ADVERTISEMENT

It's a 3-way!! Division "J" Madonna - Pat Benatar - Carol King Vote for your fav!!

Who is better: Maddona - Pat Benatar - Carol King

• Maddona

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Pat

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Carol

Votes: 49 45.0%

• Total voters
I am not a huge fan of any of them but all had their hot streaks. Madonna was biggest star and most successful, but Carole King wrote a whole lot of music in the sixties for other artists to make huge hits. She gets my vote because writing is the most important and difficult part.

I am not a huge fan of any of them but all had their hot streaks. Madonna was biggest star and most successful, but Carole King wrote a whole lot of music in the sixties for other artists to make huge hits. She gets my vote because writing is the most important and difficult part.

What Ward Hog said. King is/was an exceptional songwriter, both quality and quantity.

Carol was the best true artist by far. The other two had sex appeal I suppose, but Carol was a great song writer, musician, singer.

I'm not sure if I'd pick Carol King or Pat Benatar but I sure as hell wouldn't pick Madonna. Madonna's true talent was in getting attention for the sake of getting attention, which made her ahead of her time, a sort of 80s Kardashian, but does any of her music stand up over time? I mean, a nice pop tune now and then is fine but tons of people have those. Does anyone put on old Madonna music and go "Wow, that was really good." I doubt it.

I didn't realize how much she wrote until I just now looked it up. Yes, she wrote lots of great tunes. Maybe there should be a separate competition for songwriters.

Yea she was/is amazing. I'm not sure people know who and for how long she wrote hit after hit for. I mean from Will you Still Love me Tomorrow for the Shirelles to Pleasant Valley Sunday for The Monkees she and her husband were a hit making machine. Not to mention that her album Tapestry is considered one of the all time greatest.

Last edited:
She made more money- but we're talking about music.
She was more successful in every way, shape and form. So other than your personal taste, not sure how you can judge the others as more successful or better.

Reactions: TheGLOV
In appreciation for Tin Pan Alley, it's Carol, all day!

Tapestry speaks for itself, but had to add a sampling of other songs she wrote and who sung:

Last edited:
This Goyim picks Carole King. Amazing songwriter.
images

She was more successful in every way, shape and form. So other than your personal taste, not sure how you can judge the others as more successful or better.
Well, she has more divorces than Pat, and fewer successful marriages

Don't care about the music but Madonna wins because of those bush pictures from Penthouse or wherever back in the day. She had a birds nest down there and I respect that.

Don't care about the music but Madonna wins because of those bush pictures from Penthouse or wherever back in the day. She had a birds nest down there and I respect that.
Unfortunately she had them under her arms too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT