ADVERTISEMENT

Jay's Open Letter to Sally Jenkins

200.gif

""They didn’t put any of the claimants under oath for the settlements""

Is this correct? The narrative I've heard is that they were under oath.

Reactions: step.eng69
""They didn’t put any of the claimants under oath for the settlements""

Is this correct? The narrative I've heard is that they were under oath.

They wanted the hot potato gone. They fire a coach via a post it and phone call. They shell out money without really bothering to follow up on the claims. They hired Freeh and never once really read his report. Hell Freeh didn't even talk to any of the parties he accussed.

Now they want everyone else to pay the bill that they created. I don't blame the insurance company for one second for saying GFY on this. Now they look at TSM who slipped out a midnight and locked up forever years ago. This by far is some of the worst leadership EVER exhibited and to think they actually paid PR groups for advice. I feel like they were 7 year old kids with a checkbook and had a line of people with their hands out and they just said...ok...thanks, have a nice day after they wrote each check. It's mind boggling to think that these people were seen as leaders somehow somewhere.

200.gif

Last edited:
I despise Sally Jenkins, and, ironically, can only assume she has her job only because of who her father was.

That said, great column Jay, as usual.

They wanted the hot potato gone. They fire a coach via a post it and phone call. They shell out money without really bothering to follow up on the claims. Now they want everyone else to pay the bill. I don't blame the insurance company for one second for saying GFY on this. Now they look at TSM who slipped out a midnight and locked up forever. This by far is some of the worst leadership EVER exhibited and to think they actually paid PR groups for advice. I feel like they were 7 year old kids with a checkbook and had a line of people with their hands out and they just said...ok...thanks, have a nice day after they wrote each check. It's mind boggling to think that these people were seen as leaders somehow somewhere.

THIS ^^

Jay wrote: "You mention that the unsealed testimony was taken under oath, including Mike McQueary’s 2014 deposition alleging knowledge by Tom Bradley and Greg Schiano. Yet this conflicts with his June 2012 testimony in court, also under oath, when he stated he didn’t discuss this with people he worked with. So which did you choose to believe?"

Wow, there have been times when I've felt sorry for MM, but not anymore. "Lyin' Mike" has big problems!

Sitting here trying to have my coffee and watch The Open but I am finding myself boiling.....this John Doe 150 or whatever is a lying sack of crap....and the PSU lawyer sits there and does NOTHING! And Jay is correct...you showered in individual stalls...I was at a PSU XC camp in the 70's...we lived in East halls, Hastings I think....

They wanted the hot potato gone. They fire a coach via a post it and phone call. They shell out money without really bothering to follow up on the claims. They hired Freeh and never once really read his report. Hell Freeh didn't even talk to any of the parties he accussed.

Now they want everyone else to pay the bill that they created. I don't blame the insurance company for one second for saying GFY on this. Now they look at TSM who slipped out a midnight and locked up forever years ago. This by far is some of the worst leadership EVER exhibited and to think they actually paid PR groups for advice. I feel like they were 7 year old kids with a checkbook and had a line of people with their hands out and they just said...ok...thanks, have a nice day after they wrote each check. It's mind boggling to think that these people were seen as leaders somehow somewhere.

200.gif
It is a little bit like the entities that were behind the story of the Stephen King novel "The Dome."

can someone clarify something for me? In the depo mike gave alleging he told TB and TB said Schiano gave a similar account, what was that depo for? Mikes lawsuit for wrongful termination? Also if that's the case, did nobody think to even ask him "why is this the first time you are claiming you told other coaches and that another coach had a similar situation to yours?"

"Yes the story was fed to your writers by someone with an agenda because they somehow reported things that were NOT in the unsealed documents"

Can anyone here expand on this? Curious what he was speaking of here.

Apparently someone wanted the story out there and fed info to reporters. I don't know details but I know that it's been pointed out that articles began to appear too quickly after the unsealing of the documents for reporters to have had time to read them.

The shower stalls...individual...in dorms...no other players or coaches. Ans PSU didn't investigate to confirm this! Thanks Jay for all you do...

I thought this was an important point that I hadn't heard before and shoots another hole in an already weak story.

200.gif

Our University is rotting and like all rotting fish it starts at the head.
We need to sever the head.

Bravo Jay!

Jay just called out Sally for being a mindless writer with an agenda who is just after clicks.

Reactions: LundyPSU
can someone clarify something for me? In the depo mike gave alleging he told TB and TB said Schiano gave a similar account, what was that depo for? Mikes lawsuit for wrongful termination? Also if that's the case, did nobody think to even ask him "why is this the first time you are claiming you told other coaches and that another coach had a similar situation to yours?"

Frankly because I don't think he (MM) can remember all the stories and versions there of he told.:mad:

I want to urge Jay to make his letter a LTE or op ed to the Post. His words need wider distribution. I only do email and text; no social media, which is his only contact info I can find. Can anyone help, either with posting Jay's email address here or by making the contact yourself through social media? Thanks.

(Edit: I found a work-a-round. Because Jay's letter is "open," I decided that I wouldn't need his permission to contact the Post. I sent the State College.com link to the Post LTE contact and suggested that the paper print it. Who knows what the Post will do, but I feel better that I tried.)

Last edited:
If Im Tom or Greg and there is zero truth to this allegation/account, Im going after mike HARD for slander on this
...same for Kevin O'Dea and lying fraud matt sandusky. Sue him back into the poverty he deserves.

Jay wrote: "You mention that the unsealed testimony was taken under oath, including Mike McQueary’s 2014 deposition alleging knowledge by Tom Bradley and Greg Schiano. Yet this conflicts with his June 2012 testimony in court, also under oath, when he stated he didn’t discuss this with people he worked with. So which did you choose to believe?"

Wow, there have been times when I've felt sorry for MM, but not anymore. "Lyin' Mike" has big problems!

Advance apologies as I'm short on time to read all the material. Could Mike have been saying he never spoke to other staff members about 2001, but he did hear buzz regarding other (earlier) incidents?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT