ADVERTISEMENT

?

Howard will be suspended
He should be. He lost total control and was worse than his players. He was still on the court yelling at the Wisky coach while being held back by a police officer after most of his team was already in the locker room.

We’ll see what kind of suspension he gets. I’m guessing a slap on the wrist and ready to go for postseason.

He should be. He lost total control and was worse than his players. He was still on the court yelling at the Wisky coach while being held back by a police officer after most of his team was already in the locker room.

We’ll see what kind of suspension he gets. I’m guessing a slap on the wrist and ready to go for postseason.
I think he should be fired. If he isn’t suspended for the rest of the year I would be very disappointed.

Looking at this closer, Howard refused to shake hands so the whisky coach confronted him.

Howard opens his hand so it isn’t a punch. But clearly a suspension

I haven’t looked super super close but from a few viewings it looked like two Michigan players also started throwing punches without any Wisconsin players throwing the first punch.

Reactions: psu00
It’s hard for me condemn a man in an instance like this.

Two guys got angry.

One went over the line.

But is it really a big deal? He didn’t even punch him.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

Two guys got angry.

One went over the line.

If this was the first time I might agree with you. A coach needs to be in control of his emotions better. They are supposed to be a leader and this is not how a leader acts.

Reactions: bison13

Two guys got angry.

One went over the line.

He hit him, it was an attempt at a punch. And Howard was the obvious aggressor, not like Gard was going cheat to cheat with him and trying to head it him or something. Howard had a guy in between and stepped through to throw a premeditated punch. I mean he shouldn’t go to jail or anything but in his position, he should be fired.

Looking at this closer, Howard refused to shake hands so the whisky coach confronted him.

Howard opens his hand so it isn’t a punch. But clearly a suspension

Looks like Howard went after a fan. After he slapped the other coach he was backing up. Looks like one of his players went down and then Howard jumps toward the front row.....apparently after a fan. Thinking the fan knocked down the player so Howard went after the fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
If I was the coach and had done that either at the high school or small college level I would have been fired. As athletic director, if my High School coaches had done that I would try to have them fired, especially since it's the second incident. Not only are they there to coach but they are to be role models to the players on the team and be representatives of your school while teaching values other than basketball skills.

If I was the coach and had done that either at the high school or small college level I would have been fired. As athletic director, if my High School coaches had done that I would try to have them fired, especially since it's the second incident. Not only are they there to coach but they are to be role models to the players on the team and be representatives of your school while teaching values other than basketball skills.

agreed. He should be fired, no questions asked. Time to grow up. You can’t lead men like that.

I think that is expecting a little too much. Juan has quite a ways to go to reach the “Knight level” of douchebag behavior.
But keep in mind, he also had a similar anger incident last year when he went after the Maryland coach. The guy has anger issues that should not be tolerated by any school. And in his after game presser, he absolutely showed no remorse for the punch throwing all of the blame toward Wisky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT