ADVERTISEMENT

Ira, Cael, Rich and others

Great articl on friendship and knowing what was best for the team. Every PSU fan should be thankful for his leadership, stick with it attitude and generosity.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
I think the issue is far bigger than that. Go back to 86engineer he seems to have more of a concern than any slush fund story.

Roar posted a link to a nice story that is relevant this week's 9th anniversary of Cael's hire.

To attempt to railroad it into something else is misplaced, inappropriate and unnecessary. If there is a strong desire to disparage the man the BWI/McAndrew or Test boards seem much more appropriate.

Sorry , I can't say anything nice about a guy who was deeply involved in TSM , quit when allegations arose and then in turn threw PSU athletics under the bus as BOT chairman. PSU wrestler or not, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Roar posted a link to a nice story that is relevant this week's 9th anniversary of Cael's hire.

To attempt to railroad it into something else is misplaced, inappropriate and unnecessary. If there is a strong desire to disparage the man the BWI/McAndrew or Test boards seem much more appropriate.

Nope. This guy had as much to do as anyone with cementing the narrative about, perhaps, the greatest ambassador Penn State ever had. And, for what possible reason? We have back and forth discussions all the time on this board. It is not unreasonable to put Ira in some perspective.

I've met the man, and I know Rich Lorenzo better than most on this board. Even know others in the article as well...and given that I tend to find the good in people vs what others may do, all the folks mentioned are top-drawer in my book.

Regardless what the motivation is for posting some of what I read above, it was my intent to provide some perspective re. wrestling. That's not the direction some have taken it...so the article is gone.

Lets keep the scandal stuff off the wrestling board. Ira has been good for PSU wrestling that much is true. The other stuff, none of us know the full story, which maybe if we did we would understand why certain decisions were made by everyone and anyone and possibly that changes our opinions of the people we perceive to be heroes and villains, or not. No doubt now, both PSU football and wrestling are in good places.

I've met the man, and I know Rich Lorenzo better than most on this board. Even know others in the article as well...and given that I tend to find the good in people vs what others may do, all the folks mentioned are top-drawer in my book.

Regardless what the motivation is for posting some of what I read above, it was my intent to provide some perspective re. wrestling. That's not the direction some have taken it...so the article is gone.

That’ll teach you, children.

And if you keep it up, we’re going to revoke your Google privileges so you can’t find the story on your own by entering the terms “Ira,” “Cael” and “statecollege.com.”

.so the article is gone.
For the life of me Roar, I cannot begin to understand the rationale behind removing an article that celebrates an important and positive time in the history of PSU wrestling. Who are you hurting by taking that action? 86engineer, Diegobadman, etc? Hardly. Their opinions are set in stone, and if God himself came down and hugged Ira, they'd call God another flunky. Don't give into the negative. Celebrate the positive.

the wet blanket strikes again.

Reactions: purescurve
For the life of me Roar, I cannot begin to understand the rationale behind removing an article that celebrates an important and positive time in the history of PSU wrestling. Who are you hurting by taking that action? 86engineer, Diegobadman, etc? Hardly. Their opinions are set in stone, and if God himself came down and hugged Ira, they'd call God another flunky. Don't give into the negative. Celebrate the positive.
Should have left it up...wanted it to be a post of a celebratory story, and thought pulling it after seeing some of the posts would stop the downward spiral, and ugliness I thought was possible.

I was wrong.

PSUAllTheWay already posted it above. Here it is again...
http://www.statecollege.com/news/co...build-a-penn-state-wrestling-dynasty,1476246/

Should have left it up...wanted it to be a post of a celebratory story, and thought pulling it after seeing some of the posts would stop the downward spiral, and ugliness I thought was possible.

I was wrong.

PSUAllTheWay already posted it above. Here it is again...
http://www.statecollege.com/news/co...build-a-penn-state-wrestling-dynasty,1476246/
You’re a good man Allen. Keep the faith. I’m going to enjoy meeting you one of these days when you least expect it.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Apologize for my post , should keep wrestling and the gaggle of a monstrosity that is the scandal that happened separate. Need to keep a good glass of bourbon and my cellphone separate as well

Reactions: CholleyVandine

Guys let it go..Holly crap !!!! It's over and we have a great season to talk about and a shot at a GREAT recruiting class. Sometimes we are our own worse enemy....We need the BIG donors to come out which should happen soon....MOVE ON ALREADY!!!!Hope Ira and the bills owner step up big for the University....Bottom line...If we are going to win National Championships in Football the BIG TIME DONORS must step up now !!!! It's PAST time !!!! LETS GO STATE !WE ARE ON THE RISE BIG TIME !!!! As Cael would say stay positive and GREAT things will happen !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT