amani were two guys that were very well spoken, polite, and worked great with all the kids that were there and it was a rainy dreary type day when they didn't have to be there. So to bust on Koa means that you're really just a douchebag.

giphy.gif

I was just in CA this past summer, I had no difficulty speaking the language.

There was almost an identical post about the freshman Bama QB from Hawaii earlier on the year that was making the rounds. Nice try OP.
OH, yeah. Now I remember. That is exactly right. The board over there had a field day, and it was linked here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT