ADVERTISEMENT

It was depressing to watch the Lott IMPACT Trophy Awards Banquet last night

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I absolutely hate Ohio State. Then I watch Joshua Perry talk. What an impressive young man. How am I supposed to hate a team when I see kids like this? I guess I'm just going to have to convince myself that he's the exception and not the rule at OSU.

Congratulations to Carl Nassib from Walk-On U (the next best school to PSU). Definitely the feel good story of the year for PSU, picking up where Sam Ficken left off last year.

Reactions: fairgambit
I absolutely hate Ohio State. Then I watch Joshua Perry talk. What an impressive young man. How am I supposed to hate a team when I see kids like this? I guess I'm just going to have to convince myself that he's the exception and not the rule at OSU.

Congratulations to Carl Nassib from Walk-On U (the next best school to PSU). Definitely the feel good story of the year for PSU, picking up where Sam Ficken left off last year.
Is it being rebroadcast? I would like to see it.

Agreed. Joshua Perry's a great rep for OSU. In fact, he was the SA chosen to give the speech at Big Ten Media Days. He and Carl Nassib are outstanding ambassadors for intercollegiate athletics.

One of the things I've noticed here over the years is the recurring idea that we have a monopoly on intelligent, well spoken football players. We do not. We may have more than a lot of other schools, but every school gets a share. Although it's difficult when it comes to an OSU, or a Michigan, or a Pitt, we need to accept, and acknowledge, excellence, regardless of the source.

Exactly. You realize Perry is an aberration and then you continue hating Tosu.

:)

I DVRed this on Monday and the recording ended just before they announced Carl as the winner! Of course, I already knew he won but I wanted to see his reaction and acceptance speech.

One of the things I've noticed here over the years is the recurring idea that we have a monopoly on intelligent, well spoken football players. We do not. We may have more than a lot of other schools, but every school gets a share. Although it's difficult when it comes to an OSU, or a Michigan, or a Pitt, we need to accept, and acknowledge, excellence, regardless of the source.

Even Rutgers?!?! :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Even Rutgers?!?! :eek::confused::rolleyes:
Even Rutgers.
sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-e.gif~c200

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT