ADVERTISEMENT

Kathleen Kane subpoenaed to testify in lawmaker bribery case

step.eng69

Nov 7, 2012
North East PA, Backmountain area, age 72

Enlighten me O Board Wizards…can Kane be made to testify at this hearing given she has a trial pending concerning these same players and the leaking of information in the sting case?

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-kathleen-kane-bribery-case-20151210-story.html

The sting was led by ex-state prosecutor Frank Fina and ex-state agent Claude Thomas. After leaving the attorney general's office, they went to work for Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams.

Williams defended Fina and Thomas, and challenged Kane to send him the case file so he could prosecute it. He did. Three state lawmakers and a former city traffic court judge pleaded guilty to lesser charges that allowed them to keep their government pensions.

Bishop and Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown are fighting the charges in trial.

Bishop's defense lawyer, A. Charles Peruto Jr., has cited Kane's racism claims in an effort to get the case dismissed. Peruto also successfully petitioned Dauphin County Judge Scott A. Evans to force Fina and Thomas to testify. The duo are scheduled to testify Wednesday.

In response, Williams' office subpoenaed Kane and Bruce Beemer, first deputy attorney general. If Kane is forced to testify, the hearing would represent a showdown of sorts with Fina, with whom she has feuded.

He has played a central role in a lot of Kane's legal problems involving perjury charges in Montgomery County Court.

Reactions: Marshall30

Enlighten me O Board Wizards…can Kane be made to testify at this hearing given she has a trial pending concerning these same players and the leaking of information in the sting case?

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-kathleen-kane-bribery-case-20151210-story.html

The sting was led by ex-state prosecutor Frank Fina and ex-state agent Claude Thomas. After leaving the attorney general's office, they went to work for Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams.

Williams defended Fina and Thomas, and challenged Kane to send him the case file so he could prosecute it. He did. Three state lawmakers and a former city traffic court judge pleaded guilty to lesser charges that allowed them to keep their government pensions.

Bishop and Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown are fighting the charges in trial.

Bishop's defense lawyer, A. Charles Peruto Jr., has cited Kane's racism claims in an effort to get the case dismissed. Peruto also successfully petitioned Dauphin County Judge Scott A. Evans to force Fina and Thomas to testify. The duo are scheduled to testify Wednesday.

In response, Williams' office subpoenaed Kane and Bruce Beemer, first deputy attorney general. If Kane is forced to testify, the hearing would represent a showdown of sorts with Fina, with whom she has feuded.

He has played a central role in a lot of Kane's legal problems involving perjury charges in Montgomery County Court.

LOL.

This was Fina's "slam dunk" bribery case.
for those who like to "cut to the chase":
NO Bribery Convictions
NO Criminal Conspiracy Convictions.
NO loss of Pension.
NO Jail time

BUT, Fina and the boys did manage to provide immunity and absolve all charges against the guy who stole nearly 1/2 a million dollars - $430,000 - from a program to provide food to low income children and seniors.

THOSE CHARGED BY THE FINA BOYS (the gang who can't shoot - or talk - of behave - straight):

Ron Waters:

Charged with - Criminal Conspiracy and Bribery (among others)
Pled to - Conflict of Interest, Paid Court Costs and a $200 fine

The plea allowed Waters - age 65 - to retire and keep his pension

Harold James:

Pled to - Conflict of Interest, Paid Court Costs and a $100 fine

The plea allowed James - age 72 - to maintain his pension

Vanessa Lowery Brown:

Louise Bishop:

The cases against Bishop (age 81) are Brown are still winding through a set of motions (including the ones mentioned in the story linked by the OP)

Michelle Brownlee:

The case against Brownlee (age 59, who resigned her state house seat) appeared to have been settled this summer....when She and Seth Williams agreed on a plea to "Conflict of Interest" - whereby Brownlee would have to pay court costs (no fine, no jail).
But Brownlee had second thoughts, and withdrew her Conflict of Interest plea, and the case is winding its way through the courts (TTBOMK)

Can anyone NOT notice a pattern here with regard to Fina's "SLAM DUNK" cases?

TOGETHER, the 5 were accused of taking $17,250 (Waters $9,000, James $750, Brown $4,000, Brownlee $2,000, and Bishop $1,500) of illegal contributions.

They guy who got IMMUNITY from Seth and the boys - in return for his cooperation in the "sting"....Ali.....absconded with $430,000 of state funds intended to provide food for low-income children and seniors.

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

Last edited:
LOL.

This was Fina's "slam dunk" bribery case.
for those who like to "cut to the chase":
NO Bribery Convictions
NO Criminal Conspiracy Convictions.
NO loss of Pension.
NO Jail time

BUT, Fina and the boys did manage to provide immunity and absolve all charges against the guy who stole nearly 1/2 a million dollars - $430,000 - from a program to provide food to low income children and seniors.

THOSE CHARGED BY THE FINA BOYS (the gang who can't shoot - or talk - of behave - straight):

Ron Waters:

Pled to - Conflict of Interest, Paid Court Costs and a $200 fine

The plea allowed Waters - age 65 - to retire and keep his pension

Harold James:

Pled to - Conflict of Interest, Paid Court Costs and a $100 fine

The plea allowed James - age 72 - to maintain his pension

Vanessa Lowery Brown:

Louise Bishop:

The cases against Bishop (age 81) are Brown are still winding through a set of motions (including the ones mentioned in the story linked by the OP)

Michelle Brownlee:

The case against Brownlee (age 59, who resigned her state house seat) appeared to have been settled this summer....when She and Seth Williams agreed on a plea to "Conflict of Interest" - whereby Brownlee would have to pay court costs (no fine, no jail).
But Brownlee had second thoughts, and withdrew her Conflict of Interest plea, and the case is winding its way through the courts (TTBOMK)

Can anyone NOT notice a pattern here with regard to Fina's "SLAM DUNK" cases?

TOGETHER, the 5 were accused of taking $17,250 (Waters $9,000, James $750, Brown $4,000, Brownlee $2,000, and Bishop $1,500) of illegal contributions.

They guy who got IMMUNITY from Seth and the boys - in return for his cooperation in the "sting"....Ali.....absconded with $430,000 of state funds intended to provide food for low-income children and seniors.

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

Thank you StinkStankStunk, I know all of that you speak, but never outlined the cases and convictions as nicely as you. Your comment style reminds me of one that supposedly blew a gasket several weeks ago.

Providing you allow, I will copy you and your handle and email in response to the afternoon WILK Corbett show. I’m sure he’ll be all over the Kane subpoena and spit his own version of poison to his audience about Kane not prosecuting the cases.

Step

Thank you StinkStankStunk, I know all of that you speak, but never outlined the cases and convictions as nicely as you. Your comment style reminds me of one that supposedly blew a gasket several weeks ago.

Providing you allow, I will copy you and your handle and email in response to the afternoon WILK Corbett show. I’m sure he’ll be all over the Kane subpoena and spit his own version of poison to his audience about Kane not prosecuting the cases.

Step
Sure Eng69. No problem. You can use my name - Barry Fenchak - no need to remain "handle anonymous" (as far as I am concerned)

Contrary to what some may think.....my engine is running fine

th

Reactions: step.eng69
Strange how Kane can be guilty of supposedly the same thing Corbett did, along with the perverse, corrupt judiciary, and she is the only one being drilled.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT