ADVERTISEMENT

Just moved

norcalion

May 29, 2001
Central Florida
Glad to hear you are OK. We just moved from DFW to Bradenton to put my (baseball) kid in IMG (and no, PSU is not on the recruiting landscape). We ran and made it to Gulf Shores, AL. Trip back to Bradenton was brutal, but our place had no damage and power was on, so we are blessed. Scary few days.

Im in Riverview just north of bradenton and we stayed and rode it out. got very lucky and had no damage and power never went off.

Glad to hear you are OK. We just moved from DFW to Bradenton to put my (baseball) kid in IMG (and no, PSU is not on the recruiting landscape). We ran and made it to Gulf Shores, AL. Trip back to Bradenton was brutal, but our place had no damage and power was on, so we are blessed. Scary few days.
Lakewood Ranch?

I'm making my permanent move to Sarasota next week. Our power never went off either. I was working here in Ohio while my wife and daughter rode out the storm in Sarasota. Actually, the move was supposed happen this weekend but the storm prevented that. Only minimal cosmetic damage to our home. The eyewall went right over my daughter's apartment in Estero, but she had no damage. However, she teaches in Naples and won't be going back to work until next Tuesday at the earliest since only 6 of 57 schools had electricity there a couple of days ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT