ADVERTISEMENT

I'M DONE: I can no longer call myself a fan of college football (too much hypocrisy)....

Mack_Daddy

Oct 7, 2001
Woke up This morning feeling the way I did the first time I visited Florence Italy - DISAPPOINTED. The Florence I grew up imagining, no longer existed. Florence is just a tourist attraction, now.

I feel that way about college football, now. The cfb I grew up loving and following no longer exists. Jimbo being awarded $7.5 million a year to coach 18-23 year olds? In a stadium of ~~100k screaming adults living on a (ahem) prayer every play? Death threats and alterations if YOUR team loses? Concussions? Steroids and HGH?

All people talk about here in JAX is FSU and UF coaching searches. This season has been filled with nothing but. Its like nothing else is going on in the world.

You older guys can relate, but I miss 3 (then 4) New Years Day Bowls. I miss following games like Colgate vs Lehigh. Now, it's like 60 teams make a Bowl. A 10-2 season is a wash, now.

It's just not the same anymore. It's just a matter of time till a disgruntled fan does something crazy. Kills a player or kills a coach.

$7.5 million a year to coach 18-23 year olds? Insane! And, the most horrific thing to me is, there's no end in sight. I can easily envision 150k stadiums; $10 million a year contracts; fake grades; etc....

Woke up This morning feeling the way I did the first time I visited Florence Italy - DISAPPOINTED. The Florence I grew up imagining, no longer existed. Florence is just a tourist attraction, now.

I feel that way about college football, now. The cfb I grew up loving and following no longer exists. Jimbo being awarded $7.5 million a year to coach 18-23 year olds? In a stadium of ~~100k screaming adults living on a (ahem) prayer every play? Death threats and alterations if YOUR team loses? Concussions? Steroids and HGH?

All people talk about here in JAX is FSU and UF coaching searches. This season has been filled with nothing but. Its like nothing else is going on in the world.

You older guys can relate, but I miss 3 (then 4) New Years Day Bowls. I miss following games like Colgate vs Lehigh. Now, it's like 60 teams make a Bowl. A 10-2 season is a wash, now.

It's just not the same anymore. It's just a matter of time till a disgruntled fan does something crazy. Kills a player or kills a coach.

$7.5 million a year to coach 18-23 year olds? Insane! And, the most horrific thing to me is, there's no end in sight. I can easily envision 150k stadiums; $10 million a year contracts; fake grades; etc....

Not just CFB either. Priorities are out of whack in general these days.

The college football you though you grew up loving never existed. You were just too dumb to see it, or chose not to.

Don't believe me When you have a couple of hours of spare time watch the movie "Trouble Along the Way." Made in the early '50s, a typical sanitized, soppy, sentimental Hollywood product, but given the era in which it was made it doesn't take much to extrapolate to the reality. Then again, it's you so I don't expect very much.

I don't believe you. Prove it by not posting on college football message boards anymore.

I'm venturing a wild guess here, but "fake grades" probably already exist. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
;);););););););););)

"$7.5 million a year to coach 18-23 year olds?"

Compared to what? Matt Lauer paid $25 million per year to grope, rape and harass female employees? Now that's insane!

Reactions: TN Lion
It's just a matter of time till a disgruntled fan does something crazy. Kills a player or kills a coach.
Or a stupid poster on a mesaage board. What did you say your address is?

What a ridiculous diatribe. Prime material for your 'under 100' IQ board.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

Even though you are whacked out of your gourd, you still manage to produce a few gems here and there. That gif is very funny too. Were you and your family inspired by Michael Flatley?

Last edited:

Florence Henderson?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT