ADVERTISEMENT

Izzard and Vilbert? What did they do?

Seriously you're asking this question? I suggest you call the sports information director and see what he tells you! LOL

It is a waste of cyberspace. I frown on posts that are worthy of the authorship skills and dignity of Pitt fans.

Lol again...

• Wow
Reactions: Ski
Out for the season? Injury? What happened?
You have asked this question every week for the past 4 weeks, WHY? Maybe Izzard would contribute, but there wasn't much "good news" coming out of Spring/Summer ball about Izzard, so I don't think either one of these guys would contribute in a meaningful way if they were able to play.

You don't run the message board so what you "FROWN ON" is equally as unimportant as what anyone else frowns on.
forget it....people sometimes have a ton of trouble reading. Who would have ever thought the title of the thread was going to be about something that JF will never let us know about. Either way feel free to start posts anytime, not matter how the thread police try and make you feel.

You have asked this question every week for the past 4 weeks, WHY? Maybe Izzard would contribute, but there wasn't much "good news" coming out of Spring/Summer ball about Izzard, so I don't think either one of these guys would contribute in a meaningful way if they were able to play.
Vilbert had three sacks in the bowl game, pretty sure he could have added something to the D rotation, especially with Tarburton seemingly now not a very viable option.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Weren't they both starters at different times last year?

Vilbert must be a grades or other discipline if he is on scout team?

Despite the lack of information, Franklin did recognized Vilbert as one of the Nittany Lions’ scout team players of the week.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Thought Izzard was our most productive DT last year after Mustipher went down. Certainly hope we get him back for the UM game against that big OL they have. Have to wait and see.

Vilbert must be a grades or other discipline if he is on scout team?

Despite the lack of information, Franklin did recognized Vilbert as one of the Nittany Lions’ scout team players of the week.

Sounds like something got them in the doghouse (whether that be grades, skipping class or something else).

Also sounds like at least Vilbert is working his way back into good graces with the coaches, which is good. I admire guys who keep with it rather than quitting or phoning it in or hitting the transfer portal.

Reactions: Online Persona
Sounds like something got them in the doghouse (whether that be grades, skipping class or something else).

Also sounds like at least Vilbert is working his way back into good graces with the coaches, which is good. I admire guys who keep with it rather than quitting or phoning it in or hitting the transfer portal.
i was thinking its grades but the coaches usually keep a very close eye on their players to begin with...they usually know if a player even misses one class and know their GPA on a regular basis so it's kinda odd if it was grades or a similar issue they would let it get this far where players need to be suspended for really long periods of times (half the season/full season - that seems really harsh)...i mean it can't be a criminal act as files would then be charged and everyone would know about it...so its violation of team rules...just seems odd considering how even Franklin says he's so proud of say Vilbert but then he's still suspended

i was thinking its grades but the coaches usually keep a very close eye on their players to begin with...they usually know if a player even misses one class and know their GPA on a regular basis so it's kinda odd if it was grades or a similar issue they would let it get this far where players need to be suspended for really long periods of times (half the season/full season - that seems really harsh)...i mean it can't be a criminal act as files would then be charged and everyone would know about it...so its violation of team rules...just seems odd considering how even Franklin says he's so proud of say Vilbert but then he's still suspended

How do you know it's "Disciplinary" in nature? And if it is, why precisely would CJF say, "And you know, I’m really proud that Smith Vilbert’s a part of our program. I’ll leave it at that for right now.”

How do you know it's "Disciplinary" in nature? And if it is, why precisely would CJF say, "And you know, I’m really proud that Smith Vilbert’s a part of our program. I’ll leave it at that for right now.”
well because he's been practicing on the scout team...i think he was even the scout team player of the week last week, so he's not injured so then how is it not disciplinary in nature?...maybe it's not...maybe you're right...things just do not add up and when the coach or whoever says nothing/very little but then sprinkles in how proud he is of said player people will speculate

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
well because he's been practicing on the scout team...i think he was even the scout team player of the week last week, so he's not injured so then how is it not disciplinary in nature?...maybe it's not...maybe you're right...things just do add up and when the coach or whoever says nothing/very little but then sprinkles in how proud he is of said player people will speculate
It could theoretically be grades, right? I mean maybe you lump that in with disciplinary, but I'd consider failing an exam in a different category with missing curfew or missing a meeting (not better or worse, just different).

Whatever Beamon went through last year, it seems Vilbert and Izzard are going through this year.

I don't think we ever found out anything about Beamon.

From todays rival practice media scrum summary:

• For the first time this season, redshirt sophomore DT Coziah Izzard was present with the linemen at practice. Izzard had previously been working out with the Development Team, but appears to be healthy and ready to make his first appearance this season. Franklin said, “It’s possible [Izzard plays], we’ll have to see how it plays out.”

Last edited:
From the todays rival practice media scrum:

• For the first time this season, redshirt sophomore DT Coziah Izzard was present with the linemen at practice. Izzard had previously been working out with the Development Team, but appears to be healthy and ready to make his first appearance this season. Franklin said, “It’s possible [Izzard plays], we’ll have to see how it plays out.”
Huge. Just huge. Gonna need him in 2weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT