ADVERTISEMENT

It has begun . . . PS4RS will NOT endorse candidates in the upcoming BoT election

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
Seven years removed from the first Penn State alumni trustee election (2012) that was influenced by the formation of Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship, we are both proud and dissatisfied in the impact of our efforts. Having democratically removed all nine of the 2012 incumbent alumni-elected trustees over a three-year period, we are proud that an engaged alumni community rallied to replace them with those whose overarching commitment has been to truth and transparency. Collectively since 2012, alumni-elected trustees have pressured the NCAA, fought for governance reform, exposed the university’s false Sandusky narrative, challenged internal conflicts of interest, and most recently, petitioned the court to review the evidentiary basis of the Freeh Report’s conclusions in an effort to have it formally repealed. We are disappointed because, since 2012, inside the boardroom, those alumni-elected trustees – in their quest for truth and transparency -- have been marginalized, stonewalled and excluded, further illuminating gross deficiencies in Penn State’s governance. Alumni-elected trustees were nine of 30 voting members back in 2012. Today, they are nine of 36. No matter how important – or righteous – their stance, it is a sobering reality that they lack the leverage to rectify the disastrous consequences of the 2011/12 board’s crisis mismanagement. It is even more disheartening that newer trustees – business and industry, agriculture, at-large -- have been unwilling to address the immoral and unethical board decisions related to the Sandusky crisis that have unnecessarily cost Penn State more than a half billion dollars and immeasurable reputational harm. As we look toward our eighth trustee election since the Sandusky scandal, we are confident that alumni are united in selecting individuals who will continue to work to complete our unfinished business. We’ve all been through the process enough times to know who is working for truth and transparency and who is not; therefore, we will not be endorsing candidates in 2019. PS4RS will, however, continue its watchdog role, and work to compel our state lawmakers, recognizing that they have the ability and authority to repair Penn State’s unhealthy, cloistered governance that had, for decades, operated unchallenged before our awakening in 2012.

I will not be voting in the upcoming BOT election, or in any future Penn State elections. I will not waste my time. Nothing of substance changes. The war has been lost. The bad guys won. I am finally moving on. My only continuing ties to Penn State are the friends I made there and this board. I have my diploma and my memories. For me, that is enough.

Seven years removed from the first Penn State alumni trustee election (2012) that was influenced by the formation of Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship, we are both proud and dissatisfied in the impact of our efforts. Having democratically removed all nine of the 2012 incumbent alumni-elected trustees over a three-year period, we are proud that an engaged alumni community rallied to replace them with those whose overarching commitment has been to truth and transparency. Collectively since 2012, alumni-elected trustees have pressured the NCAA, fought for governance reform, exposed the university’s false Sandusky narrative, challenged internal conflicts of interest, and most recently, petitioned the court to review the evidentiary basis of the Freeh Report’s conclusions in an effort to have it formally repealed. We are disappointed because, since 2012, inside the boardroom, those alumni-elected trustees – in their quest for truth and transparency -- have been marginalized, stonewalled and excluded, further illuminating gross deficiencies in Penn State’s governance. Alumni-elected trustees were nine of 30 voting members back in 2012. Today, they are nine of 36. No matter how important – or righteous – their stance, it is a sobering reality that they lack the leverage to rectify the disastrous consequences of the 2011/12 board’s crisis mismanagement. It is even more disheartening that newer trustees – business and industry, agriculture, at-large -- have been unwilling to address the immoral and unethical board decisions related to the Sandusky crisis that have unnecessarily cost Penn State more than a half billion dollars and immeasurable reputational harm. As we look toward our eighth trustee election since the Sandusky scandal, we are confident that alumni are united in selecting individuals who will continue to work to complete our unfinished business. We’ve all been through the process enough times to know who is working for truth and transparency and who is not; therefore, we will not be endorsing candidates in 2019. PS4RS will, however, continue its watchdog role, and work to compel our state lawmakers, recognizing that they have the ability and authority to repair Penn State’s unhealthy, cloistered governance that had, for decades, operated unchallenged before our awakening in 2012.
You fools will carry this crusade to your graves. I don't like what or the way it happened but IT IS TIME TO MOVE TO MORE CONSTRUCTIVE INITIATIVES!

Neither will I.

Reactions: fairgambit
You fools will carry this crusade to your graves. I don't like what or the way it happened but IT IS TIME TO MOVE TO MORE CONSTRUCTIVE INITIATIVES!

You let me know when any of the trustees that we elected do anything.
Only thing I see is the chair changing the rules and rigging the elections to keep the current
thieves and liars in charge.

PS4RS has made zero impact for 7 years running. That organization may as well voluntarily disband.

I will not be voting in the upcoming BOT election, or in any future Penn State elections. I will not waste my time. Nothing of substance changes. The war has been lost. The bad guys won. I am finally moving on. My only continuing ties to Penn State are the friends I made there and this board. I have my diploma and my memories. For me, that is enough.

Sadly, I am right with you. For me, Penn State is nothing more than a football program. Evil people have been allowed to succeed and there is no one to do anything about it. I no longer care. Just play football.

PS4RS has made zero impact for 7 years running. That organization may as well voluntarily disband.

oh thank God, the voice of reason finally spoke

giphy.gif

Sadly, I am right with you. For me, Penn State is nothing more than a football program. Evil people have been allowed to succeed and there is no one to do anything about it. I no longer care. Just play football.

It really is ironic how this turned out. They accused us and Penn State about being "all about the football team" and our "culture" and nothing else, even though many gave money and cared about other things that were going on at Penn State.
Now, at least for me, its Fthem and go team. Well congrats that won...I guess.

oh thank God, the voice of reason finally spoke

giphy.gif

If you disagree with me, please list out PS4RS' 3 greatest accomplishments in the 2012-2018 era.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S., I look forward to somebody saying that being responsible for Al Lord's ascension to the BoT is an "accomplishment.")

Reactions: m.knox
One of my guilty pleasures is watching the Leah Remini show on Scientology. Scientology is evil IMO but they are very good at wearing out their enemies, including the IRS

They do this by targeting individuals (such as individual IRS agents) -- not organizations -- and making those people's lives miserable

Given the power imbalance, the only real shot PS4RS had was taking the fight to individuals, especially hypersensitive ones like Dandrea

They started an attack campaign on Peetz and then abandoned it almost immediately. I guess they decided they had a conscience, for better or for worse

The war could have been won, but our side would have had to become monsters to defeat monsters

Would it have been worth it? That's something each of us is left wondering. I know Joe would have said no

This is why I have not donated a dime since the Fall of 2011 and unfortunately, tell the kids who call pimping for $$.
Those in charge of the university don't give a sh*t so neither do I. I'll watch FB games on TV and attend the occasional game, but I refuse to support an institution that refuses to stand up for itself or even acknowledge the truth, let alone fight for it.

Like a few have said. Stop giving money. I just got another plea for more money this week with the title ohio state has more members, we are losing. F-off

It really is ironic how this turned out. They accused us and Penn State about being "all about the football team" and our "culture" and nothing else, even though many gave money and cared about other things that were going on at Penn State.
Now, at least for me, its Fthem and go team. Well congrats that won...I guess.
I've said that all along. By handling the scandal in the manner they did, they being PSU and the NCAA, they made this more about football than it ever was in the first place.

They are not marginalized...… they are stone-cold inert.

(That is not to say they wouldn't be "out-voted" IF they DID ever attempt to do their jobs. They most likely would have been. But we will never know.)

I always enjoy the posts of a guy who:

endlessly trashes PS4RS
supported an outlier candidate who had the support of the OG BOT and voted for the OG BOT when the time came
supported the same candidate when she alienated the A7
no longer on speaking terms with said candidate

but he has that "good governance" thing down better than the rest of us

Not voting in the nomination process and general election is giving up the opportunity to choose alumni elected trustees. About 3 or 4 years after the scandal, the number of nominations needed to get on the final ballot was raised from 50 to 250 nominations. If alumni do not vote in the nomination process to get enough candidates on the ballot, that is a more dangerous path.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY

Sadly, you echo my sentiments.

Not voting in the nomination process and general election is giving up the opportunity to choose alumni elected trustees. About 3 or 4 years after the scandal, the number of nominations needed to get on the final ballot was raised from 50 to 250 nominations. If alumni do not vote in the nomination process to get enough candidates on the ballot, that is a more dangerous path.
Why is it more dangerous? The alumni trustees have zero influence. Functionally, they don't exist.

Why is it more dangerous? The alumni trustees have zero influence. Functionally, they don't exist.
As long is there is a seat at the table, there is opportunity to influence in one way or another. I don't agree with giving up that opportunity.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Are they planning to spend even more the posting cute pictures of squirrels?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT