ADVERTISEMENT

Journeymen Collegiate Classic, Nov. 12 Bethlehem Freedom High

I hate handing out grades as fans.

These are college kids - most of them receiving very little aid, very little NIL if any.

Very very few on here know the complete backstory of what’s going on with all the kids (injury, weight, school work, family life etc )

These kids should be grading us fans, instead.
We could have a field day with a fan grade thread.

Just sayin

had a FANTASTIC time at this event! awesome being so close, seeing our guys kick some butt. my 5yo son lasted the entire time thanks to another kid from his wrestling club being there to pal around with (and a couple of sessions with his tablet). he got another 3 signatures for his "wrestling the alphabet" book: Yianni, Zeke, and Cael. cael, with his typical humor quipped "why'd they make me bald? they put in my iowa state singlet but i had hair in college." haha we all did, coach.
Was a very fun event. Almost no downtime, they kept everything moving and action everywhere. PSU kids looked good, was awesome to hear some of the post match talk from Cael. Also, Howard was extremely frustrated with a busted lip and the blood stops, may have mentally taken him out of the match he lost to the Penn kid.

I think I was standing to your right. The kids looked like they were having fun.

I hate handing out grades as fans.

These are college kids - most of them receiving very little aid, very little NIL if any.

Very very few on here know the complete backstory of what’s going on with all the kids (injury, weight, school work, family life etc )

These kids should be grading us fans, instead.
Handing out grades to athletes is reserved for SEC football players.

Do fan grades transfer between programs, say Minnesota and Nebraska? Or MSU and Iowa?
giphy.gif

Was a very fun event. Almost no downtime, they kept everything moving and action everywhere. PSU kids looked good, was awesome to hear some of the post match talk from Cael. Also, Howard was extremely frustrated with a busted lip and the blood stops, may have mentally taken him out of the match he lost to the Penn kid.

I think I was standing to your right. The kids looked like they were having fun.

we were mostly camped out next to mat 5 since it seemed like PSU was involved in every other match there. you can see my little guy hanging on the railing in that MM vs ruiz video that was posted above

Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
I know people

I know people like to sh*t on Flo, some of it very well deserved, but they have gotten 1000% better about putting matches out for the public and not keeping it behind a paywall.
I get frustrated when their streams don't work like everyone else does, but the fact of the matter is that, because of Flo, I have access to a ton of wrestling, year-round. I also have a catalog of technique videos (any coaches, Mike Mal has a great library) and other wrestling related videos I can watch anytime I want. For everything they do poorly, they create a lot of access.

Reactions: zzs006
I get frustrated when their streams don't work like everyone else does, but the fact of the matter is that, because of Flo, I have access to a ton of wrestling, year-round. I also have a catalog of technique videos (any coaches, Mike Mal has a great library) and other wrestling related videos I can watch anytime I want. For everything they do poorly, they create a lot of access.
thought they booted mike mal not any better than before!

is there an easy way to navigate through that technique library? i tried to find the beginning of the series for my son but i could only find "book 5" unless i wanted to click through a bunch of pages.

is there an easy way to navigate through that technique library? i tried to find the beginning of the series for my son but i could only find "book 5" unless i wanted to click through a bunch of pages.
I haven't been able to find a good way to sort them. Perhaps someone else has been able to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT