ADVERTISEMENT

Is Barren and Sandy capable of getting Rhule home?

Why Rhule? He was average at Baylor and is probably on the track of getting fired in the pros.

The Panthers scored 3 points against the Giants yesterday. I repeat the GIANTS. He pulled Darnold for lack of production and the backup went 3-14. He and Brady have an offensive juggernaut there.

Why Rhule? He was average at Baylor and is probably on the track of getting fired in the pros.
Rhule should be better judged by what he left behind at Temple and especially Baylor. Great coaches have lingering legacies....some shorter and some longer than others.

Last edited:
Rhule should be better judged by what he left behind at Temple and especially Baylor. Great coaches have lingering legacies....some shorter and some longer than others.
19-20 at Baylor and 8-15 in the NFL, but he is a Penn State guy, so that is all that matters.
I like Rhule, but do you think he can seriously take us to the next level? He had a good season at Baylor, but let's not forget the Big 12 isn not the big Ten.

I would take Napier, Fickell, Campbell well before Rhule. Plus, who to say Rhule even is interested, and CJF is still coach.

The Panthers scored 3 points against the Giants yesterday. I repeat the GIANTS. He pulled Darnold for lack of production and the backup went 3-14. He and Brady have an offensive juggernaut there.
The idea he brought a backup in from the XFL is all I need to know about his decision making as coach.. No Thank You.

Juat hire Kiffin. His cheating isn't even cheating anymore. Except on his hot wife.

He is smart and arrogant and so are most of the rest of them.

He seems to have grown up a little.

That said... Franklin is staying and I do not want him out. The remainder of this year will show a lot more than one game against the second worst team in the power 5.

Sandy and Barron are lame ducks... the last thing they want to do is this. Any big time coach is going to be cautious with a new administration coming in.

Reactions: psu00 and BBrown
Sandy and Barron are lame ducks... the last thing they want to do is this. Any big time coach is going to be cautious with a new administration coming in.
I must admit my ignorance on this matter, so please could somebody fill me in about why/when Sandy is leaving? I’ll gladly give her a ride to the nearest airport if it’ll speed up the process.

19-20 at Baylor and 8-15 in the NFL, but he is a Penn State guy, so that is all that matters.
I like Rhule, but do you think he can seriously take us to the next level? He had a good season at Baylor, but let's not forget the Big 12 isn not the big Ten.

I would take Napier, Fickell, Campbell well before Rhule. Plus, who to say Rhule even is interested, and CJF is still coach.
The turnarounds Rhule executed at a temple and Baylor were breathtaking…there is a reason why he was the #1 sought after coach

This is an excellent point and it goes for the coach they are bringing in as well. I'm sure he will want to know who is bosses are.
Thats why I think Franklin is here at PSU for at least as long as Sandy and Barron are. Unless of course Franklin is the one who
decides to leave. But they are not firing him.

Reactions: psu00
Barron is retiring in December. Sandy is rumor to be retiring soon. When soon is I do not know. As for James Franklin your either here or your not. Make a decision.
I knew Barron was retiring but I didn't know it was this soon.
Hmmmm. that kind of changes my thinking on my above post.

This is an excellent point and it goes for the coach they are bringing in as well. I'm sure he will want to know who is bosses are.
Thats why I think Franklin is here at PSU for at least as long as Sandy and Barron are. Unless of course Franklin is the one who
decides to leave. But they are not firing him.
Both are complete incompetents

Barron is retiring in December. Sandy is rumor to be retiring soon. When soon is I do not know. As for James Franklin your either here or your not. Make a decision.
Barron is retiring on June 30, 2022.

What say you all?
He signed a 7-year $60 million contract with the Panthers, and he's only in the second year of his contract. PSU could only get him if he's fired. I'd think he'd get at least four years to produce there. He's 8-15 at Carolina so far, so there's hope for you.

Reactions: step.eng69
He signed a 7-year $60 million contract with the Panthers, and he's only in the second year of his contract. PSU could only get him if he's fired. I'd think he'd get at least four years to produce there. He's 8-15 at Carolina so far, so there's hope for you.
Rhule is in trouble because he doesn’t have a QB. Having said that they will give him another year at least. Quality coach. Ship has sailed for now. Only way we have a shot is if he gets canned or for some reason pulls a Saban and decides he doesn’t want to be an NFL coach. I will say that if CJF leaves a lot of people are going to be disappointed in whoever they bring in. Think we will get a quality coach but it isn’t going to be the big home run splash hire. Either a coordinator, or successful lower level coach.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Sandy and barren are capable of doing anything they put their great minds too. That should be obvious by now. The real question is whether they should hire Rhule.

No, that day will be V-B Day.

EPVLBPIJHZOOO7LBSBWMWDOUQA.jpg

I personally think Rhule would be great hire. He recruits well enough and I think is a much better coach. I just don’t think it’s realistic to think he’s going to leave the NFL.

Reactions: 19333lion
The turnarounds Rhule executed at a temple and Baylor were breathtaking…there is a reason why he was the #1 sought after coach
Temple? Like being destroyed by Toledo in a bowl or by 6-6 Wake?

Sorry like I said, I like Rhule, I wish him the best, but he is not for us.

Yeah but there's a need for stability at AD. USC had 4 AD in a matter of years and it's no coincidence the football program suffers because of it.
Sandy is a short-timer. She was a box check hire (see her “performance” at Cal)…can I dream PSU hires a replacement based upon competency?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT