ADVERTISEMENT

Is 8-4 in '22 the magic formula

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
To can you know who? I am thinking if we get the new AD in and hopefully it is Brandon Short then our misery may end.

Obviously this ridiculously huge buyout still looms (I think 3 years and about $18 million at that point) which works against a change.

In '22, I am thinking we lose to Auburn, the obligatory O$U loss then scUM the next week because among other issues our fearless leader is utterly incapable of rallying the team after a loss. He has gotten lucky with a pretty easy schedule besides those games. Two of the three B10 W games are home and they are Minny and an easy one, cough, cough vs Illinois. So, there is a shot he goes 9-3 which will save his job unfortunately. There is also shot we could be 7-5 or worse and the way we are trending could be a good bet.

I'm hoping Short comes in who is smart and knows football and calls Franklin on the carpet for all this bullsh__ he slings yet backs nothing up and gets alignment from the BOT to get rid of him. Currently Franklin's boss knows nothing about football, he is not getting challenged one iota, he just rules the roost with no accountability or threat of a challenge.

There are people on this board who claim there are no viable substitutes for Franklin and no one could do better so we need to accept this horse manure product into infinity. Clearly that does not fly with rationale people who demand accountability and results.

What does everyone think?

To can you know who? I am thinking if we get the new AD in and hopefully it is Brandon Short then our misery may end.

Obviously this ridiculously huge buyout still looms (I think 3 years and about $18 million at that point) which works against a change.

In '22, I am thinking we lose to Auburn, the obligatory O$U loss then scUM the next week because among other issues our fearless leader is utterly incapable of rallying the team after a loss. He has gotten lucky with a pretty easy schedule besides those games. Two of the three B10 W games are home and they are Minny and an easy one, cough, cough vs Illinois. So, there is a shot he goes 9-3 which will save his job unfortunately. There is also shot we could be 7-5 or worse and the way we are trending could be a good bet.

I'm hoping Short comes in who is smart and knows football and calls Franklin on the carpet for all this bullsh__ he slings yet backs nothing up and gets alignment from the BOT to get rid of him. Currently Franklin's boss knows nothing about football, he is not getting challenged one iota, he just rules the roost with no accountability or threat of a challenge.

There are people on this board who claim there are no viable substitutes for Franklin and no one could do better so we need to accept this horse manure product into infinity. Clearly that does not fly with rationale people who demand accountability and results.

I just want to beat Rutgers

Wait what? Was Brandon Short's name on the list for AD? Can he be both and AD and on the BOT and where is he living now?
As far as projecting out to 2022 thats just crazy talk and has no basis in reality at all. Sorry.

Where is this talk of Brandon Short being our Athletic Director coming from? We are one of the largest athletic departments in the country, so why wouldn't Penn State hire an experienced Division 1 Athletic Director?

We can debate our 2022 win loss record all we want, but there are a TON of variables that will play out over the next several months such as coaching changes, 2022 recruiting class, transfer portal including guys who transfer out and guys who transfer in. A lot of things need to happen in order to realistically predict the 2022 win loss record.

But for conversation purposes, as of today I believe that Clifford leaves the program after this season and we go 6-6 in 2022. Franklin will be on the Hot Seat going into 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
We can debate our 2022 win loss record all we want, but there are a TON of variables that will play out over the next several months such as coaching changes, 2022 recruiting class, transfer portal including guys who transfer out and guys who transfer in. A lot of things need to happen in order to realistically predict the 2022 win loss record.
A TON is 2000 pounds, so that is about 6-7 offensive lineman. So, yeah - that would be good.

• Haha
Reactions: psu00

But for conversation purposes, as of today I believe that Clifford leaves the program after this season and we go 6-6 in 2022. Franklin will be on the Hot Seat going into 2023.
I hate to defend the OP, because his post is pretty idiotic, but he wasn't predicting what our record might be in 2022. He was discussing if a record of 8-4 in 2022 would be enough to get CJF fired.

If we can repeat what is likely to be a 7 and 5 record I would be happy. The schedule is even more front loaded than it was this year.

There is no way PSU is going to toss $20 mil to get rid of Franklin after next year. Maybe after 2024 when they'll owe around $7 million, but not after 2022. In comparison Auburn has the most "dead money" owed to fired coaches to the tune of $31.2 million across multiple coaches.

You got the wrong person slinging the bull you know what. Look in the mirror.

By the way, Franklin announced this evening that Christian Villeiux is now QB#2 on the roster, replacing Roberson as the back-up QB.

I heard a rumor today that fans of our B1G rivals have started a go fund me to raise money for Franklin if he agrees to stay through the terms of his contract.

• Haha
Reactions: MaconNitt
I guess I am confused. We have Allar coming in who is way better than Clifford and a RB that is way better than any we have on the roster, so I have been told on this board many times. I am thinking 12-0 or 11-1 and a 90 million dollar Mel Tucker-esque extension.
And so much for this board being different than the previous one.

Way too early to figure out what next year looks like. Not only because we don't know who's coming back for us, but we also don't know who's coming back for our opponents.

For instance.......if Aidan O'Connell comes back for Purdue (and I assume David Bell won't), they'll be a tough road opponent to open the year. If Bo Nix and Tank Bigsby come back for Auburn, they'll be tough. And so on.

Either way, it's not unrealistic for us to be underdogs in 4 of our first 6 games.

Frankin has a 10yr (!) extension on the table, so marinate on that a little bit. Would just be priceless if it’s officially announced after a loss to Rutgers.

Frankin has a 10yr (!) extension on the table, so marinate on that a little bit. Would just be priceless if it’s officially announced after a loss to Rutgers.
10 year extension, are you serious or joking? Can’t wait to see the continued underperformance and Franklin entertaining other offers year in and year out. Although I think Franklin’s market value has significantly decreased this season and we may be stuck with Franklin until he leaves for a mid-level P5 or MAC rebuilding job like Virginia Tech.

I think you're stupid.

Reactions: joeaubie21
I know one thing: Marshall 23 or whatever that buffoon calls himself will come out and predict 7-5, then when Franklin goes 4-8 he will change the goal posts and pretend he never said it. Then he will give you a nice logical breakdown on how 4-8 is perfectly acceptable, and then call all of you names like a 4th grader, because none of you are coaches.

I want to know who you know what in your Cheerios this morning? Seriously.

I think if the new AD fires Franklin after a winning record (or really anything short of something catastrophic like 2-10) in 2022, they are a moron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT