ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Morgan proves once again he is an ethical, stand-up guy!

nittany dave

Dec 1, 2001
In an article on ESPN.com, former Cincinnati Red and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan sent a letter to HOF voters, asking them not to elect PED users to the HOF. Some of us older people remember when character, honesty and doing your best to do things the right way still meant something. All of us Penn Staters know about Success with Honor. Joe Morgan obviously does too. Nice to see this point of view hasn't completely disappeared from society.

In an article on ESPN.com, former Cincinnati Red and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan sent a letter to HOF voters, asking them not to elect PED users to the HOF. Some of us older people remember when character, honesty and doing your best to do things the right way still meant something. All of us Penn Staters know about Success with Honor. Joe Morgan obviously does too. Nice to see this point of view hasn't completely disappeared from society.

NO. It was not against the rules. There is even documentation that players used PEDs in the 50s. FACT.

Reactions: Cpeplion
I've always liked Joe. He was always good as an analyst and a great player.

Shouldn't we use the same standard for the members of the media like Morgan who covered Maguire and Sosa but said NOTHING about steroid use even though they knew?

I've always liked Joe. He was always good as an analyst and a great player.

I've bought 3 cars from him too. He's even come out to greet my wife when she had our car in for service. Probably not coincidental she's very good looking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT