ADVERTISEMENT

Keaton Ellis being looked at for Safety

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
Read about the last practices with Ellis being looked at for Safety, and I really like it. Brisker seems like a thumper run defender and Ellis more of a ball hawk guy...... thought that maybe Ellis or perhaps Joey Porter Jr. would move to Safety and it appears that Ellis is who they are looking at......

It seems as if the South Carolina incoming transfer and the freshman Kalen King have given the coaches some position flexibility.......

The DBs this year have the potential to be a strength for PSU.....lets see how it plays out, but for the first time in a long time there is talent and there is depth.

As a former high school WR with good speed, he may be something they've missed at safety and give a boost to interception turnover potential.
Also, it seems there may be a log jam at corner with Porter and King, so giving him a shot at safety would help him and the team.
I hope it works out for him.

Read about the last practices with Ellis being looked at for Safety, and I really like it. Brisker seems like a thumper run defender and Ellis more of a ball hawk guy...... thought that maybe Ellis or perhaps Joey Porter Jr. would move to Safety and it appears that Ellis is who they are looking at......

It seems as if the South Carolina incoming transfer and the freshman Kalen King have given the coaches some position flexibility.......

The DBs this year have the potential to be a strength for PSU.....lets see how it plays out, but for the first time in a long time there is talent and there is depth.
The DBs will be OK if the the DL can pressure the QB.

As a former high school WR with good speed, he may be something they've missed at safety and give a boost to interception turnover potential.
Also, it seems there may be a log jam at corner with Porter and King, so giving him a shot at safety would help him and the team.
I hope it works out for him.

He played safety in high school, had 4 picks in one game I watched, I think 2 got called back for penalties, and 1 was a pick 6.

Reactions: brupsu
I originally thought they'd move Porter....but perhaps the need is for more of a "free safety" skill set?

Reactions: PSU Soupy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT