ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa the best team in the nation? nfm

Yes. Have to be considered favorites for both BIGs and NC. But anything can

happen come tourney time.*

Re: Yes. Have to be considered favorites for both BIGs and NC. But anything can

I believe Ohio State is a strong challenger in a tournament .

Re: Yes. Have to be considered favorites for both BIGs and NC. But anything can

don't think Iowa is as strong a tournament team as they are a dual meet team, just don't see them scoring the bonus points needed to win it all. I would put oh state ahead of them

Agree, tournament team I think scares me the most is Ohio State. They have some bonus point machines and that is a killer come tournament time.

I predict that osu wins b1gs in c-bus. not sure about st. Louis, though, good a shot as anyone, including psu with altons in the lineup.

I would say that they probably are the best team in the nation. That said, there is certainly no team that is overpowering this season and the margin between Iowa and tOSU, or Minny is quite razor thin.

I'd say Iowa is the favorite this year, but it's by a hair, only.

The Hawks have been a good dual team this year so far.
Have to agree though if Ohio State gets healthy in nationals and big ten they have the guys that will get bonus points.
Both Stieblers and Jordan .
Hoping that perhaps some or your guys will knock some of the "tan boys" for us.
The meet today was good to watch give credit to your AD and Cael for putting on the great show this is what wrestling needs nice big crowds the lights and stage. People want entertainment and they got today.
Good luck rest of season just please don't knock us out of it.
smile.r191677.gif

This will be an interesting final few weeks.

Iowa has the deepest lineup in the country. They'll probably have the most All-Americans. However, only Telford, Evans, and maybe Sorenson and Gilman have much of a shot of reaching the finals -- and none will be favored to win.

The Goofers will probably only qualify 9 -- with Brancale hurt, Lizak does not seem ready at 125. Ness looks like a champ. Chris Dardanes, Storley, and Schiller all could reach the finals. Nick Dardanes will finish top 4 behind Stieber, Port, and maybe Carter. Pfarr will also score. The team will get some bonus, especially Ness.

Stick a fork in Tanning Bed U. if Hunter Stieber and Tavanello aren't ready -- their backups aren't qualifying, let alone scoring. Logan Stieber should win and will pile up bonus points. Tomasello, Jordan, and Snyder should be high placers. After that, they're erratic, could be All-Americans, could flame out early. The Law of Average Officials will catch up with them.

tOSU reminds me a lot of PSU first championship under Sanderson. "Only" 5 (or 6 AAs), but they will score a bunch by placing high and bonus. The loss of Hunter Stieber really hurts them as they would be the clear favorite right now if he was healthy. Still, if they could get a couple low AAs from Courts and Demas, they will be really hard to beat.

Iowa has been projected to run away with things but a few of their guys have been overranked. Clark, Burak, Evans and Kelly will all be dropping after this weekend and I'm not sold on Sorenson making the finals despite his #1 status. That being said, they are still an extremely solid team and if they can get a couple guys in the finals they are going to be difficult to beat with potentially 8 AAs.

Minnesota needs a minor miracle. They were looking at potentially 5 finalist going into the season but right now two looks much more realistic (C. Dardanes & Ness) and even Ness looks vulnerable right now. Furthermore, I'm sure jammie would agree that the underclassmen just haven't developed as they had hoped making matters worse.

Maybe but Ohio State or Minny could be them in the NCAA tournament

I like Iowa in the Big but I'll take Ohio State in the NCAA

nfm

I just discovered that nfm means "no further mention". I always thought it meant "never ****ing mind".

At this point in time....Yes.

But the regular season has a way of masking the outcome in March.

Re: nfm

Originally posted by jammenz:
I just discovered that nfm means "no further mention". I always thought it meant "never ****ing mind".
At least your lesson didn't come with incident. I sent an email to my niece years ago with "nfm." Apparently she had the same original belief as yourself as to the meaning of the acronym. When she communicated what I wrote to her to my sister, you have no idea how much grief I took!

Re: nfm

Originally posted by jammenz:
Actually, I believe it means "no further message" when used on a message board -- essentially, it is used to denote that the entire message is in the subject line and the body of the response has "no further message" - when using "nfm" in body of response, it is considered proper etiquette to place an asterisk(s) at the end of the message left in subject line....this allows a reader who recognizes the notation to skip opening the message as there is "no further message" in the body of the response.

Here I thought posters had suddenly decided their post wasn't gonna be worth the effort, so NeverFMind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT