ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting flight about to land....

I have to admit, while the search to land OB was fun, Franklin's hire was off the charts amazing! Maybe the most fun I've had on the board. Between Phil's Golden proclamation, flight tracking, and Vanderbilt fans (and their AD), I just had a blast.
Totally agree.....good times....."Anchor Down!" ....great stuff....

@audsnyder4 the plane from W Mich that McAndrew Board is tracking isn't Ciarroca, it's Huff coming back from Nordin visit. Plz let ppl know.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

I have to admit, while the search to land OB was fun, Franklin's hire was off the charts amazing! Maybe the most fun I've had on the board. Between Phil's Golden proclamation, flight tracking, and Vanderbilt fans (and their AD), I just had a blast.

It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Hear hear! Just think of how much fun this will be now that posting GIFs and such is so much easier.

It would be even "funner" if Jon Gruden was bandied about as a candidate, but, alas, even this board isn't crazy enough for that.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
.....in western michigan

WMU OC is a Temple grad

coached Flacco at Delaware

20 yrs experience

work at Penn as well

cant link from phone

www.flightaware.com

KUNV is state college airport

most flights are to pittsburgh, philly, detroit, chicago but this one sticks out

im assuming the wmu oc knows huff from his time at wmu

at work. keep me posted
maybe he's there to see bill kenney ;).

Ya don't think so? You underestimate the creative thinking that goes on here. Scroll up or down the linked page.

http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/ok-serious-guesses-who-cjf-brings-in.66584/page-3#post-919049
Oh dear God!

You were more even-keeled in your reply than I would have been. You might have seen my post on p.2 of the thread. I spoke too soon.

At least no one seriously suggested Jon Gruden - Tom would have to nuke the thread, then.

This certainly wasn't the only consideration (I wouldn't think), but wrt Enos:

From a story when he was hired at Arkansas:

"According to USA Today's coaching salary database: Enos made $360,000 at Central Michigan. His salary at Arkansas is likely considerably higher than that."

FWIW - I think Fleck is more "P5 Head Coach Material" than Enos is.....but they are certainly in the same demographic.

Also, in addition to Enos, there have been non-P5 Head Coaches who took Assistant jobs each of the last couple years:

Dwayne Walker - who left a HC gig to take an NFL AC job (though his tenure as a HC was "less than successful")

and

Garrick McGee - who left a HC gig at UAB to become an OC at Louisville (though, again, his tenure as a HC was less than stellar)
left uab? i think uab left him.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
"At least no one seriously suggested Jon Gruden - Tom would have to nuke the thread, then."

...and why is that? Gruden loves the Eagles, or does he vote for the wrong political party? Sekrah was all in on Gruden as I recall, until he demanded to know what the BOT knew about the NCAA and Sandusky. Nobody gets that!

Folks here would never accept Jon Gruden on the Penn State staff - after all, he used to coach for Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT