ADVERTISEMENT

Kanye Clary staying with PSU Basketball

Good news.

Hopefully Njie and Mahaffey stay as well.

Mahaffey is long and athletic and fits how Rhoades like to play.

And for his limited offense last season Njie can run the floor and will be a defensive force at 6'10" as he matures as a BB player. 6'10" players are hard to find, and you can't coach up a 6'7 player to be 6'10".....

Last edited:
Mahaffey especially would be a one I'm really hoping we can keep.
For sure!!!
Good news.

Hopefully Njie and Mahaffey stay as well.

Mahaffey is long and athletic and fits how Rhoades like to play.

And for his limited offense last season Njie can run the floor and will be a defensive force at 6'10" as he matures as a BB players.
I read an article on line that Njie has been contacted by Indiana, ND, Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, and Nevada.

Deloach visiting this weekend is most important.
Deloach and Njie would make a very athletic Center duo that with Deloach's skills could also play together and line up size wise with the best B10 teams.

But it would not be surprising to see Njie follow Shrew to ND.

Deloach and Njie would make a very athletic Center duo that with Deloach's skills could also play together and line up size wise with the best B10 teams.

But it would not be surprising to see Njie follow Shrew to ND.
Njie is from Indiana so that's not in our favor. On the other hand he would probably have less competition for PT at PSU.

I'm not sure where PSU goes for a big man if we lose Njie, Booth, and Deloach.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Njie is from Indiana so that's not in our favor. On the other hand he would probably have less competition for PT at PSU.

Yes, that will be an issue for Rhoades to address and solve. I really hope we can keep or get at least one of these guys.

Yes, that will be an issue for Rhoades to address and solve. I really hope we can keep or get at least one of these guys.
Although "hope" is not a business plan, we should have some confidence that Rhoades will put a roster together with some size. Rhoades did a great job of putting a very athletic team with good size on the court at VCU.

His VCU players seem to love him and although I kind of feel sorry for VCU I'd be surprised if Rhoades didn't bring Deloach to PSU. Booth seems like a long shot at this point, and with Njie being a Shrew recruit as well as from Indiana as you pointed out he could be a less than 50/50 PSU lean as well. I guess we'll see what kind of recruiter that Rhoades is pretty shortly.

But after this first wave of decisions Rhoades will still have time to add a couple more new portal players.

Since Kebba was our 2nd highest ever recruit, and he committed to Shrew we should assume he is gone if he can meet ND's fabled Admissions Standards.

I was wondering if Kebba may struggle there and researched his high school- La Lumiere- in LaPorte, IN as I've seen them on TV but didn't know anything about it. Kebba is from near Columbus, OH and spent his last 2 years boarding.

I always assumed it was a hoops factory without much academics. However it seems more like the Boarding/ Day Schools around Philly like Westtown that have top end educational programs and then scholarship athletes to enhance their sports teams/profiles. Supposedly top rated Catholic school in the state. Couple with that that Kebbas older brother played at SMU, it is likely that the parents made sure the boys' academics are in order.

It would be great if he stayed but if ND is an option he is gone, and if Miami overpays NIL, he'll be gone there too. He never chose "us" in the first place.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT