ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Sandusky’s adopted son arrested for sexually assaulting a child

Should we instigate a citizens arrest or something on Nate? When his actions are uncovered, I don't want anyone saying that I should have done more.
Nate makes a loaf of bread look "sharp"
Should we instigate a citizens arrest or something on Nate? When his actions are uncovered, I don't want anyone saying that I should have done more.
Nate makes a loaf of bread look "sharp"

I shouldn’t give either of you a “like” to your posts, Nate is likely to label me as a JerBearbot. Jones has already labeled “my kind” as Joebots.

Boy....I hear Emmert's pissed! Gonna lose bowl revenue and scholies and CJF is gonna have to forfeit all 11 wins from this year!

I have no idea, but how in the hell do you do that after you saw what just happened to your "innocent" Dad in his words. Seriously, not to mention I think he worked in a corrections facility. I just don't get it.

Not sure what happened to his step dad was much of an impediment. It's a sickness. A decent person will never really get it.

In males, 30-some percent.

I agree that is not insignificant, but still the majority (or most) were not CSA victims themselves. Which is why the statistics are pretty meaningless in the specific case of Jeff. Either he was abused or he wasn't.

Jerry can't be more behind bars than he is, and he will be there for the rest of his life. I guess depending on how it played out it could impact his PCRA hearing (better for a lawyer to weigh in on that)?

The only other significance of whether he was abused by Jerry is to those who want to use it to heap more blame on Paterno and PSU. Which is happening in spades in the media and even on this board by some. Sickening.

The only other significance of whether he was abused by Jerry is to those who want to use it to heap more blame on Paterno and PSU. Which is happening in spades in the media and even on this board by some. Sickening.

All I know is that if Jeff Sandusky was ever abused by Jerry, there couldn't possibly be MORE incentive for him to come out and say it. He already neglected to claim abuse when it would have resulted in him getting millions in a settlement with Penn State. Now, you know sure as can be that his lawyer is going to tell him that coming forward with a story of being abused by Jerry is going to help him in court. Incentive to come forward against Jerry all over the place. And yet he hasn't. I wonder why? BECAUSE HE WASN'T ABUSED!

Just to inject a light moment into this thread... can you imagine Jeff flipping his story now and trying to pick up a big check from PSU to pay for his defense, etc.? Would anyone be surprised if Ira would authorize the payment?!?!

He'll make for a great character witness at Jerry's next trial.

giphy.gif
Alleged pedo says that another pedo is a great guy. SHOCKING!

40-80% of juvenile sex offenders have themselves been victims of sexual abuse (Advances in Clinical Child Psychology, page 19).

Oops. That was the wrong stat, though interesting. One I meant to attach said that 30% of abused children will later abuse their own children.

Not to make humor of Nate wanting to imprison the entire Sandusky family, but shouldn’t Nate also include Jerr’s defense attorney. I’d hate for my family be punished for the sins I commit.

Just throwing this well known tidbit out there …..

Joe Amendola, the attorney for former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, impregnated a 17-year-old girl, according to the The Daily and the New York Post

One thing I have learned from this interesting thread is that the posters "coveydidnt" and "michnittlion" both share this strange pre-occupation with "quantitative descriptors" like the words "some", "most" and "majority".

Could they be one and the same? :rolleyes:
Covey appears to be "somewhat less" obtuse.

I agree that is not insignificant, but still the majority (or most) were not CSA victims themselves. Which is why the statistics are pretty meaningless in the specific case of Jeff. Either he was abused or he wasn't.

Jerry can't be more behind bars than he is, and he will be there for the rest of his life. I guess depending on how it played out it could impact his PCRA hearing (better for a lawyer to weigh in on that)?

Agreed. I don't see how it affects Jerry or PCRA unless Jeff were to flip. And as I'm not a lawyer, I can only suggest:

- Flip or not, it dilutes the family's resources. They are already extended I think (since Jeff couldn't post bail), so they will have to choose where best to spend their money.

- PCRA is very narrow, so even a flip now doesn't change anything there.
- If a new trial were granted, a flip could come into play, but it wouldn't currently be admissible I don't think, any more than Matt's was, unless something is done (like Jerry testifying) that gives it relevance to the charges.
- Even so, any Jeff flip would be interpreted by people as fits their own narrative. Some would say that he flipped to save himself some time, and it might be just more evidence of prosecutor shenanigans. They would have a strong point, jail time may be a stronger motivator than even $million$.

The bigger question to me is if Dottie flips or fades in support. For the Jerry supporters, she is a rock. The statistics don't prove anything for a specific case, but in her position, she's got to at least be considering that she needs to look Jerry in the eye on the next visit and ask some tough questions.

Oops. That was the wrong stat, though interesting. One I meant to attach said that 30% of abused children will later abuse their own children.

Hi Connor,

To be clear, you are saying 30% of abused children will later abuse their own children?

That sounds high compared to what I read, at least for CSA. Is that all abuse or just CSA? Further, is this just males? Because I read that females have near zero tendency to carry CSA forward.

40-80% of juvenile sex offenders have themselves been victims of sexual abuse (Advances in Clinical Child Psychology, page 19).

That sounds right to me. I used a 30% number from another study. The numbers are quite over the place depending on the study methodology, but it's clear that in this direction, there is a significant correlation.

Just to inject a light moment into this thread... can you imagine Jeff flipping his story now and trying to pick up a big check from PSU to pay for his defense, etc.? Would anyone be surprised if Ira would authorize the payment?!?!

I was thinking and ready to post similar to yours. Sandusky’s attorney may take the offense and decide to make a case for abuse and threaten to take this to court unless there was a some type of limitation deadline to file against the BOT. Nothing surprises me in this entire sordid affair. Remember, the last victim that decided to have his case before a jury got a $ 20 million plus in settlement.

"Many survivors have such profound deficiencies in self-protection that they can barely imagine themselves in a position of agency or choice. The idea of saying no to the emotional demands of a parent, spouse, lover or authority figure may be practically inconceivable. Thus, it is not uncommon to find adult survivors who continue to minister to the needs of those who once abused them and who continue to permit major intrusions without boundaries or limits. Adult survivors may nurse their abusers in illness, defend them in adversity, and even, in extreme cases, continue to submit to their sexual demands."

Last edited:
Reactions: dshumbero
Hi Connor,

To be clear, you are saying 30% of abused children will later abuse their own children?

That sounds high compared to what I read, at least for CSA. Is that all abuse or just CSA? Further, is this just males? Because I read that females have near zero tendency to carry CSA forward.

It's the stat I have seen in a few different places. I saw it on a PowerPoint I have in my office from an abuse training I went to earlier this year and have seen the same number reported on several different websites. But yes, the statistic says that 30% of abused children will grow up to abuse their own children. That is not specific to CSA, but to abuse and neglect. I am looking through some material to see if I can find specific CSA rates for abusers that were abused. I'm sure I have it somewhere but can't find it right now.

It's the stat I have seen in a few different places. I saw it on a PowerPoint I have in my office from an abuse training I went to earlier this year and have seen the same number reported on several different websites. But yes, the statistic says that 30% of abused children will grow up to abuse their own children. That is not specific to CSA, but to abuse and neglect. I am looking through some material to see if I can find specific CSA rates for abusers that were abused. I'm sure I have it somewhere but can't find it right now.

I just had understood it to be much lower for CSA specifically.

By the way, you do seem to know what you are talking about, so I retract my earlier doubts in the CSS thread. Seems like we are on the same side, where facts exist. I do recognize that there are various possible interpretations of what happened given what we currently know.

Most of the disagreements between rational people here lie in the gaps between facts, in assumptions, and partially informed conclusions.

Will she be trotting out Bernie McCue as her star witness again?

Who the F knows, anything is feasible, but half of the written article ensures that the public does not forget the names of the culprits that enabled “Jeffs” actions.

"Jerry Sandusky was at the center of a child sexual abuse scandal that rocked Penn State University in 2011, and is currently in prison.
A grand jury report accused Jerry Sandusky, a retired Penn State defensive coordinator, of sexually abusing eight boys over at least 15 years. A report conducted by former FBI Director Louis Freeh accused Penn State leaders of showing "total and consistent disregard" for the victims of child sex abuse and covering up Sandusky's abuse.
The scandal led to the firing of legendary head coach Joe Paterno and University President Graham Spanier, as well as charges for other administrators.
Sandusky was found guilty in 2012 of 45 charges related to the yearlong sexual abuse, and he was sentenced to no less than 30 years in prison."

Penn State said in 2013 that it had reached settlements totaling $59.7 million with 26 of Sandusky's victims.

Reactions: dshumbero
Who the F knows, anything is feasible, but half of the written article ensures that the public does not forget the names of the culprits that enabled “Jeffs” actions.

"Jerry Sandusky was at the center of a child sexual abuse scandal that rocked Penn State University in 2011, and is currently in prison.
A grand jury report accused Jerry Sandusky, a retired Penn State defensive coordinator, of sexually abusing eight boys over at least 15 years. A report conducted by former FBI Director Louis Freeh accused Penn State leaders of showing "total and consistent disregard" for the victims of child sex abuse and covering up Sandusky's abuse.
The scandal led to the firing of legendary head coach Joe Paterno and University President Graham Spanier, as well as charges for other administrators.
Sandusky was found guilty in 2012 of 45 charges related to the yearlong sexual abuse, and he was sentenced to no less than 30 years in prison."

Penn State said in 2013 that it had reached settlements totaling $59.7 million with 26 of Sandusky's victims.

She's a complete piece of shit.

I just had understood it to be much lower for CSA specifically.

By the way, you do seem to know what you are talking about, so I retract my earlier doubts in the CSS thread. Seems like we are on the same side, where facts exist. I do recognize that there are various possible interpretations of what happened given what we currently know.

Most of the disagreements between rational people here lie in the gaps between facts, in assumptions, and partially informed conclusions.

The disagreements lie within the gaps of the known facts and how people choose to fill in those gaps. I try to just look at the facts themselves and read them as they are. For instance, I am still open to the idea that Joe had more awareness as to what was happening then we have been lead to believe by some. I would be really surprised if he was part of a coverup of some sort, but I remain open to the possibility until the facts say he wasn't.
On a side note, I would reccomend Theo Fleury's autobiography for sports fans to gain an understanding of how child sexual abuse happens and the effects it has on its victims. He is really open in the book about his abuse and how it caused so many issues for him throughout his life. Fascinating read.

Well......until the charges are made public, we won't even know for sure what he is accused of.

The only thing we have now (unless you have access to some other information) is from the news reports - - - - - which lists the accusations as "SOLICITATION TO......."
While those charges (if the report is accurate) are certainly very serious, there is also a whole 'nuther level between "IDSI" (or "Rape"), and "SOLICITATION TO....IDSI"

So.....unless you have different information from everyone else.....your accusation of "Rape" is either a simple mistake, or a bit disingenuous.

He's definitely accused of assault, intercourse with an underage person:

Compaint Link

Interesting, Jerry Sandusky's abuse of a State Licensed and Regulated charity that he personally founded (and personally picked the CEO, Raykovitz, and the Chair of the Board, Poole) is not a PA DPW scandal, but rather a scandal of the State's named Flagship Land-Grant University??? Why will I not be surprised if Sandusky abusing the State Licensed and Regulated Adoption and Foster Parenting Programs for over FOUR DECADES is also not Pennsylvania DPW scandal, but rather again a scandal of the State's named Flagship Land-Grant University??? Huh??? WTF???

You'd think that after 5+ years of no trial for these "evil" PSU admins that someone in the media would start to question WTF is going on and get all outraged over justice being delayed. But nope, not one question asked and not even the smallest amount of curiosity over how/why these admins still haven't had their day in court yet.

Yep, pretty much it as far as I know too. Matt isn't credible to people here because he denied abuse initially which is also fairly common with victims. Maybe he is lying his arse off, but maybe he isn't? I can't say he is or isn't like so many here can. I'm just laughing here because now the guy sexting young girls is the trophy for truth and justice for Jerry. He too will be vilified if he dares to have a change of heart when dealing with the prosecution asking for some leniency. IF that occurs, maybe he stands by his comments which is just as likely.

He's not credible to me because, it looked to me, like he decided he was abused AFTER the check books opened.
I absolutely agree that some victims deny the abuse ever happened for a myriad of reasons.
INMO this Jeff story is completely different and the only similarity is the last name.

You'd think that after 5+ years of no trial for these "evil" PSU admins that someone in the media would start to question WTF is going on and get all outraged over justice being delayed. But nope, not one question asked and not even the smallest amount of curiosity over how/why these admins still haven't had their day in court yet.

According to JockstrapJohn, his Penn Live idiots and Pitt clowns it's C/S &S causing the delays so they won't be "convicted".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT