ADVERTISEMENT

I'm eating late tonight and having this.....

giphy.gif

Its rare to meet one outside of PA or Ohio.... our numbers are dwindling.
Sadly true. I'm in my 60's and too many of my generation started going to Latin Rite churches and only come back at Christmas or Easter, if then. It's a shame because our Liturgy and traditions are so beautiful. I have asked Latin Rite friends to join me on Sunday from time to time, and when they do, they really enjoy it, but they are not our future. We need an aggressive campaign to bring back those who left and to encourage others to give us a try, but no one seems to be doing much of anything.

I remember the first really nice spring day (probably mid-Feb) when I was a freshman at KU. Maybe 6-8 weeks after PSU 15 - KU 14.

Came home after an early afternoon class and probably half my frat (40+guys) were out and up on our roof's Southern exposure getting some rays. (We had a new modernistic house only two years old, looked like a ski lodge with a very gentle sloping roofline.)

I quickly threw on some shorts and went to join them, then learned what all my fellow frosh were also learning. We were allowed to go to the roof only AFTER hitting the kitchen and having one of our frat's cooks slap some bacon grease all over our bodies so we got a good, quick, great looking tan! It really speeded up the process!

The frat's two dogs sure had busy noses the next few days!

I used baby oil back when I was too dumb to care about consequences and had a reasonable chance to impress a young woman with my tanned and toned body. At this point in life, I generally try to cover up as much of me as I can.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I'm glad I'm not the only one here.:)
It's amazing to me that I started a thread about bacon and ended up talking about the Byzantine Rite.

Fair, if you liked the bass voice in the Templar Salve Regina, try this. Apparently the Russian Orthodox did not use organs in their Divine Liturgy, so they used male voices. The linked chant is to the Slavonic Rite, but was influenced b the Russian Orthodox Rite. To me, it almost sounds like Tibetan chanting:

Link:

Reactions: fairgambit
I used baby oil back when I was too dumb to care about consequences and had a reasonable chance to impress a young woman with my tanned and toned body. At this point in life, I generally try to cover up as much of me as I can.

My tanning over the years was usually the awful golfer's tan.....a toned body, well, the only way I'd have ever had a toned body was if I had switched from ivory bar soap to tone bar soap for my showers!

Fair, if you liked the bass voice in the Templar Salve Regina, try this. Apparently the Russian Orthodox did not use organs in their Divine Liturgy, so they used male voices. The linked chant is to the Slavonic Rite, but was influenced b the Russian Orthodox Rite. To me, it almost sounds like Tibetan chanting:

Link:
Interesting. That is the deepest male voice I have ever heard. I recognize part of what he is chanting, translating to "Lord have mercy" in english.

One more Byzantine Catholic post. Andy Warhol was a devout Byzantine Catholic and is buried in a Byzantine Catholic cemetery.

AndyWarholZebra.jpg

Reactions: psu00
That would kill me! Or, at least confine me to remaining within 5 yards of a toilet for about a week or so.
Very hot. Still get the horseradish, but very hot. Had to temper it w/ more honey and some miracle whip. Did I say it was very hot? 4 ghost peppers was about 2 too many.

17098271_10155095732584283_7359365263013154704_n.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one here.:)
It's amazing to me that I started a thread about bacon and ended up talking about the Byzantine Rite.

Not to be blasphemous, but I think you just invented a new sect of Catholicism, the BWI Baconzantium Catholics. That makes you the first pope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT