ADVERTISEMENT

John Urschel On Fox News Sunday

It was great....I started a thread about this earlier. Good stuff. Made me proud that he is a Penn Stater.

Apparently because his is one of the most unique NFL stories ever. He excels at not one but two professions which require an incredibly high level of skill and he does so with passion, joy, and humility.

Yeah, the answer is obvious. Urschel isn't merely a football player.

Last edited:
Why is he on FOX News?

Because Fox News will use him as an example of why liberal education policies that are geared toward urban areas with predominantly African American populations are a waste of time and money, and that it's the fault of the LIberal Democrats that there are not more people like John Urschel, who because he is educated, smart, thrifty and articulate, exemplifies the conservative education policies of the Republican Party, which is what Trump espouses, therefore Trump should be President.

Because Fox News will use him as an example of why liberal education policies that are geared toward urban areas with predominantly African American populations are a waste of time and money, and that it's the fault of the LIberal Democrats that there are not more people like John Urschel, who because he is educated, smart, thrifty and articulate, exemplifies the conservative education policies of the Republican Party, which is what Trump espouses, therefore Trump should be President.

Like I said, he isn't merely a football player.

:confused:

That, too. It ain't rocket science. :)

Way to keep the focus on John.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I knew there was a way to solve urban education problems - other than just throwing more money to teachers. Trump for President then.

I knew there was a way to solve urban education problems - other than just throwing more money to teachers. Trump for President then.
I'm a HUGE anti public education guy. But..... GOOD teachers deserve to be well compensated. In Russia, teachers make more than medical Drs, at least that was how it was not so long ago. The problem is the dam unions think bad teachers should get the same pay as truly good teachers. No accountability. No auditing the books (self audits don't count). Lots of issues with public education which politicians don't want to discuss.

I am a big supporter of public education. I moved to areas where the public schools are good....folks can still get a good education in a public school. You just have to find the right areas.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and bison13
I am a big supporter of public education. I moved to areas where the public schools are good....folks can still get a good education in a public school. You just have to find the right areas.
Of course some schools (districts) are better than others. I just wasn't a parent who wanted to be led around by the nose. and be told where my place was. I was an extremely involved parent who did everything possible to bring in appropriate programs for the kids. I wanted to know how the education money was being spent. I bet you are clueless at your school. All you know is the budget but how actually funds are spent is a well guarded secret. If you did know you would be shocked. The corruption is overwhelming. But what do you expect with no oversight.
Contracted over 50 school districts from several states. All with similar response, "we know what is best for your son", you know.... one size fits all. It was a difficult journey, but my son recently turned 20, got his degree from a good PAC 12-14 school, and is a computer engineer with a great job. But the schools didn't need too make the journey so difficult.

Reactions: bison13
Of course some schools (districts) are better than others. I just wasn't a parent who wanted to be led around by the nose. and be told where my place was. I was an extremely involved parent who did everything possible to bring in appropriate programs for the kids. I wanted to know how the education money was being spent. I bet you are clueless at your school. All you know is the budget but how actually funds are spent is a well guarded secret. If you did know you would be shocked. The corruption is overwhelming. But what do you expect with no oversight.

Contracted over 50 school districts from several states. All with similar response, "we know what is best for your son", you know.... one size fits all. It was a difficult journey, but my son recently turned 20, got his degree from a good PAC 12-14 school, and is a computer engineer with a great job. But the schools didn't need too make the journey so difficult.

PortlandLion wrote:

"I wanted to know how the education money was being spent.

All you know is the budget but how actually funds are spent is a well guarded secret.

If you did know you would be shocked.
The corruption is overwhelming.
But what do you expect with no oversight."

A real world Central PA example of the kind of corruption and misuse of funds, that can come from an unaudited public school system, controlled for decades by one political group.

• "...approximately 1,000 missing computers and dozens of missing snowblowers, televisions, and videocassette recorders."
  • "...also uncovered evidence of "ghost employees," who appear on the district payroll but never report to work"

========

Mayoral Takeover of Schools Off To Tumultuous Start in Pa. Capital

The mayor of Pennsylvania's capital city is exercising his new authority over the city's schools, following a turbulent transition marked by high-level personnel changes and the launch of an investigation into allegations of missing school property and misuse of district funds.

Mayor Stephen R. Reed was cleared for a state-authorized takeover of the 8,200- student Harrisburg school district by a Dec. 15 [2001] state court decision. In that ruling, Judge Dan Pellegrini rejected a request by the district's elected board members to block the mayor from taking over the schools while they continued their legal challenge to a new state law authorizing the seizure.

Three days later, the mayor appointed a new five-member board of control, which quickly moved into administrative offices equipped with different locks and new computer-access codes.

'Shaking Our Heads'

The mayor and his appointees claim they have since found ample evidence of lost or stolen district property, including approximately 1,000 missing computers and dozens of missing snowblowers, televisions, and videocassette recorders.

Randy King, a spokesman for the mayor, said they have also uncovered evidence of "ghost employees," who appear on the district payroll but never report to work. In response, the mayor has recruited a task force of local police, officials from the county district attorney's and state attorney general's offices, and FBI agents to sort through school records.

"The mayor had long suspected many of these things, but the reality of it was shocking," said Mr. King. "We're literally just shaking our heads every day, wondering how it could have gotten to this point."

http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2001/01/10/16harrisburg.h20.html

Love John. Can't believe the administration tried to blame him.

Why is he on FOX News?

Because:
A) it is a real good/interesting story and
B)They will have video on file that they can chop and screw later if the occasion arises.

(In theory, the same reason as everybody else, iow.)

I'm a HUGE anti public education guy. But..... GOOD teachers deserve to be well compensated. In Russia, teachers make more than medical Drs, at least that was how it was not so long ago. The problem is the dam unions think bad teachers should get the same pay as truly good teachers. No accountability. No auditing the books (self audits don't count). Lots of issues with public education which politicians don't want to discuss.

That doesn't say much about Russian medical Drs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT