ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright to retire

Congrats on your daughter graduating! Also many thanks to her for continuing in the field after everything that has gone down during the pandemic.

I'd echo Delco's statement that "nightlife" in that neck of the woods is pretty meh. She may need to be happy with doing weekend trips to DC / Baltimore / Philly etc. but that also depends on what kind of "nightlife" she's looking for.

Going to the Knicks is the rumor.
Several reports say he has no interest in the NBA. There is a strong chance he will become a high profile hoops announcer.

Reactions: bison13
If he walks away he is brilliant! Far too many hang on too long to the detriment of all involved.

Players who change teams late in their careers rarely succeed, Tom Brady excluded.

Jay has a great media presence and will likely be much more comfortable observing others' contests. What more does he need? Fame? Wealth? Legacy? Records?

It is refreshing to see someone choose to walk when they are on top. Good for him!

Several reports say he has no interest in the NBA. There is a strong chance he will become a high profile hoops announcer.
I’ve heard that as well. I know the original rumor started in February, and he shut it down immediately. The person who told me this has some contacts and thinks it is a strong possibility.

I think he’s done and good for him. The attraction of spending time with family and enjoying the fruits of his labor must be strong vs. working like a maniac. If he needs or wants money at some point he would be hired by a network in 2 seconds.

For me, he is the greatest coach of any major sport in the history of SE Pa..
Shock is how I feel.

Reactions: SEPATOPTEN
For me, he is the greatest coach of any major sport in the history of SE Pa..
Shock is how I feel.
Typical of him, he said he wasn’t all in this year, and gave all the credit to his assistants for the team’s success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT