ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Porter Jr's Rookie Numbers are INSANE

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
Joey Porter Jr. has been LOCKDOWN through three games.

•45 coverage snaps
•5 targets
•1 reception allowed (12 yards)
•1 pass defensed
•39.6 passer rating allowed

That is the LOWEST passer rating any rookie CB has allowed this season (min. 32 snaps).

Opposing QB’s would have the same passer rating throwing the ball into the GROUND as they do throwing at Porter. The Steelers rookie CB is off to a HOT start

I was glad Wallace recovered and made those two pics last night because he was getting torched quite a bit. I know Davante Adams is all pro, but it would be nice to see Porter get some more snaps, especially against an outside receiver where he can use his wingspan and the boundary.

He needs to play 40 snaps a game. Peterson got the easy pick but he's missing tackles and hasn't been very good in coverage. He probably needs to be moved inside to cover the slot and JPJ handles the outside

Reactions: bison13
As if life couldn't get any worse for the Pitt fans that follow 'dem Stillers.....as in, most of them

Reactions: LMTLION
He needs to play 40 snaps a game. Peterson got the easy pick but he's missing tackles and hasn't been very good in coverage. He probably needs to be moved inside to cover the slot and JPJ handles the outside
JPJ's missed couple tackles too. I wonder if that's the real reason he hasn't played more but I agree with you. He needs to be playing over Peterson. He's the better CB right now and we can move Peterson around to different spots.

Joey Porter Jr. has been LOCKDOWN through three games.

•45 coverage snaps
•5 targets
•1 reception allowed (12 yards)
•1 pass defensed
•39.6 passer rating allowed

That is the LOWEST passer rating any rookie CB has allowed this season (min. 32 snaps).

Opposing QB’s would have the same passer rating throwing the ball into the GROUND as they do throwing at Porter. The Steelers rookie CB is off to a HOT start

I guess practicing every day against Pickens has paid off. They had some classic battles.

Reactions: bison13
I’ll make a prediction: He will be starting after the by-week.

I’ll make a prediction: He will be starting after the by-week.
I hope but no so sure. I think Tomlins biggest fault is his loyalty towards certain players. He let Devin Bush play when it was obvious he was not very good, same with Artie Burns and some others. I think Peterson is his guy and he will ride him out as a starter all year

JPJ's missed couple tackles too. I wonder if that's the real reason he hasn't played more but I agree with you. He needs to be playing over Peterson. He's the better CB right now and we can move Peterson around to different spots.
Bingo

Pittsburgh kid, Steelers legacy, and a STUD cornerback- what’s not to like? IMO, he should be starting moving forward.

I recommend some patience. Who have they played with top receivers? First two games were against defensive teams plus the Steeler D put huge pressure on the QBs. Let’s see how he does against top offenses with top receivers before anointing him as all pro.

Some of the clowns on the Liar still hate on him even though they
Pittsburgh kid, Steelers legacy, and a STUD cornerback- what’s not to like? IMO, he should be starting moving forward.
are Steelers fans jut because he went to PSU and not Pitt - I remember when Jesse James played for the Steelers and one poster over there hoped he would get a career ending knee injury because he was a PSU player - that's some really f'ed up stuff - can't wait until THON so they can hate on kids with Cancer like they do every year there.

are Steelers fans jut because he went to PSU and not Pitt - I remember when Jesse James played for the Steelers and one poster over there hoped he would get a career ending knee injury because he was a PSU player - that's some really f'ed up stuff - can't wait until THON so they can hate on kids with Cancer like they do every year there.
I think many here worry way too much about a small number of Pitt fans. I know a ton of Pitt people that love JPJ already

Jesse James was awful with the Steelers. Hoping he'd get injured is over the top but I was thrilled when he left.

Yeah, there is some of that. I don’t know why people can’t separate Pitt from the Steelers. Heck, I’m a Steelers fan before I’m a Pitt fan- I don’t care where they played their college ball at. Also, Jesse James caught that ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT