ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Pa press conference connected to earlier thread: Reporter asked Joe to comment on using the Shotgun? His reply was, "what gauge 12, 20..."

This reminds me of when I used to attend the QB Club luncheons. After Joe was done talking about some defense plays and d-line things, an older woman(sitting with her husband) raised her hand, he called on her, and she asked what was "stunting" and his reply was priceless. It was something like "it's what your husband does to get out of the house at night to go drinking with the boys" I nearly spit my drink out laughing so hard...

This reminds me of when I used to attend the QB Club luncheons. After Joe was done talking about some defense plays and d-line things, an older woman(sitting with her husband) raised her hand, he called on her, and she asked what was "stunting" and his reply was priceless. It was something like "it's what your husband does to get out of the house at night to go drinking with the boys" I nearly spit my drink out laughing so hard...
An underrated comedian...one of a kind...missed immensely!

Those lunches were awesome. You realized football was important but he also had other priorities. There will never be another Joe.

He went onto explain it was nothing new etc.

For obvious passing situations, I think the shotgun is a better formation, but when it's 4th and short, I can't see the logic in hiking the ball back 5 yards to try and make a first down. Keep the ball as close to the line of scrimmage as possible. It's almost self defeating to send the ball back 5 yards when you need 1 or 2 to keep it.

I’m not a gun expert, but let’s see if I have this right. Jill goes outside and fires both barrels then she has to breakdown the barrels, extract out the shells and reach into her pocket to pull out two new shells, load them and snap the barrels back in place. Now if the intruder isn’t scared off by the initial blast, I assume for the plan to work he has to wait patiently for Jill to accomplish all of the above before proceeding with his criminal act.

For obvious passing situations, I think the shotgun is a better formation, but when it's 4th and short, I can't see the logic in hiking the ball back 5 yards to try and make a first down. Keep the ball as close to the line of scrimmage as possible. It's almost self defeating to send the ball back 5 yards when you need 1 or 2 to keep it.
[/QUOT
They did it when Joe played !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT