ADVERTISEMENT

Imran Heard interview

Short and sweet, where does he project? GS/RS? I know John Brooks spoke very highly of him a while back.

Does the article refer to him as a freshman just because of sloppy journalism or do none of his credits transfer from Lock Haven? Would he be an academic freshman with redshirt sophomore eligibility?

Does the article refer to him as a freshman just because of sloppy journalism or do none of his credits transfer from Lock Haven? Would he be an academic freshman with redshirt sophomore eligibility?

It just says he's an incoming wrestler. Lock Haven 2019-20 roster indicates 2020-21 would be redshirt sophomore eligibility. Some may have incorrectly inferred the mentioning of the HS from which he graduated implied this spring.

It just says he's an incoming wrestler. Lock Haven 2019-20 roster indicates 2020-21 would be redshirt sophomore eligibility. Some may have incorrectly inferred the mentioning of the HS from which he graduated implied this spring.
They must have edited it, originally it said Freshman wrestler in the headline.

So I guess it was sloppy journalism that they then fixed, possibly after reading this thread.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
Welcome Imran!!!!!

It said he was from Pittsburgh and went to high school in Maryland. That is one damn long school bus ride. But hey, I still wouldn't get my homework done in that time. 🙄

Reactions: liex26 and Ja1339
I am very confident that Imran will be an example of what happens when you place yourself at the right place at the right time. He could probably go 133 or 141. He will find out with the proper nutrition and training now that he is at PSU.

It would/will be great to have a good replacement for Lee or RBY if they take an OLY RS/RS this year. And, another good training partner for those guys as well.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Lee IS sitting out for sure, RBY hasnt said OWOA.

Makes me wonder if Beau Bartlett and Robbie Howard will be wrestling this year, then. I think there is some validity to putting them on a Zain-like program. Wrestle as a true freshman, do relatively well, RS the next year, come back and lay the wood to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT