ADVERTISEMENT

It's Time for Democrats to Look in the Mirror

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Amen to that.... They've created a "Climate of hate". They self identify with high morality so they are OK with it.

Keep calling them out. Maybe one of them will see the light....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...r_democrats_to_look_in_the_mirror_134212.html

Nancy Pelosi made a startling admission on the floor of the House Wednesday after Speaker Paul Ryan spoke about the shooting attack on Republican members of Congress and staff at a baseball practice: “To my colleagues, you’re going to hear me say something you’ve never heard me say before: I identify myself with the remarks of the speaker.” She was making a light-hearted reference to how unusual it is for her to agree with the leader of the Republican majority. She looked around as she delivered the line, expecting a laugh.

It would be better if she instead looked in a mirror and considered how a culture of vilification she helped to create may have motivated that morning’s attacker. James T. Hodgkinson, the man who died after a shootout with Alexandria, Va., and Capitol Police officers, has been described by neighbors, acquaintances and at least one friend as a “mellow” guy who was politically active but in control. He campaigned for presidential contender Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary. But somewhere along the line, his outlook started to go off the rails and he joined various anti-GOP Facebook groups, including "Terminate the Republican Party"; "The Road to Hell Is Paved With Republicans"; and "Join the Resistance Worldwide!!"

It’s easy to see how Hodgkinson’s anger at Republicans might have been fed by a steady diet of toxic hyperbole dished up by progressives. It’s trendy now to frame disagreement with Trump’s agenda as “resistance.”

Reactions: nittnee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News