ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Ham tells Hartlaub he is on scholarship after the Saturday practice ........

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Last edited:
"Penn State walk-on safety and special-teams’ ace Drew Hartlaub was put on scholarship in dramatic fashion Saturday afternoon. Following the Nittany Lions’ practice and scrimmage in Beaver Stadium, head coach James Franklin called the entire team together in the locker room."

Maybe I’m just sappy, but I absolutely love those stories! Nothing better than watching a guy work his tail off chasing his dream and ultimately being rewarded for it. Very happy for Drew.

I was saddened when he went into the transfer portal. At a game I think in 2019 he was the first kid down the field on kickoff coverage. I just said out loud “jeeze that kid is fast”! Guy behind me taps me and says “That’s my son. He’s the fastest guy on the team”. Says nothing else the rest of the game but I could feel his pride and vicariously shared in it. This is outstanding and the stuff that makes me proud to be a Penn Stater. Cool for the kid and super cool that Jack Ham got to deliver the message. We are!

I was saddened when he went into the transfer portal. At a game I think in 2019 he was the first kid down the field on kickoff coverage. I just said out loud “jeeze that kid is fast”! Guy behind me taps me and says “That’s my son. He’s the fastest guy on the team”. Says nothing else the rest of the game but I could feel his pride and vicariously shared in it. This is outstanding and the stuff that makes me proud to be a Penn Stater. Cool for the kid and super cool that Jack Ham got to deliver the message. We are!
157 posts in eight years? Not enough. The board needs your voice.

Reactions: lazydave841
Getting the news from Jack Ham, it just doesn't get any better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT