ADVERTISEMENT

IRAN bans USA

PSUranger

Mar 11, 2014
PA
Just read on msn.com that Iran has banned the US wrestling team from this month's freestyle worls cup in response to Trump.

OUCH

If Im Iran, I do the ban PR. Then closer to the event, I take the "high" ground after the US MSM runs with this and let the US in. Then Iran (as Im playing the roll of Iran) crushes the US in competition and in Iran we are heroes and have the "high ground" after letting them compete.

If Im the US, while not getting political, I think this is a chance (because of the MSM feeding freenzy) to make some hay for the athletes and the sport. The light will be white hot, why not take the exposure and use it to the sports advantage.

In other news TR blames Trump, not Iran. Me being Me, I blame both.

I personally hate when athletes are used as pawns in international affairs. Still smarting from the 1980 Olympics ban.

Engineers, doctors, school children, college students, mothers and fathers, grandparents ... they're all affected by the current state of "international affairs." It's sad but not surprising that athletes will be affected too.

Does a Nation have a right to ban another Nation from independently sanctioned competition?

You're kidding, right?

YOU'RE kidding, right? Seriously...

f0d55ced737a330b42e3634ec31470fa.jpg

My suggestion is to run our own tournament at the same time. Make it million bucks for champ. If only USA show, so be it.

I do that and a lot of threads don't make sense here because of that.
yep. Sometimes have to read between the lines. But it is mostly worth the effort.

On topic, sucks for the guys who were supposed to go. Not as bad as the 80 olympics, but thought we had got past all this. Maybe in the future UWW will be somewhat attuned to the worldpolitik and schedule in "neutral" countries.

Iran loves their wrestling. Maybe the extreme leader or what ever he is called did not want to be embarrassed losing on their own soil so used this as an excuse. Iran should be banned from ever hosting an international event.

yep. Sometimes have to read between the lines. But it is mostly worth the effort.

On topic, sucks for the guys who were supposed to go. Not as bad as the 80 olympics, but thought we had got past all this. Maybe in the future UWW will be somewhat attuned to the worldpolitik and schedule in "neutral" countries.

To be fair, this one was pretty unforeseeable. The executive order wasn't in place until a week ago.

Maybe we can hope dunkej01 can take over Iran pretty quickly and get his plan in place.

Jefe is right now in the BWI Cube taking our D1 domination plan and marking it up for a real World Domination plan.

Matt Brown, Morgan McIntosh and Mason Manville are being briefed later today.

Reactions: Brian LB-U

My vote is to put future events in Israel. If certain countries choose to boycott for political reasons, their problem.

Of course that will happen roughly the same time Jammen acknowledges Cael's coaching ability.

Jefe is right now in the BWI Cube taking our D1 domination plan and marking it up for a real World Domination plan.

I foresee this in someone's future:

Penn-State.jpg

Reactions: diggerpup

Willie projecting Mason at 97KG?

Part of the fallout from having an executive who doesn't think things through making executive orders. I guess we should get used to it.

If Im Iran, I do the ban PR. Then closer to the event, I take the "high" ground after the US MSM runs with this and let the US in. Then Iran (as Im playing the roll of Iran) crushes the US in competition and in Iran we are heroes and have the "high ground" after letting them compete.

If Im the US, while not getting political, I think this is a chance (because of the MSM feeding freenzy) to make some hay for the athletes and the sport. The light will be white hot, why not take the exposure and use it to the sports advantage.

In other news TR blames Trump, not Iran. Me being Me, I blame both.

That is actually a great plan. If you are Iran, you end up looking like you are morally superior to Trump which is exactly what they want to have happen in the international community. Iran's Prime Ministir gets on TV and says how it is not fair to the athletes that Trump is crazy and that Iran will not stoop to Trump's level and that all athletes are welcome. The world press would eat that up left and right.

What will surely come down the road is that athletic organizations will make sure their big events are not located in the US nor in Iran. The US will feel a de-facto boycott, similar (in effect) to what North Carolina faces from the NCAA et al., who will not locate their big events in North Carolina.

Just guessing, but this is world stage political posturing and Iran eventually allows US team in. At least as long as they don't receive a whole lot of public help from the White House.

Just read on msn.com that Iran has banned the US wrestling team from this month's freestyle worls cup in response to Trump.

OUCH
All I can say is screw Iran! And all the winners will know one thing. You really don't win if you don't beat the best.

Where does this end? Will the USA wrestling leadership consider preventing Iran from participating in the World Cup?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT