ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like A.J. Burnett return is iminent.

PSU-Knocker

Jun 4, 2013
"The Pirates determined his next step after a meeting Sunday with Burnett, manager Clint Hurdle and general manager Neal Huntington, but they declined to make it public.

We just have to have some conversations with those that are impacted by it,” Huntington said. ‘Those will take place over the next day or so.”

If he has no pain, this could be great news for the Pirates.

"The Pirates determined his next step after a meeting Sunday with Burnett, manager Clint Hurdle and general manager Neal Huntington, but they declined to make it public.

We just have to have some conversations with those that are impacted by it,” Huntington said. ‘Those will take place over the next day or so.”

Right now this team can compete with anyone in the playoffs and Burnett makes us even stronger.

Right now this team can compete with anyone in the playoffs and Burnett makes us even stronger.
You listening/watching today? Three errors, down 3-0, and not hitting at all. A loss will put them at 2-5 in the Division for September. Pretty much on track with divisional play this year with many still to be played.

Reactions: cavic
You listening/watching today? Three errors, down 3-0, and not hitting at all. A loss will put them at 2-5 in the Division for September. Pretty much on track with divisional play this year with many still to be played.
No. I am holding firm to my pledge to never watch another Pirate game that Locke pitches. I am absolutely serious. Playoffs, World Series, I don't care. Just looking at the guy makes me sick. He is as close to an automatic loss as there is in baseball.

Locke has been ok, however, this team can make a mediocre pitcher look like an all star. It happens time after time!!!

4 errors is all you need to know!!!
I've decided that the problem with the Pirates is that they think they're better than they actually are. They play teams like the Reds and Brewers and think they can just walk on the field and win. How else do you explain the total lack of focus they show from time to time, the dancing around in the dugout before games, laughing in the dugout when behind, etc. It's particularly irksome at this time of the season.

Cubs are up 3-0 vs Cards. May close to within two of the Bucs for top WC and the Pirates blow yet another chance to gain ground on the Cards. This is why they don't win divisional titles. Just not good enough when they have to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mixolydian
Third in the Division is imminent too. How do you start Rodriguez at SS? I get that he wanted to ride a hot bat in Rodriguez, but it was that important to get Snider a start in LF? Ramirez has been your best run producer over last 30 games and he sits 3 out of 4 games? Honestly WTF?

Reactions: nits74
Third in the Division is imminent too. How do you start Rodriguez at SS? I get that he wanted to ride a hot bat in Rodriguez, but it was that important to get Snider a start in LF? Ramirez has been your best run producer over last 30 games and he sits 3 out of 4 games? Honestly WTF?
And he gets picked off at first in the 9th. This team's baseball IQ is just abysmal.

I really like Clint Hurdle as a manager but I don't understand why he babies the players with constant days off. They are young men making millions of dollars a year. They have all winter to rest up. The best 8 players should be on the field every day. Marte had another day off today. The Pirate players are starting to remind me of Obama.

Locke should be pitching at Altoona. Burnett should be given a shot of novocaine and a handful of advils and should have been pitching for the past month. He is making $9 million this year and has the rest of his life to rest up. Hurdle is treating him like he's a 25-year old with hid career ahead of him. Burnett should give Sandy Koufax a call and find out what a professional major league pitcher is really like.

I've decided that the problem with the Pirates is that they think they're better than they actually are. They play teams like the Reds and Brewers and think they can just walk on the field and win. How else do you explain the total lack of focus they show from time to time, the dancing around in the dugout before games, laughing in the dugout when behind, etc. It's particularly irksome at this time of the season.

Cubs are up 3-0 vs Cards. May close to within two of the Bucs for top WC and the Pirates blow yet another chance to gain ground on the Cards. This is why they don't win divisional titles. Just not good enough when they have to be.
But they are better than they actually are.:confused:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT