ADVERTISEMENT

Know your enemy.... Pitt week, game thoughts, and link....

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
I did look in to the pitt game on ESPN live after PSU was finished pounding Akron. Their "5 star" QB is a statue back there. RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

The pitt OL looked weak, but will be bolstered by the return of Bookster (suspended 1 game for DU, crashing into parked cars, resisting arrest, and having to be arrested at gunpoint....), which I believe will also put their best Center back at Center.

Pitt has solid RB's. Their receivers did not show much, other than Henderson, who really is an an AA returner. PSU must not let Henderson take over the game for the pitt offense. Holding Henderson in check on returns, will I believe, eliminate the possibility of pitt scoring more than 20 points next week.

The pitt board was very critical of the CB and Safety that are playing because of their injuries and suspensions. The CB is very short and they were lamenting the matchup against a taller YSU receiver. Wonder how he will match up with JJ.....?

The pitt board is alive with criticism of their LB's, even more so than their sorry secondary. If that is the case PSU should be able to get some splash runs from Barkley & Co. I love the fact that PSU showed so many looks and formations against Akron. With so many inexperienced players on D, including first year 2 star players and suspensions, they would have their hands full with the base read options plays. Duzzy might have a heart attack just looking at film of PSU this week. That would be bad for us as it would be hard for the pitt athletic leadership to find a worse combination of mediocre game day coach and sorry recruiter.....

Link to an analysis of the pitt depth chart going into Fall practice....:

https://www.cardiachill.com/2017/7/17/15965646/pitt-football-depth-chart-acc-media-days

Thoughts??

Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt.
Compete, compete, compete, compete, compete, compete, compete.
Score, score, score, score, score, score, score.

49-7 sounds about right.

No injuries, 2-0, move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT