ADVERTISEMENT

Is Miles Sanders better than Saquon?

Seems like it’s trending that way
Plays on a better team.....unfortunately SB's talents are never going to be featured with my beloved Giants. Best thing will be if they cut him lose and he ends up with a team that has a good QB.

SMH Maybe playing on different teams makes a difference.
Aren't the Giants suppose be better then the Eagles? Weren't they better last year too?

We love 26, but injuries take their toll on you, it's very possible 26 has had that happen to him. I will wait until later this year to totally make this call, but it's possible.

Reactions: bdgan
Aren't the Giants suppose be better then the Eagles? Weren't they better last year too?

We love 26, but injuries take their toll on you, it's very possible 26 has had that happen to him. I will wait until later this year to totally make this call, but it's possible.
That was last year. Who knows today.

And by stat, Eagles Line is worst..

Gallman ran pretty good behind that line, didn't he avg 5 YPC in limited time last season.

26 has had 2 pretty serious injuries.
Sacks are but one measure. This ranking of Olines has Giants dead last at 32. Eagles at 13. Not even close.

Reactions: garywpetersen

The Giants are pathetically bad and have been for a while now. Bad OLine, bad QB….hard to judge the talent of any of the backs and receivers.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Did defenses stack the box against Gallman to stop him from running like they do Barkley?

(Legit question. I don't know the answer)

Another ranking. Giants again dead last at 32. Eagles at 17 in this one.

This is projection.. Sacks is a good measure. Last year Eagles had a putrid line, gall man had better success then Saquon did, but keep drinking the kool aid. Saquon is not the same talent when he was drafted. ACL tear does that.

Pre injury Saquon? Hell no. —Post injury? We’re about to find out
No question, Saquon was great and better, right now in 2021, I would much rather have Miles behind whatever line and honestly it's not close IMO.

No question, Saquon was great and better, right now in 2021, I would much rather have Miles behind whatever line and honestly it's not close IMO.
Easy to say without seeing what Barkley could do behind another line. With a good OLine, I don’t know if there’s any back I would take over Barkley. But with the Giants OLine, I would have a lineup of expendable backs because none are going to do much and some will get hurt.

Did defenses stack the box against Gallman to stop him from running like they do Barkley?

(Legit question. I don't know the answer)
I watched the game but didn’t really pay that close attention when Barkley was out, but I did see one play where Denver had eight in the box crowding the line and Booker (not Gallman) was in and they still handed off to him up the middle, loss of one. There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of changing the play by Jones so no matter who the RB is, they’re screwed in many situations. That’s one thing Manning did….he changed plays a lot and it gave Barkley more room. Had Jones been the QB when Barkley was a rookie, he wouldn’t have had close to the kind of season he had.

Barkley was not the most consistent back at PSU either, and most blamed it on the offensive scheme. Now in NY. At some point the fact that Sanders has been more consistent from his senior year and a couple years in the pros might just be what it is. Once he got out of the mindset that he could outrun quality defenders to the corner he became very efficient.

Barkley was not the most consistent back at PSU either, and most blamed it on the offensive scheme. Now in NY. At some point the fact that Sanders has been more consistent from his senior year and a couple years in the pros might just be what it is. Once he got out of the mindset that he could outrun quality defenders to the corner he became very efficient.
Barkley was working on being more consistent when he got hurt. He was moving ahead to get at least a couple yards (he did it today too). Problem is he doesn’t get any openings.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Maybe. Saquon doesn't seem to just hit the holes or spots on runs. Too much stutter stepping or change of directions.

I'm not a coach

Maybe. Saquon doesn't seem to just hit the holes or spots on runs. Too much stutter stepping or change of directions.

I'm not a coach
He doesn’t do the stutter stepping as much any more, so it’s more that there aren’t any holes. I’m convinced the biggest problem is that the defense has a pretty good idea when they’re going to run and Jones never changes the play. Much of Barkley’s success early on resulted from Eli’s intelligence and ability to check down to a better play.

I wouldn’t say better, but definitely different. Saquon Barkley is an entertaining RB where Miles Sanders is an all around tougher back. Unless you have a star studded offensive line a back like Barkley will not do well. A more physical back like Sanders will have more success and in my humble opinion more value long term. When SB was drafted by the Giants I actually felt bad for him. I wanted to see him fo to a team like the Saints or Colts.

I’m an Eagles fan and I’d take Saquon behind this healthy Eagles OL in a heartbeat.

Barkley is finding his legs again after an ACL tear. It’s going to take him several games to do that.

Miles also had the benefit of coming out of college with a lot less "miles on his tires," so to speak; less than 300 carries at PSU compared to almost 700 for SB.
Don't know if that will translate to a longer NFL career - time will tell. By any measure I think they're both very good NFL running backs with both, at times, showing flashes of brilliance.

I’m an Eagles fan and I’d take Saquon behind this healthy Eagles OL in a heartbeat.

Barkley is finding his legs again after an ACL tear. It’s going to take him several games to do that.

This. You put Barkley behind the good healthy line like the Eagles and he will be running all over the place. If the Giants line was any good, Barkley would be awesome. I think the other thing with Sanders doing well is that the Eagles have more talent on the offense then the Giants do. I would love to see what Barkley would do in the Eagles backfield.

Reactions: WestSideLion

They didn't stack the for box Sanders like they did for SaSa and that didn't help Trace in the passing game but this is different discussion. We also go rid of MoJo brutally slow version of the read option after he left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT