ADVERTISEMENT

Kaden Saunders puts the fans on notice.

Fair but he's, what, 20? They see social media differently than I do. And probably you do
Right, but Keandre and Kaden are proving Seider's point with his comments about maturity and needing to grow up. Clearly those guys listen to outside noise and aren't mature. Not every football player falls into that boat where they need to belittle fans who are critical, but those that do, probably are part of a position struggle. Hence the WRs.

Right, but Keandre and Kaden are proving Seider's point with his comments about maturity and needing to grow up. Clearly those guys listen to outside noise and aren't mature. Not every football player falls into that boat where they need to belittle fans who are critical, but those that do, probably are part of a position struggle. Hence the WRs.
I haven't seen the KLS post but what supposed was said was way worse than this one. I really didn't think it was that bad.

I get the frustration though especially with how poor they've been

He didn’t put anyone on notice with this stupid, unnecessary tweet that he shouldn’t have tweeted in the first place. Time to step up to your 4 star billing sir. You haven’t done so yet. Not even close.

Reactions: psu00 and scrivener
Rip likes this post even when he doesn't think there are any problems with the receivers
What have you couch wussies done other than crying, whining, kicking and pouting on social media?

Have you even called the Nittany NIL tools and told them to get competitive or just shutdown. Do you think the play calling ritual and ignoring the run game contribute to the passing game woes...
Did the wide open receivers throw uncatchable passes.

This offense and program right now have many ills. The wideouts are just the whipping boy du jour! Nothing short of a program wide thorough look at itself and a realistic reset will fix this.
It seems several factors @ play here:
-Yurcich offensive scheme didn't seem to help WRs get into open space.
-Allars accuracy problems contributed
-Reading the Seider quote, the WRs were apparently not dedicated enough to their "craft"

One observation I have is that we rarely saw a jet sweep or reverses to get a kid like Saunders on the move so he can use his speed and get to open space. Would it be because the OL and others were unable to block for those type of plays, or was Yurcich not willing to put those in a game plan?

Last edited:
Ah yes 65 years and counting. Some fans’ favorite player is always the back up QB. I thought Pribula did a great job of throwing that lateral to Allar 10 yards over his head and 5 yards wide.
but he did a decent job on that pass to singleton for a TD

Reactions: 81b&w
Saunders' comments on Twitter about how the room has more than enough talent implies that he is throwing the QB and/or coaching under the bus. Or, (and he probably doesn't realize this), confirms that they clearly don't put in the work. If they really have enough talent, then something is amiss.

But, just like JF, lots of hot air and words from this program, very little substance.

I understand why Seider says this, it's the right thing to say. You certainly don't admit to the world that your wideout room doesn't have enough talent to be competitive.

But it's really just demonstrably wrong. The PSU wideout room doesn't have size, doesn't have speed, and most importantly doesn't have ball skills. They have recruited some 4 stars who were great high school players but don't have the size, given their speed, to be successful at this level. Maybe because of the constant coaching turnover, they are just way behind other top 25-30 programs in wideout recruiting. And once your wideout room stinks, then that becomes another drag on recruiting.

Not that wideouts are the only problem. A good quarterback could have made a relatively productive passing game this year but Allar just lost confidence and his throwing became (and may have been from the beginning) wildly inconsistent. He can sometimes make a brilliant throw 30 yards downfield but he can't even throw short crossing routes (let alone throws to the backs) consistently.
Ghost of Christian H....

When you aren't player led, it shows. That WR room, obviously, has less than zero leadership.

Meanwhile, a guy like Curtis Jacobs, who was typically polite, and well spoken in interviews, conveys a true appreciation for Penn State. It's no wonder he was a good player who didn't seem to be a problem.

But, the offense seems to lack leaders all over the place and just don't appear to be a self-aware and likable group.
And as a young player Jacobs got trucked by an Iowa Fullback who swatted him like a gnat.

Curtis took a ton of heat on this Board- deservedly so. BUT instead of Tweeting/Xing/ or whatever the hell it is called today- he went to work and lived up to his recruiting ranking.

THAT is Leadership.

WR room can learn from lbs

What have you couch wussies done other than crying, whining, kicking and pouting on social media?

Have you even called the Nittany NIL tools and told them to get competitive or just shutdown. Do you think the play calling ritual and ignoring the run game contribute to the passing game woes...
Did the wide open receivers throw uncatchable passes.

This offense and program right now have many ills. The wideouts are just the whipping boy du jour! Nothing short of a program wide thorough look at itself and a realistic reset will fix this.
Allar was #1 rated QB coming out of high school…at minim one of very top QBs. Yet we can not get a completion to WR until 4Q.

How does anything on Social Media have anything to do with this?

Last edited:
Saunders' comments on Twitter about how the room has more than enough talent implies that he is throwing the QB and/or coaching under the bus. Or, (and he probably doesn't realize this), confirms that they clearly don't put in the work. If they really have enough talent, then something is amiss.

But, just like JF, lots of hot air and words from this program, very little substance.
The players are a direct reflection of their leadership. But, what do I know…..

After a game like that, it’s better to shut up and perform rather than run your mouth. The receivers, frankly, did nothing yesterday and most of the year. True, Allar and coaching issues are problems as well but it’s not like the receivers really stood up this year and were undercut by everyone else.

I’m beginning to wonder if there’s a real lack of leadership/ cancer (whatever you want to call it) in the program from the coaching staff. The whole drop everything for Yurcich and then fire him was odd. He was THE offensive coordinator genius and then suddenly a problem who didn’t get along with Franklin and fired. We heard rumors that some receivers were late or not attending meetings during the year. If true, how is that allowed to continue? Now we’ve seen reports of Franklin negotiating playing time in the bowl game with player’s parents. It seems a lot like the tail is wagging the dog at PSU.

Kaden Saunders is a slacker. The fact that he can’t get playing time in a weak WR group shows that he is not putting in the work. And the fact that he is engaging with the public during the public”s distaste of the WR group shows maturity issues.

Reactions: hoflane
After a game like that, it’s better to shut up and perform rather than run your mouth. The receivers, frankly, did nothing yesterday and most of the year. True, Allar and coaching issues are problems as well but it’s not like the receivers really stood up this year and were undercut by everyone else.

I’m beginning to wonder if there’s a real lack of leadership/ cancer (whatever you want to call it) in the program from the coaching staff. The whole drop everything for Yurcich and then fire him was odd. He was THE offensive coordinator genius and then suddenly a problem who didn’t get along with Franklin and fired. We heard rumors that some receivers were late or not attending meetings during the year. If true, how is that allowed to continue? Now we’ve seen reports of Franklin negotiating playing time in the bowl game with player’s parents. It seems a lot like the tail is wagging the dog at PSU.
Uh oh.

I said two years ago when everybody was so stoked about getting Allar, the fact that Ohio State didn't give him much attention told me everything I need to know about the kid. Moreover, it was Yurcich who targeted him and he is not even here. If I had one wish to make it would be that Franklin starts to realize you can't recruit pro style big arm QBs to play the style of offense he seems to prefer. You get an Allar type you MUST go pro-style to give him more play action. That fact that Franklin keeps bringing in this type of QB and attempting to force the to play a style they are not suited to play is so incredibly frustrating. Let Pribula run that style and you might like the results. As yesterday proved in today's college football winning starts with scoring points on a consistent basis... great defenses can only carry you so far.
They took McCord and spewed him out...lol

I like his moxie….. but it needs to translate immediately as he steps on the field as a sophomore (RS).

I agree moxie’s good and it needs to translate on the field. However, there’s moxie and then there’s clueless statements given the situation.

It would be like an Eagles defender going on Twitter today after yet another really poor loss and saying the eagles D “has more than enough talent, trust me. Lol”. They’d take a ton of heat over that.

Last edited:
Not to rag on the kid- but hopefully he realizes that at this level EVERYONE has "talent."

The difference becomes those who make the plays. Tyler Warren makes plays. Parker Washington made plays.

Jahan Dotson and Chris Godwin had the "talent" to make bad throws turn into big catches with RAC.

It is not 100% on him nor his peers. I did like how Seider and Howle rotated seemingly every wr who could walk into the game. 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 not sure if I saw 11. They all got their chances.

Allar had an awful game. The fan shot of the woman after the lame duck int was awesome. They stayed on the image long enough that you could see her say: " what the f_ _ _ was that?"

I think we all shared those sentiments about passes to anyone who was not a TE yesterday. Subpar perfprmance is maybe too generous for the pitchers and catchers.

Lotsa work to do. Who will step up?
Allar definitely had a bad game. Everything from the play call to the play itself takes too long. He surveys the defense, changes the play, looks at his first option but isn't sure so he moves to his second option. It's all very deliberate instead of instinctive and it takes too long.

That said the staff does very little to help him. IIRC there wasn't a single 1st down pass in the 3rd qtr. It was run between the tackles on first and second down then pass on 3rd and 6 when the defense has it's ears pinned back. No quick release passes, very few passes to the RBs.

Has anybody noticed that Drew does better when we hurry up down by 2 scores in the 4th qtr? He doesn't seem to think about it as much.

but he did a decent job on that pass to singleton for a TD
I believe Beau has had 11 passes caught this
year of which 4 have been tds. Watch his hs highlights, he can throw better than he's got the chance to, not his fault. He throws a catchable ball, unlike Allar

Last edited:
Hmmmm....he uses a "lol" and the laughing emoji. Actually it's not very funny at all how terrible our WR room was in this bowl game....and all season.
The fact that this kid thinks it's funny is reason enough to cut him loose.

Cut them all loose and start over. Not kidding.

Allar definitely had a bad game. Everything from the play call to the play itself takes too long. He surveys the defense, changes the play, looks at his first option but isn't sure so he moves to his second option. It's all very deliberate instead of instinctive and it takes too long.

That said the staff does very little to help him. IIRC there wasn't a single 1st down pass in the 3rd qtr. It was run between the tackles on first and second down then pass on 3rd and 6 when the defense has it's ears pinned back. No quick release passes, very few passes to the RBs.

Has anybody noticed that Drew does better when we hurry up down by 2 scores in the 4th qtr? He doesn't seem to think about it as much.
Drew does better when the game isn't important. Otherwise he chokes

It seems several factors @ play here:
-Yurcich offensive scheme didn't seem to help WRs get into open space.
-Allars accuracy problems contributed
-Reading the Seider quote, the WRs were apparently not dedicated enough to their "craft"

One observation I have is that we rarely saw a jet sweep or reverses to get a kid like Saunders on the move so he can use his speed and get to open space. Would it be because the OL and others were unable to block for those type of plays, or was Yurcich not willing to put those in a game plan?
Maybe because there isn't great speed. They don't have anybody with real explosiveness or even serious quickness. That's why they don't get open.

year of which 4 have been tds. Watch his hs highlights, he can throw better than he's got the chance to, not his fault. He throws a catchable ball, unlike Allar
He doesn't choke. THAT is unlike Drew

His receivers are wide open because DBs have to come up to stop him from running.

Negotiating playing time doesn't surprise me. I guess Pribula's family got overlooked. How can you let Allar continue to play and not give Pribula a chance. You can see Drew is a POUTER and has been told all his life he is the best and probably has a hard time seeing himself as the problem.

It starts and end with “I love you”. Sprinkled in with the inmates running the asylum in the interlude.

Reactions: psu00 and MacNit2.0
Ah yes 65 years and counting. Some fans’ favorite player is always the back up QB. I thought Pribula did a great job of throwing that lateral to Allar 10 yards over his head and 5 yards wide.
I won't judge him for that one play any more than I will judge him for being 1-1 with a TD pass. It wasn't working in the bowl game and a change was needed. The running game was working well. Bring in Pribula as a running threat and pound the ball, not stick with 3 and 4 wideouts with no catches until the 4th quarter.

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT