ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa opening drive

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
It would be so nice to see the Hawks have to punt, or better yet, turn the ball over on their opening series. I am so freaking sick of seeing our defense look like they have no clue in the first 15 minutes of every game...or the last 15 minutes(see IU shit show)

Reactions: 81b&w and BBrown
1st down from the 25: Run up the middle for 9 yards. 2nd and 1.

2nd down from the 34: Slant over the middle complete. Bad angles all over the place. 66-yard touchdown.

7-0, iowa, 14:26 to go in the 1st quarter.
So you foresee consistency. Nice.....

It would be so nice to see the Hawks have to punt, or better yet, turn the ball over on their opening series. I am so freaking sick of seeing our defense look like they have no clue in the first 15 minutes of every game...or the last 15 minutes(see IU shit show)

It will be interesting. We are facing a, statistically, Clifford clone in the Iowa QB. Lets see if we can turn him into a Heisman candidate too. :oops:

2nd down from the 34: Slant over the middle complete. Bad angles all over the place. 66-yard touchdown.

aah, an optimist. Positive things will go wrong🙃

1st down from 35: Run up the middle for 9 yards. 2nd and 1.

2nd down from 44; QB keep\drow, 10 yards.

1st down from our 44: Slant over the middle complete. Bad angles all over the place. 44 yard touchdown.

8-0 Iowa because they go for 2 after our encroachment penalty on XP which moves the ball closer. 13:45 to go in 1st Qtr. Commercial break that includes the Big 10 commercial, the animated one where the school logos pop up as they pan across the eastern part of the country.

1st down from our 44: Slant over the middle complete. Bad angles all over the place. 44 yard touchdown.

8-0 Iowa because they go for 2 after our encroachment penalty on XP which moves the ball closer. 13:45 to go in 1st Qtr. Commercial break that includes the Big 10 commercial, the animated one where the school logos pop up as they pan across the eastern part of the country.

I expect iowa’s offense to be more efficient than that.

Reactions: TheBigUglies

I really don't care what the first drive for either team is. Obviously, a three and out for our defense versus the Iowa offense, and a Penn State touchdown on its first drive.
However, throughout the game, I would just like to see consistency from the OL. Getting a push to allow the RBs (not the Q) to run for plus yards. Give the Q time to go through his reads and complete passes.
Defensively, do your job. The players know their job, now do it. And, if they can't get it down, then don't wait until halftime to make adjustments. Get them coached up during the first half.
Play with enthusiasm. Get after it and have fun.
And, win. Of course, win.

OL

It will be interesting. We are facing a, statistically, Clifford clone in the Iowa QB. Lets see if we can turn him into a Heisman candidate too. :oops:
I’m confident that Pry’s defense will find a way to make the kid look like Unitas.... and wait for the Michigan game. Joe Milton will look like Tom Brady after Pry’s boys get ahold of him.

Not to be picky but I'm a math guy if they got 10 yards from the 44 they would cross the 50 and be at the 46.

I mean, if Iowa doesn't open with a jet sweep they most certainly pull it out before the end of the first half... right?

I’m confident that Pry’s defense will find a way to make the kid look like Unitas.... and wait for the Michigan game. Joe Milton will look like Tom Brady after Pry’s boys get ahold of him.
Our DB's never cover all the receivers. Seriously, when was the last time we had a "coverage sack?" I recall my wife shooshing me during the Cotton Bowl in January when I was yelling at the TV because we were rushing 3, dropping 8 and still getting beat deep! The good thing is our db's make up for their inability to cover by being lousy tacklers....ir

Hoping for the best as the Iowa QB is not that good........but I could see us all ready for a power run and they burn us deep over the middle for a 75 yard TD. One of our defensive backs did not get the memo and we have 10 players on the field. Nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT