ADVERTISEMENT

It's been 12 years and still "all clear". March 20, 2007 I became cancer free...

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
Testicular cancer for a person my age is quite rare - I was 45.
Have had good reports and x-rays ever since.
For those who don't recall the whole story -
My son was 7 at the time and we were wrestling in the living room. He gave me a good one in the crown jewels and a couple weeks later I was still very sore. Go to my urologist on a Wednesday for a check, back to him on Friday for results, then getting put under at 7:30 Tuesday morning. Doctor said my son likely saved my life.
We have all dealt with a loved one or friend having cancer, but I can tell you, like many on this board, when a doctor looks you in the eye and says those words, it's pretty tough.
To those on here who are also survivors, congratulations.
I live a bit differently now. Things don't get me as fired up as before. And, I go by this Bible verse - Jeremiah 29:11; "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to help you not hurt you; plans to give you hope and a future."

Thanks again for letting me share.

OL

Last edited:
My son was 7 at the time and we were wrestling in the living room. He gave me a good one in the crown jewels and a couple weeks later I was still very sore. Go to my urologist on a Wednesday for a check, back to him on Friday for results, then getting put under at 7:30 Tuesday morning. Doctor said my son likely saved my life.
We have all dealt with a loved one or friend having cancer, but I can tell you, like many on this board, when a doctor looks you in the eye and says those words, it's pretty tough.
I live a bit differently now. Things don't get me as fired up as before. And, I go by this Bible verse - Jeremiah 29:11; "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to help you not hurt you; plans to give you hope and a future."

OL

That is excellent news.

OL
Congratulations. That is great news.

OL

Congratulations! I wish you continued peace and blessings! Especially the good health kind!

Cheers!

OL
That's great, I'm 7 years cancer free, bladder. I'm on the annual maintenance plan. Continued good luck.

Great news to hear you are doing well and for all the others who have kicked Cancer’s ass. 2 weeks ago I had to take the family back home for my uncle’s funeral. He unfortunately couldn’t beat his Brain cancer, he was 62. I wish all of you the best and a long and healthy life. Cancer really does keep things in perspective of what is important in life.

N
OL
OhioLion
Have had 3 cancer surgeries in last 24 maths one prostate two abdomen. Sitting in Duke Cancer Clinic as I type waiting for a CT scan. Congrats on your 12 years. I keep my fingers crossed.if I get a clear tonight I move from every 3 months to every 6 months.

OL

Reminds me of the KC Chiefs player who blasted the NFL ref.

Ref hit his head hard on the turf.

X-Rays showed cancer of the Lymphoma.

That hit, saved his life.

Reactions: brupsu
Been cancer free since November 2012. Left kidney. Was saved by, get this, a piece of popcorn. Had an attack of diverticulitis due to that. My GP, thank God, ordered a MRI and it turned up the growth. It was a slow growing thing so they only had to remove less than half the kidney. Odd that an organ can be partially removed and still be useful.

Congratulations! The news that you're clear almost makes up for the initial word that you have the stuff. My then eight-year-old son gave me a hand-written Father's Day card that said "I hope you can see me graduate from college." I don't think you ever see anything the same way, again; I definitely don't. It will be six years clean for me in June. It cost me a kidney, but I'm still standing.

Last edited:

OL
God bless

OhioLion
Have had 3 cancer surgeries in last 24 maths one prostate two abdomen. Sitting in Duke Cancer Clinic as I type waiting for a CT scan. Congrats on your 12 years. I keep my fingers crossed.if I get a clear tonight I move from every 3 months to every 6 months.
OhioLion
Wish you the best of luck and hope you get great news

Reactions: roswelllion

OL
Thank you, and the others who posted, for sharing your good news. It gives hope to those still battling. I am not, but I have a neighbor who is, and every time he hears a story of victory it lifts his spirits and renews his strength.

OL - It takes real balls to beat testicular cancer!

Seriously, a great post and great great news!

THANK YOU for sharing. I needed a smile today and you gave me a HUGE one.

I lost a good friend to cancer at 2AM this morning.....my 89 year old mother-in-law. Despite being divorced 22 years, we were still good friends and I still loved her. Fonzie and I had planned and arranged for a visit last Wed, but she took a turn for the worse early last week and we never got in that last visit. A rough day.....so again, THANK YOU for sharing. I always enjoy your posts, today’s was absolutely one of your very best! :)

Congratulations!!! Best of luck with your continued fight to kick cancers ass!

OhioLion

Prayers and good luck to you in your fight!!

OL

A sincere congratulations. I'm coming up on three years.

Glad to hear of your continued success! Mine was diagnosed at age 63 in January of 2011. In addition I had a heart attack in March, In July the PET CT showed no blossoms anywhere. It took me about three years to recover from everything. Sure does make you take stock of your life.

Reactions: OhioLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT