ADVERTISEMENT

Important Message for ORV Permit Holders from PSU

Greg Pickel BWI staff

Staff
Jun 30, 2021
From a PSU release ahead of the Auburn game:

A strong line of thunderstorms crossed through State College Wednesday afternoon. Those storms caused extensive damage and obstructions to the Overnight RV (ORV) lot, knocking down utility poles, power lines and trees, turning over portable toilets and causing other damage to the area. Power to the ORV lot is out at this time and many roadways are obstructed by utility poles and trees. Crews are working diligently to restore power as quickly as possible and crews are working to remove the debris.

In order to allow crews as much time as possible to restore power to the ORV lot and clear debris from the roadways, we have made the decision to close the ORV lot Thursday evening and move all RVs to Grange Fair Park (1 Homan Ln, Centre Hall, PA 16828) for Thursday evening with the hope of a potential Friday afternoon/evening move-in, if we are able to restore power. Those planning to arrive Thursday can show their Thursday ORV pass at the Grange Fair and will not be charged.

If you have questions regarding this weekend’s ORV Lot relocation, please email ORVlot@psu.edu.

Reactions: Obliviax
Hopefully by Friday afternoon/evening? The wife is going to be pissed. I am reading that is be prepared to not come.

Good Lord - of all the timing for something like this to happen. If anyone gets any news stories or pictures, please post them. It's really not that big of an area. Just how diligently are they working?

Strong storm this afternoon screwed a lot of things up. Fortunately my place was just brownouts but Bellefonte was without power for a few hours and LOTS of debris on the roads.

My guess is WPP/PSU will get things sorted before Friday but they want space and time to do it without promising it will get done. Saw pics on the tubes from Orchard Road - snapped poles with lots of wires to fix.

The University seems to hate these people so much, I'd look for chainsaw marks on some of the poles.

Reactions: PSUMoose
Strong storm this afternoon screwed a lot of things up. Fortunately my place was just brownouts but Bellefonte was without power for a few hours and LOTS of debris on the roads.

My guess is WPP/PSU will get things sorted before Friday but they want space and time to do it without promising it will get done. Saw pics on the tubes from Orchard Road - snapped poles with lots of wires to fix.
slykens - what local station/news bunny reported? Maybe I can find it online.

FML! I haven’t been in the ORV lots for years, and my first time back after spending a shit ton of money to make it happen and this. Ugh.

IMG_6816.jpg

E_Xuhc8WQAMFQmg

FML! I haven’t been in the ORV lots for years, and my first time back after spending a shit ton of money to make it happen and this. Ugh.
I'd be flipping out if I were you. I can't imagine. Down here, FPL after a storm would take care of an area that size before the sun went down.

Reactions: republion
Latest from PSU:

ORV Lot Update

Utility crews have worked diligently to clear debris and replace utility poles to make the Overnight RV (ORV) lot operational this weekend. Crews will continue to work around the clock as there is more work to be done. The lot is scheduled to open Friday afternoon. The exact open time for the lot and entry information will be provided at 10:30 a.m. Friday morning.

With the overturned toilets, it sounds like they had brownouts in the ORV lots.

Latest from PSU:

ORV Lot Update

Utility crews have worked diligently to clear debris and replace utility poles to make the Overnight RV (ORV) lot operational this weekend. Crews will continue to work around the clock as there is more work to be done. The lot is scheduled to open Friday afternoon. The exact open time for the lot and entry information will be provided at 10:30 a.m. Friday morning.
Drove by the lot tonite. Lights are on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT