ADVERTISEMENT

It would be nice if just one damn poster accurately cited CJF’s “graduation timetable”

stormingnorm

Aug 2, 2017
CJF never said - was never STOOPID enough to say - kids should graduate in 3 their third year.

What he said was (as cited in the link below)

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ademic-goals-for-Penn-State-players-28452879/

What he said was that it makes sense - and is a reasonable goal - to get them graduated in 3 1/2 years (ie, the middle of their Senior or RS Junior year)
Basically...... use the summer sessions to acquire the credits that would “normally” be the credits a regular student would earn in the Spring of his senior year.

The idea of getting kids graduated in the time frame that McGovern and Sanders will be here - unless they are Urschel Geniuses..... or are just being shoved through a Basket Weaving program - is ludicrous.

If 1 person out of 10 could cite that accurately..... it would be a Festivus Miracle!!!!

CJF never said - was never STOOPID enough to say - kids should graduate in 3 their third year.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ademic-goals-for-Penn-State-players-28452879/

What he said was that it makes sense - and is a reasonable goal - to get them graduated in 3 1/2 years (ie, the middle of their Senior or RS Junior year)
Basically...... use the summer sessions to acquire the credits that would “normally” be the credits a regular student would earn in the Spring of his senior year.

The idea of getting kids graduated in the time frame that McGovern and Sanders will be here - unless they are Urschel Geniuses..... or are just being shoved through a Basket Weaving program - is ludicrous.

If 1 person out of 10 could cite that accurately..... it would be a Festivus Miracle!!!!
Thanks Barry

TY.

You’re probably right.

By the end of football season - especially after this week’s game - my “stoopid” detector sensitivity setting is probably overly amplified.
Barry, do you want to hold my hand as I hold yours and try to pass a painful kidney stone together. Just asking. :(

Good night, have work in the morning after 10 days off.

Here is something you might want to try.
For my kidney stones the Nephrologist gave me a prescription for a couple of medications that raises the PH of your urine which over time dissolves the kidney stones. I also drink Crystal Light Lemonade each day which helps do the same thing.
I had two huge stones which were going to require surgery but within a year they totally dissolved. No pain, no bleeding, better kidney function now.
Hope you feel better soon, passing a stone is miserable.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and TheGLOV
Kidney stones require 3 things, a copious amount of water, a ten mile stretch of pothole filled dirt road that you can travel back and forth on for as long as it takes, and a whole lot of swearing. Truth be told, it is the swearing that gets you through.

Here is something you might want to try.
For my kidney stones the Nephrologist gave me a prescription for a couple of medications that raises the PH of your urine which over time dissolves the kidney stones. I also drink Crystal Light Lemonade each day which helps do the same thing.
I had two huge stones which were going to require surgery but within a year they totally dissolved. No pain, no bleeding, better kidney function now.
Hope you feel better soon, passing a stone is miserable.

Please, kind sir, what where the medications (2) that were prescribed to you?

I have stones as well and they are getting bigger. And yes, the discomfort is growing ever so slightly.

Thank you!

TY. You’re probably right.
By the end of football season - especially after this week’s game - my “stoopid” detector sensitivity setting is probably overly amplified.
LOL - Barry, I suggest you try the following:
1) If you don't drink, START!
2) If you do drink, try to limit your consumption to NOT MORE THAN one quart of bourbon per 24 hour period!
3) If you aren't getting laid, START (use Ziggy's "whatever it takes" approach as you ease back into this arena and forget your pride for the short term)
4) If your are getting laid (even if you're banging cocktail waitresses 2 at a time like Fredo), increase the frequency to NOT LESS THAN 3 releases per 24 hour period.​
These measures always get my "bullshit/stoopid" detector calibrated within one week. Please report back, we are here to support you.
Alternatively, buy a few "wife beaters" that have this imprinted on the front...

DTFbsWmXcAAxtK2.jpg

Last edited:
LOL - Barry, I suggest you try the following:
1) If you don't drink, START!
2) If you do drink, try to limit your consumption to NOT MORE THAN one quart of bourbon per 24 hour period!
3) If you aren't getting laid, START (use Ziggy's "whatever it takes" approach as you ease back into this arena and forget your pride for the short term)
4) If your are getting laid (even if you're banging cocktail waitresses 2 at a time like Fredo), increase the frequency to NOT LESS THAN 3 releases per 24 hour period.​
These measures always get my "bullshit/stoopid" detector calibrated within one week. Please report back, we are here to support you.
Alternatively, buy a few "wife beaters" that have this imprinted on the front...

DTFbsWmXcAAxtK2.jpg
Thanks Ziggy, seemed Barry was so jacked up the past week or two, the first thought the came to mind was he might be trying to passing a stone.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Please, kind sir, what where the medications (2) that were prescribed to you?

I have stones as well and they are getting bigger. And yes, the discomfort is growing ever so slightly.

Thank you!

My kidney stones were predominantly made up of Uric Acid. Stones can also be Calcium based. Most stones have a bit of both but I think Uric Acid stones are the most common.
So the first med I started on was known as Urocit-K which is known in the pharmacy as Potassium Citrate and the dose is 10meq SA Tab, one tab four times a day. I take two twice a day. I hate swallowing pills.
After 6 months of the above I added in Sodium Bicarbonate and the dose is 650mg Tab, two tabs three times a day. I take three tabs twice a day.
Both are designed to raise the PH of the urine which over the course of a year dissolved two stones, each the size of a marble, and they both were in one kidney. So trying to get them dissolved is a worth-while project.
A home remedy would be a quart of Crystal Light Lemonade with baking soda dissolved in a glass of it a few times a day. But see a Urologist or a Nephrologist to have it done right, they will do a scan to see what is in there size wise, and monitor the meds with blood work, 24 hr. urine collections for analysis and periodic appointments. Good luck with your program.

At the pep rally , IIRC, 12 graduating seniors and around 24 degrees total . Handing them out like Bro Cope and a religious tract.

Thanks Ziggy, seemed Barry was so jacked up the past week or two, the first thought the came to mind was he might be trying to passing a stone.
So, now you have provoked me to share my one and only one kidney stone story. I was at work and it first appeared as a little bit of a belly ache. The ache moved around a little bit and I thought a visit to the throne would resolve the issue and I could get on with the afternoon. No productivity on the throne.

Went back into my office and felt uncomfortable enough to begin sweating. Then progressively more uncomfortable till the sweat became profuse and the pain in my abdomen became unbearable. I managed to get myself down to street level because I was experiencing something pain like never before in my life and felt that an ambulance ride was coming. Called a colleague and he called 911 immediately after rushing to the downstairs conference room and seeing my condition.

Ambulance drivers were powerless to assist me except commenting on my excessive heart rate and profuse level of sweat. I envisioned a doctor at Allegheny General using a machete to remove 2 or more vital organs and being bedbound for the balance of my life. When we arrived at AG, the nurses took one look at me and said "kidney stone". Our Warehouse Supervisor provided the same diagnosis to everyone in the office because he has been through it before.

It took a lot of Morphine to get the pain to subside and I became acutely aware of the depth of the Opiod crisis while in the AG ER. I later learned that the excruciating pain is due to the water pressure that builds up when the stone blocks the path out of your body for liquids. GOD AWFUL PAIN!!!!

My kidney stones were predominantly made up of Uric Acid. Stones can also be Calcium based. Most stones have a bit of both but I think Uric Acid stones are the most common.
So the first med I started on was known as Urocit-K which is known in the pharmacy as Potassium Citrate and the dose is 10meq SA Tab, one tab four times a day. I take two twice a day. I hate swallowing pills.
After 6 months of the above I added in Sodium Bicarbonate and the dose is 650mg Tab, two tabs three times a day. I take three tabs twice a day.
Both are designed to raise the PH of the urine which over the course of a year dissolved two stones, each the size of a marble, and they both were in one kidney. So trying to get them dissolved is a worth-while project.
A home remedy would be a quart of Crystal Light Lemonade with baking soda dissolved in a glass of it a few times a day. But see a Urologist or a Nephrologist to have it done right, they will do a scan to see what is in there size wise, and monitor the meds with blood work, 24 hr. urine collections for analysis and periodic appointments. Good luck with your program.
This is outstanding data for those interested. Thanks for sharing! You're info agrees with what I have learned. I had the more common type and learned that a diet heavy on nuts and tea can be a major contributor.

In my office on that fateful day, I had 1 unopened and 1 half-eaten 5 lb. bag of walnuts and 2 cases of Diet Snapple under my credenza. They were dispatched to the training room for public consumption. I have not had a problem since but I have limited nuts dramatically and only drink Arnold Palmers when I feel like an iced tea.

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

This is outstanding data for those interested. Thanks for sharing! You're info agrees with what I have learned. I had the more common type and learned that a diet heavy on nuts and tea can be a major contributor.

In my office on that fateful day, I had 1 unopened and 1 half-eaten 5 lb. bag of walnuts and 2 cases of Diet Snapple under my credenza. They were dispatched to the training room for public consumption. I have not had a problem since but I have limited nuts dramatically and only drink Arnold Palmers when I feel like an iced tea.

Just curious what is it about / in the tea and nuts that contributes to kidney stones? I luckily have not had stones and hoping that I will be lucky not to. As I am closer to 50 than I am 40, I’m becoming much more aware of these medical discussions on this board and among my friends.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Just curious what is it about / in the tea and nuts that contributes to kidney stones? I luckily have not had stones and hoping that I will be lucky not to. As I am closer to 50 than I am 40, I’m becoming much more aware of these medical discussions on this board and among my friends.

Just wait for your first colonoscopy!

Good times for sure....then every 5 years after that!

:eek::D:eek:

Reactions: Rollin Stone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT