ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa MBB trying to get a road win at home today

PSU has played close games with the top programs so they should be able to beat Iowa. That doesn't mean they will. PSU basketball history gives us plenty of reason to be skeptical.

Reactions: TheGLOV
PSU has played close games with the top programs so they should be able to beat Iowa. That doesn't mean they will. PSU basketball history gives us plenty of reason to be skeptical.
This post was meant to be a joke. The commentator said that Iowa is trying to win on the road, and the game's at Iowa. Penn State is the road team. I think we have a good chance

Reactions: bdgan
Is Lundy available today?
Yes, a guy on the Penn State hoops discord confirmed that in photos of the team boarding the plane a pair of legs had the same shoes Lundy was wearing on Instagram, lol.

More recently, John Sauber confirmed that Lundy made the trip in a tweet

Reactions: NedFromYork
This will be tough. Iowa coming off a bad loss to Rutgers. Carver is a difficult place to win. Better be ready for the full court press.

Reactions: bdgan
This will be tough. Iowa coming off a bad loss to Rutgers. Carver is a difficult place to win. Better be ready for the full court press.
Pickett has been great but not the best when pressured in the back court.

Reactions: psuguy43
10 turnovers ain't gonna get it done.
It's encouraging that we are still right there in this game when we've already pretty much met our full game average for turnovers in only the first half. Sloppy

That 7-0 run against us at the end of the half was poor. They have to stay on Bohannon and not let him burn us with 3s. Also obviously stop the turnover machine.

Wow blown out in the 2nd half. Optics of a 17 point loss not good even if on the road. This team is not nearly good enough to pull out road wins against the upper half of the conference. Maybe in a couple years with Shrew or maybe not.

We are at the end of the semester so I have some very frustrating/mundane grading to do for freshmen (social promotions end in 9th grade- and many just don't believe that THEY WILL FAIL). Spending the day on last gasp attempts with all sorts of checklists for them to salvage things.....

I watched the score on gametracker....looks like we were lucky to be in it at half but that the wheels fell off the wagon in 2nd for a butt kicking. One of the things that has impressed me about Coach Shrew is that he has managed to keep us in games when we really shouldn't have been....I guess not today.

I traded one form of frustration for another- and picked right today- at least I was productive : )

Reactions: bison13
Wow blown out in the 2nd half. Optics of a 17 point loss not good even if on the road. This team is not nearly good enough to pull out road wins against the upper half of the conference. Maybe in a couple years with Shrew or maybe not.
I wouldn't worry about it too much or look too into this game. Blowouts happen. JH was not himself today - wondering if he isn't feeling well?

Final rebounding stat favored IA 37-34. IIRC it was 22-10 in favor of PSU at one point. If so, IA won that stat 27-12 in 2nd half. Totally outworked.

Final rebounding stat favored IA 37-34. IIRC it was 22-10 in favor of PSU at one point. If so, IA won that stat 27-12 in 2nd half. Totally outworked.
I think it was 20-5 with a couple minutes left in the 1st half. Harrar got pushed around a bit today but also didn't get as many minutes or touches in the post.

Was more of an offense issue to me, way too many times they didn't get a decent shot off. Iowas press got them out of rhythm, even as a slow playing team those 4-5 extra seconds used in the backcourt make a difference. Very few post ups from pickett or Lee as well.

I think it was 20-5 with a couple minutes left in the 1st half. Harrar got pushed around a bit today but also didn't get as many minutes or touches in the post.

Was more of an offense issue to me, way too many times they didn't get a decent shot off. Iowas press got them out of rhythm, even as a slow playing team those 4-5 extra seconds used in the backcourt make a difference. Very few post ups from pickett or Lee as well.
PSU struggled with the pressure and couldn't get into their offense. No doubt about that but getting out rebounded by more than a 2-1 margin in the second half is an effort thing. No excuse.

Really was hoping offensive flow would be better under Shrews but it's not happening. B10 defenses starting to take away the few things we do well.

Still too much dribbling and standing around. Not enough movement, sharp cutting, and quick passing. Hoping it's mostly a personnel issue that will be rectified starting next season.

Really was hoping offensive flow would be better under Shrews but it's not happening. B10 defenses starting to take away the few things we do well.

Still too much dribbling and standing around. Not enough movement, sharp cutting, and quick passing. Hoping it's mostly a personnel issue that will be rectified starting next season.
I'm actually seeing more off-ball movement. We also run some schemes, like auto-rescreens. It may look like we are playing iso ball and doing nothing, but we are:

Pickett has been neutralized the last two games. Unless we can start making open 3s at a better rate we are in big trouble on offense.

Harrar and Lee combined 1-9. Most of those were off OReb or a jumper by Lee. Should have more post ups next round. Need to force Keegan to play defense more than they did tonight. Lundy has to be more aggressive on o too.

Iowa is always tough at Carver, next week at psu will be different

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT