ADVERTISEMENT

It is time for the BOT to put back up the statue of Joe.

walleye38

Jul 29, 2003
He has all his victory's back, he was a complete asset to Penn State. He has been cleared by the NCAA. Penn State was his life. There is only 1 guilty person , and that is Jerry Sandusky. No one else. Time for the BOT to realize this.

It ain’t ever going to happen in my opinion. If we were printing national titles, all time donor support, and had an all time enrollment (especially out of state) like Bama, they still would not put it back up. Unfortunately.

They have to win back some of the old school big donors for any chance, but time is ticking due to age.

Reactions: Kiber
He has all his victory's back, he was a complete asset to Penn State. He has been cleared by the NCAA. Penn State was his life. There is only 1 guilty person , and that is Jerry Sandusky. No one else. Time for the BOT to realize this.

You either have courage and integrity or you don't. "Our?" BOT will never even smell courage nor ever exhibit integrity.

You either have courage and integrity or you don't. "Our?" BOT will never even smell courage nor ever exhibit integrity.

The OGBOT won't/can't allow their egos to publicly admit they were wrong. Lack of true service leadership there, with Barron not having the guts to show the way.

I think the answer is in doing something privately, downtown, as others say. Coordinate with the Paterno family. I'd love to see them do this, and then designate the profits back to the Paterno Fellows program on campus, just to remind us all who the bigger people are in this saga.

The bot trotted Dambly out to opine on Paterno's moral failing. One guilty person? Not in my view, more like 33 plus all the scumbags since then.

1 - Sandusky is clearly innocent. Malcolm Gladwell’s book (while years behind Ziegler’s work) clearly blows apart the absurd narrative.

2 - Penn State University isn’t worthy of having a statue of Joe.

1 - Sandusky is clearly innocent. Malcolm Gladwell’s book (while years behind Ziegler’s work) clearly blows apart the absurd narrative.

2 - Penn State University isn’t worthy of having a statue of Joe.
Are you ****ing kidding me?

a clearly innocent person isn’t convicted by a jury of his peers. Unless the word “clearly” is one that you don’t understand...

Reactions: WHCANole

a clearly innocent person isn’t convicted by a jury of his peers. Unless the word “clearly” is one that you don’t understand...

Im not arguing that Sandusky is innocent. I don’t know enough to make that claim. But it has happened many times throughout history that an innocent man was found guilty then later it became “clear” he truly was innocent.

After spending more than 100 million on attorney's, consultants, claimant settlements and The Freeh Fairy Tale....do you think Tsar Ira the Terrible is going to budge? The OGBOT were/are willing to spend every dollar PSU has, had or will have to continue the narrative.

If a clearly guilty person can be found innocent, then a clearly innocent person can be found guilty. It’s an imperfect system.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The BOT realized this from the beginning, but the truth didn't fit their agenda. That's why they hired Louis Freeh. They were in collusion with the NCAA and the OAG. They wanted NCAA sanctions and they wanted Joe blamed for them. They wanted you and me to "move on"!

Being convicted by a jury doesn't mean shit in this case unless you're completely stupid

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Im not arguing that Sandusky is innocent. I don’t know enough to make that claim. But it has happened many times throughout history that an innocent man was found guilty then later it became “clear” he truly was innocent.

Thousands have been cleared in the last decade by DNA evidence alone. Where has Maxxedout been... unless his post is sarcasm.

Now that’s funny, and the OJ jury got it right too right? JS was convicted in the media before his sham of a trial ever even started. There was a 0% chance he would receive anything resembling a fair trial in the midst of the hysteria of late 2011-2012 in central PA, even someone whose accusers were as obviously fraudulent as Sandusky’s are. Anyone who has looked at this case with an open mind and no agenda agrees it is a total farce.

It’s a magnet for controversy, Forget the statue but do something else which would have the same permanent impact and include the great players and teams he coached.

Zero chance that PSU will ever do this. Best chance is to put it inside the sports museum but no chance they will place it outside the stadium.

It’s a magnet for controversy, Forget the statue but do something else which would have the same permanent impact and include the great players and teams he coached.

I don’t give a shit about controversy because I have no respect for anyone furthering a lie, but I like your suggestion since the statue was not a good likeness.

Reactions: seminnylion
I'd rather a real smoking gun come out linking the BOT to the sabotage of PSU athletics. Not the fake ones that the A9 have tried to make us believe.

I think there are better options to honor Joe then putting that dumb statue back up. It was never a good representation of what he was about.

Reactions: Nitwit
The OGBOT won't/can't allow their egos to publicly admit they were wrong. Lack of true service leadership there, with Barron not having the guts to show the way.

I think the answer is in doing something privately, downtown, as others say. Coordinate with the Paterno family. I'd love to see them do this, and then designate the profits back to the Paterno Fellows program on campus, just to remind us all who the bigger people are in this saga.
What would make a difference, if this is possible, is for donors (big and small) to publicly direct donations that would have gone to PSU to the Paterno Fellows Program and Thon.

Reactions: Nitwit and Bob78
Now that’s funny, and the OJ jury got it right too right? JS was convicted in the media before his sham of a trial ever even started. There was a 0% chance he would receive anything resembling a fair trial in the midst of the hysteria of late 2011-2012 in central PA, even someone whose accusers were as obviously fraudulent as Sandusky’s are. Anyone who has looked at this case with an open mind and no agenda agrees it is a total farce.
Don’t know if Sandusky is guilty or not, but you are incredibly sheltered and naive if you think that juries don’t convict innocent people, especially in cases like this where the prevailing public sentiment is hang-em high. Nobody wants to be the person who lets an accused child rapist, or accomplice to same go. Some of the jurors in Spanier’s trial admitted as much. Get of your fake high horse.

We’ll see where and how much big donations come in for the stadium renovation. Maybe demand for the statue or some other remembrance of Paterno for the cash will change the status.

Um, that’s my point, juries do convict innocent people, even without the media firestorm, therefore saying Sandusky is guilty because he was convicted is dumb. Not sure how that wasn't clear to you.

Don’t know if Sandusky is guilty or not, but you are incredibly sheltered and naive if you think that juries don’t convict innocent people, especially in cases like this where the prevailing public sentiment is hang-em high. Nobody wants to be the person who lets an accused child rapist, or accomplice to same go. Some of the jurors in Spanier’s trial admitted as much. Get of your fake high horse.

Whether or not the Statue was ugly or something Joe didn't care for, it was a slap in the face to all Penn State to remove it.

Especially on the orders of some fat bastard who had no jurisdiction and the cowardly manner in which it was done.

With the advice of a bot member that had heard about prior allegations against Sandusky and did nothing. I'm looking at you Paul Suhey, to say nothing of the other bot members who also knew (Lubert, Frazier, etc.).

Reactions: denniskembala
Of course. And they can rationalize inaction by saying that trying to change the narrative would hurt the university

The only thing hurting the University now is their apathy towards changing the narrative. Some simple movements in the proper direction would start to fill in the chasm between the school and those who feel alienated by the BoT. Fundraising would be less difficult. I can’t believe those idiots still think the world would care if they renamed a street next to the stadium Joe Paterno Way. It would get a small amount of attention. That’s it.

A simple line in the sand. Point out that Paterno’s actions were in line with what he should have done. And in fact are the model for the current NCAA handbook. So it’s time to polish the tarnish off his name.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: The statue needs to be placed in whatever room the bot meets in. When they are not in session it should be displayed in Old Main.

Reactions: denniskembala
The only thing hurting the University now is their apathy towards changing the narrative. Some simple movements in the proper direction would start to fill in the chasm between the school and those who feel alienated by the BoT. Fundraising would be less difficult. I can’t believe those idiots still think the world would care if they renamed a street next to the stadium Joe Paterno Way. It would get a small amount of attention. That’s it.

A simple line in the sand. Point out that Paterno’s actions were in line with what he should have done. And in fact are the model for the current NCAA handbook. So it’s time to polish the tarnish off his name.
We have a situation where a raft of shitrags are adamantly opposed to admitting to the assholes they were/are.

Our governance is out of control .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT