ADVERTISEMENT

Jonesy says JF might leave -- (don't shoot the messenger)

Question answered.

Thank you.... son

I bet you hope Franklin does leave.

Maybe Sandy will come seek you out because of all your really good analysis from "watching the tape." Thanks for the real solid analysis, coach! Let me guess, you'll reply with a GIF because your granddaughter just showed you how to upload one to the forum. Stick to yelling at kids in your yard and leave the internet to those that know how to use it you old idiot.

Reactions: uhHUH1234
Outside of the 9 Pete Carrol years, USC's record since 1980 is 238 - 137. That's 29 years, of non Pete Carrol mediocrity and a win percentage of 63%. Franklin is at 79% the last 3 seasons at Penn State. My point is that winning 80% of your games at USC is no way an easy task unless you do the shenanigans that Pete Carrol did.

You can kiss the recruiting class goodbye.

REALLY.gif

So one of the reasons he might leave is that the PSU faithful are unhappy, but he’s going to go to a place that wants to fire their coach after four years....got it.
Since when does logic matter in our day and age? Critical thinking is long dead.

I bet you hope Franklin does leave.

Maybe Sandy will come seek you out because of all your really good analysis from "watching the tape." Thanks for the real solid analysis, coach! Let me guess, you'll reply with a GIF because your granddaughter just showed you how to upload one to the forum. Stick to yelling at kids in your yard and leave the internet to those that know how to use it you old idiot.
You are the one pushing this agenda Pal. So why don’t you give a rest and maybe think for a second if that’s possible for you and maybe just maybe see if there is in fact an opening at USC before practically saying Franklin to USC is a done deal and looking even more trollish.

You are the one pushing this agenda Pal. So why don’t you give a rest and maybe think for a second if that’s possible for you and maybe just maybe see if there is in fact an opening at USC before practically saying Franklin to USC is a done deal and looking even more trollish.

What? I asked someone if there was audio from what Jones quoted in the beginning of his story - The Big Ten Coaches Teleconference Call. And now I'm supposedly saying Franklin/USC is a done deal? Read back through the thread at my previous messages, you are way off base. Pull it together "Pal"

What? I asked someone if there was audio from what Jones quoted in the beginning of his story - The Big Ten Coaches Teleconference Call. And now I'm supposedly saying Franklin/USC is a done deal? Read back through the thread at my previous messages, you are way off base. Pull it together "Pal"

Don't bother, neither of them seem to have read through the context of your posts. I too would like to hear the audio of the conversation Jones is referencing. Jones wasn't the reporter who asked the question in the press conference.

Reactions: Riverside Irish
Football Scoop reports that Jack Del Rio and Jeff Fisher are top candidates should Helton be fired. This whole thing is ridiculous
Makes sense.

USC when at it's best, is basically minor league NFL program. I think Del Rio, being a USC alum and former NFL head coach would be exactly what they would be looking for.

Will somebody please shoot the messenger despite his pleas?

LOL! I ain't leaving the house tonight.

All this is reverse psychology. Expect the worst. Prepare for the worst. That way, if something merely bad happens, you figure you got off lucky.

More of that media-generated buzz I was talking about: Dave Jones, everyone's favorite reporter, writes tonight (link below) that Franklin might well leave if the USC job comes open and is offered.

Turns out Jonesy put the question directly to JF this afternoon and believes what the coach did NOT say is significant.

Anyway, he claims that Helton's job is probably riding on the outcome of the ND-USC game. He then gives 10 reasons why Franklin might well take the position, if Helton gets the heave-ho.

Again, this is per Dave Jones -- not me. Take it for what it's worth. One thing for sure: the whole thing is a distraction we don't need a few days before what's shaping up to be a pretty big game.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...e_football_james_fran.html#incart_river_index

"e-e-ee-e-ee-ee-e-e"!

Football Scoop reports that Jack Del Rio and Jeff Fisher are top candidates should Helton be fired. This whole thing is ridiculous

This makes far more sense IF Helton is fired, and I don’t think he’ll be fired after one bad season. Who does that? Who would want to coach at a school that after back to back 10 and 11 win seasons, a conference title in 2017, turns around and fires its coach after one bad season?

This makes far more sense IF Helton is fired, and I don’t think he’ll be fired after one bad season. Who does that? Who would want to coach at a school that after back to back 10 and 11 win seasons, a conference title in 2017, turns around and fires its coach after one bad season?

Our BoT has proven over AND over they are capable of ANY act no matter how ridiculous or stupid, or to cover their own asses.

If he leaves for USC and goes 3-12 (or whatever) against Washington, Oregon, and Stanford then some USC fans will be calling for his head too. Same would apply to the coach at Texas, LSU, Georgia, etc. That’s the life of a head coach in D1 college football.

Jones is off the edge trying to use what wasn’t said to a question as the foundation for an article. The bottom line is there’s no opening at USC right now. They have a coach. To discuss that coach’s potential firing and engage in a back and forth with reporters about it would have been wrong.
Worked out well for UM when they fired Carr for not beating OSU. Seems like a risky proposition to replace a coach based on record of a few teams when those teams are OSU, MSU, and UM. Could end up like Georgia or end up with a coaching carousel and going backwards.

LOL insanity. Who would leave a $5 million job and take their wife and preteen daughters to the cesspool of LA? Aleo, the local and state taxes would eat up most of any pay increase.
Penn State us a much better job. Once you are wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, money only motivates the greedy.

Worked out well for UM when they fired Carr for not beating OSU. Seems like a risky proposition to replace a coach based on record of a few teams when those teams are OSU, MSU, and UM. Could end up like Georgia or end up with a coaching carousel and going backwards.

True. Any coaching change is a bit of an unknown. It didn’t work out well after Carr at UM but has worked out better for UGA (so far).

Some overreact and take criticism too far. Others spend too much time with their blue and white glasses on. There is reasonable center ground criticism of the team’s play and coaching this year, including being 3-12 (or whatever it is) against Michigan, Michigan St, and Ohio St. That’s not good, much less great or elite.

The same issues were discussed with Richt at Georgia, Spurrier at South Carolina, and even Les Miles at LSU. It’s the life of major D1 coaches now.

Last edited:
Jones and Geiger and a couple of those other guys ought to put their investigative journalist "skills" together and try to find a good Barber.

Reactions: Nitwit
Get back to me when it happens.

Swinney is easily top 3 or 4 in the current college coaching ranks with Saban #1. How in the world could they do any better?
I agree, but still would not want to follow in the steps of Saint Nick.

Anyone with half a brain knows Jones is just trying to level the recruiting playing field for his Alma Mater, Ohio State, less than a month away from National Signing Day.

They need a LOT of help right now. Meyer is a mental and physical wreck. What better way to screw Penn State next month than to pull out the race card? If I didn't know better, I'd bet that Jones made sure he had some idiot like Narduzzi proof read that bigoted garbage before he printed it.

The article tells you all you need to know about David Jones's passionate hatred and jealousy of all things Penn State, and everyone associated with it.

Anyone with half a brain knows Jones is just trying to level the recruiting playing field for his Alma Mater, Ohio State, less than a month away from National Signing Day.

They need a LOT of help right now. Meyer is a mental and physical wreck. What better way to screw Penn State next month than to pull out the race card? If I didn't know better, I'd bet that Jones made sure he had some idiot like Narduzzi proof read that bigoted garbage before he printed it.

The article tells you all you need to know about David Jones's passionate hatred and jealousy of all things Penn State, and everyone associated with it.

Thinking there is anything remotely legitimate about Jones is a sign of idiocy.

Reactions: eidolon21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT